Author Topic: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'  (Read 9732 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
It's just that the constant, unending, hashed and rehashed again and beating the dead horse so much he looks like a run over frog conversation about it is soooooo bleep old and tired.

Ain't that the truth!  On both sides.    13859 11513 @@@girlfight

He's not the Second Coming and he's not the devil incarnate.  He's a seriously flawed person who won the election and who has a tendency to do the right thing when he's not doing the wrong thing.  Those who see him as all bad are just as wrong as those who see him as all good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2018, 08:18:53 pm »
If I can't do it with Ted Cruz or Ronald Reagan, it can't be done.
Or Ted Cruz lost in the primaries (bless his heart), and Ronald Reagan gave us his Amnesty of 1986 without correcting chain migration, the root of our present immigration troubles.

And yet Trump is the problem. But if he does anything good, it doesn't count since he isn't Cruz.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »
Ain't that the truth!  On both sides.    13859 11513 @@@girlfight

He's not the Second Coming and he's not the devil incarnate.  He's a seriously flawed person who won the election and who has a tendency to do the right thing when he's not doing the wrong thing.  Those who see him as all bad are just as wrong as those who see him as all good.

Or Ted Cruz lost in the primaries (bless his heart), and Ronald Reagan gave us his Amnesty of 1986 without correcting chain migration, the root of our present immigration troubles.

And yet Trump is the problem. But if he does anything good, it doesn't count since he isn't Cruz.

@Sanguine And this nonsense over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2018, 08:29:35 pm »
Trump just said in the Presser that the Im Bill HAS to include the wall...so there it is!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2018, 08:31:44 pm »
@Sanguine And this nonsense over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ....

I know, and others have commented on the "sore winner" aspect of the whole thing.  Their guy is in the Whitehouse, and they have a melt-down if someone says anything not properly positive about him.  Is his image so fragile that he has to be defended at all costs? 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2018, 08:32:43 pm »
It's just that the constant, unending, hashed and rehashed again and beating the dead horse so much he looks like a run over frog conversation about it is soooooo bleep old and tired.

Speaking of that, have I remembered to talk to you today about Roy Moore or gay cakes?

Offline corbe

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2018, 08:32:47 pm »
    I like the Trumpers here, they usually bring an interesting, debatable perspective to this never ending political discussion. There are just a few on each end of the spectrum that some perceive to be 'poisoning the well' and again to those I say, it's not a bug, it's a feature.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2018, 08:33:02 pm »
Trump just said in the Presser that the Im Bill HAS to include the wall...so there it is!

With 12 you get eggroll.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2018, 08:36:23 pm »
Speaking of that, have I remembered to talk to you today about Roy Moore or gay cakes?

Hey Frank?  bleep off, and I mean in that in the nicest way possible.  You may not have noticed, but those were two topics that I've learned to avoid like the plague.  If I have to throw in Trump threads because I'll have to read a million comments to the effect "I know you, but what am I?" I might as well just go find something productive to do.  The unfortunately part for some is that I *know* how much they would enjoy that, so I won't.   ^-^

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2018, 08:38:59 pm »
I know, and others have commented on the "sore winner" aspect of the whole thing.  Their guy is in the Whitehouse, and they have a melt-down if someone says anything not properly positive about him.  Is his image so fragile that he has to be defended at all costs?

Haha, and then there's the other side that has a meltdown over the meltdown.

Now that I think about it, disregard everything I just said while I pull up a chair.   :pop41:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2018, 08:40:04 pm »
If I can't do it with Ted Cruz or Ronald Reagan, it can't be done.

LOL, Yeah, it's been kind of like that....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2018, 08:43:57 pm »
Haha, and then there's the other side that has a meltdown over the meltdown.

Now that I think about it, disregard everything I just said while I pull up a chair.   :pop41:

:2popcorn:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2018, 08:44:37 pm »
I might as well just go find something productive to do.

If that is the case, might I suggest Amway. It's a great way to meet people and make money in your spare time.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2018, 08:45:10 pm »

In 1986 I (Newt Gingrich) voted for the Simpson-Mazzoli immigration bill because we were told it would solve the problem of massive illegal immigration. In his diaries, President Ronald Reagan said he was going to sign the bill because we had to regain control of our borders. The Simpson-Mazzoli bill contained three promises:

1. The government would make a concerted effort to control the borders.

2. An effective employer verification program would ensure that only legal workers were hired.

3. One-time amnesty would be granted for people illegally in the United States.

All three promises were broken. The government has made no serious effort to control our borders. Employers continue knowingly to hire illegal immigrants without any real fear of punishment.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Ronald_Reagan_Immigration.htm
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2018, 08:46:24 pm »

Speaking of "having to go there", ...  :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2018, 08:46:39 pm »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2018, 08:53:00 pm »
If that is the case, might I suggest Amway. It's a great way to meet people and make money in your spare time.

I can tell you’re a good hardworking person, with a good character.  I believe you got what it takes, you could be a good fit for my kind of business, let me take your number and let’s meet again.  My mentor  can speak to you about “being independent and working for yourself” and the “business opportunities when you “building a network.”
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:39 pm »

There's a UFC event at the Amway Center in Orlando.  Could I just go to that instead?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:48 pm »
Actually, you can't be that slow not to recognize my sarcasm ... please note: " :whistle:"  Good grief!

Oops. Missed it, silly me. But it’s good to know neither of us have lost our edge. Me, maybe a little...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2018, 09:49:51 pm »
Quick and dirty, "he won't get the nomination, he won't win the election, he won't get anything done, he will self-destruct in a few months, he's incompetent, he's crazy, he won't cut taxes, he won't gain new respect overseas, he won't appoint conservative judges and justices, he will not curtail illegal immigration, ad infinitum"

Now let me anticipate your reply: "that isn't dead wrong"

For which we can start a discussion about how many angels fit on the head of a pin, after which we can debate the nature of pins and angels, after which we can ask how come Reagan did Amnesty without curtailing chain migration?

Thanks. I didn’t want to have to take the time. But in your pithy way you rattled it off in one paragraph. Yes, exactly. Critics have been squealing like stuck pigs in constant naysaying with every news cycle and Trump has proven them wrong at every stage. Pardon me, that’s President Trump!

Again, thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:52:22 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2018, 09:56:10 pm »
One other thing. Presidents are remembered for what they get done, not for how they get it done.  So far, President Trump has been getting a lot of conservative things done.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2018, 10:09:12 pm »
There's a UFC event at the Amway Center in Orlando.  Could I just go to that instead?

Fight card looks like a yawner.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:09:30 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2018, 10:17:35 pm »
Fight card looks like a yawner.

Then let me talk with you about wonderful Amway products.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2018, 11:36:39 pm »
Then let me talk with you about wonderful Amway products.

This could open up a whole new career for you, Roosgirl!