Author Topic: Netanyahu defends son taped illicitly outside strip club  (Read 502 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Netanyahu defends son taped illicitly outside strip club
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:16:45 pm »
Netanyahu defends son taped illicitly outside strip club
Reuters Staff

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday defended his son over drunken remarks made between visits to strip clubs and taped illicitly that drew criticism for being derogatory of women.

The recording, aired late on Monday by Israeli Hadashot News, was made in 2015 while Netanyahu’s son, Yair, toured strip clubs in Tel Aviv while partying with two friends.

In it, Yair Netanyahu and his friends are heard teasing each other on who has paid for what during their night out on the town. When one of the friends tells Yair he spotted him 400 Shekels (about $115), Yair says: “No, that was for the hooker.”

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-netanyahu-son/netanyahu-defends-son-taped-illicitly-outside-strip-club-idUSKBN1EY1XU

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Netanyahu defends son taped illicitly outside strip club
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:31 pm »
This 26 year old "kid" needs to move out of mommy and daddy's house, get a job and grow up.

He does his father no favors by forcing him to justify or explain a pattern of bad behavior.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:52:36 pm »
Apparently, I latched on to one of the earlier reports, other reports emphasize the talk more about a multi-billion oil and gas deal:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s son Yair Netanyahu was recorded telling the son of Israeli businessman and gas tycoon Kobi Maimon outside a strip club that the prime minister set up $20 billion for the latter's father, according to a report on Israel Television News Company Monday.

“My dad set up 20 billion dollars for your dad, and you’re fighting with me about 400 shekels [about $115]?” said Yair in the 2015 recording of the conversation with his friend, upon leaving the strip club. Netanyahu later said the 400 shekels was for a prostitute.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.833740

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:01:28 pm »
They must be airing reruns of "Two and a Half Men" in Tel Viva and Bebi's kid is binge watching them.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 02:58:13 pm »
This is what is troubling for the PM: 

Netanyahu's Son to Gas Tycoon's Son at Strip Club: My Dad Set Your Dad Up for $20b, Give Me $115 for Prostitute
Haaretz, Jan 10, 2018

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.833740