Author Topic: Schumer: Trump will be blamed for shutdown over wall  (Read 2864 times)

Oceander

Re: Schumer: Trump will be blamed for shutdown over wall
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 07:33:59 pm »
Nope, not drooling at all and I've never considered myself a "Trump" supporter.  The wall should have been built in 2006 after the "Secure Fence Act" was passed by BOTH houses!!  Instead, we've allowed their numbers to increase and increasing the significant amount of money they have cost taxpayers along with increasing the significant amount of crimes that they have committed against U.S. citizens.

:facepalm2:

So you’d feel better if those crimes were committed by those who are illegally because they came here legally but overstayed their visas?   No wall, no matter how much it gets you off, is going to stop those illegals. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 07:36:43 pm »
:facepalm2:

So you’d feel better if those crimes were committed by those who are illegally because they came here legally but overstayed their visas?   No wall, no matter how much it gets you off, is going to stop those illegals.

You obviously missed the point of the wall:  DEPORTATION IS A MUST. BUILDING A WALL IS A MUST.  The Wall prevents them from returning and the newbie illegals from entering.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 07:40:01 pm »
Calm down, LB.   Most illegals come here to work, not pillage and plunder.   Of course, those that do should be punished swiftly and surely.   But the "dreamers" have spent most of their lives in the United States, and effectively know no other home.  Most are as law-abiding as their situations permit them to be,  and must show themselves to be productive and educated in order to qualify for "dreamer" relief.   

I am perfectly willing to normalize the dreamers in exchange for effective immigration reform.   And I am not going to wave the bloody shirt as you do to demonize men and women who in many cases work harder than native born Americans,  even as they endure exploitation and the enmity of folks like you.   
Every illegal alien child smuggled into this country and granted a seat in our public school system steals those resources from legal citizens. Every illegal alien worker who comes to the United States takes away a job opportunity from a lawful American resident. Every illegal alien allowed to squat in the United States takes away land and a home from an American who needs it, and abets the invasion and slow bleed of our resources that our government is constitutionally required to defend against but will not.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:40:48 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 07:49:16 pm »
You obviously missed the point of the wall:  DEPORTATION IS A MUST. BUILDING A WALL IS A MUST.  The Wall prevents them from returning and the newbie illegals from entering.

Bullshit.  Pure, unmitigated bullshit.  Certainly it’ll keep some away, but the ones who are criminals - exactly the ones you say you’re worried about - won’t be deterred; they’re already criminals, so why would they care about a wall?  They’d just dig under it or go around it. Your killers would still be here.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2018, 12:03:44 am »
Certainly it’ll keep some away, but the ones who are criminals - exactly the ones you say you’re worried about - won’t be deterred; they’re already criminals, so why would they care about a wall?
It doesn't matter whether they care about it or not. It's about making it physically impossible to get in without permission.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 12:05:43 am »
It doesn't matter whether they care about it or not. It's about making it physically impossible to get in without permission.

Which is impossible.  Even if you go full tilt Nazi/Stalinist/Stassi, there’s always the water.  Are you going to build a wall along every inch of shore line and the entire Canadian border as well as the Rio Grande?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 12:15:51 am »
Which is impossible.  Even if you go full tilt Nazi/Stalinist/Stassi, there’s always the water.  Are you going to build a wall along every inch of shore line and the entire Canadian border as well as the Rio Grande?
Unless you're Jesus Christ, they're not going to simply run across the water—and if Jesus is going to make his Second Coming that way, we have a lot more problems on our hands than any defense system will ever achieve.

It took Diana Nyad five tries to swim across the strait between Florida and Cuba, and that's only 90 miles. Waterways are a much slower and more easily patrolled form of entry than land. For that, use the Coast Guard.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 12:22:31 am »
I'm talking legal immigration, not the illegal variety.   Not "cut rate foreigners" but skilled folks who'd have to be paid the same wages and benefits as anyone else. 

If employers can't get the qualified workers they need here,  they'll simply outsource to foreign locales.   Sensible legal immigration is a key to sustained domestic economic growth.   

Disney is replacing people from this country with people from other countries using this sham visa program. We have all the qualified people we need. What we don't have are companies willing to pay for them. Under your bullshit plan we will have educated people mopping tables at Denny's so that Fortune 500 companies and save a buck. Sounds great to me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:23:05 am by Frank Cannon »

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 12:28:01 am »
Disney is replacing people from this country with people from other countries using this sham visa program. We have all the qualified people we need. What we don't have are companies willing to pay for them. Under your bullshit plan we will have educated people mopping tables at Denny's so that Fortune 500 companies and save a buck. Sounds great to me.

:bigsilly:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 12:32:35 am »
I think most people would trade shutting down the government for a wall.

I'm still not sure about the logistics of a wall but we'll see what we see.

Wrong visuals.

Most Americans would be in favor of paying Grandmas SS instead of shutting down government  for illegal aliens.

Can't wait until President Trump tells democrats to just send a clean funding bill to his desk so Grandma can get her check.. and the obamaphones can still keep ringing. Amercans first he will say.. illegals ....meh   :shrug:

Just think of the TV commercials if democrats/left shut down government for illegal aliens. Peloser/Scmuck throwing Grandma into the Rio Grande... Illegal stepping on her to claim her SS.

Hmmmn Hmmnn Hmnn.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 12:32:48 am »

Schumer, as usual, gets it backwards.

It should be "Trump will be CREDITED for shutdown over wall."

"The only time a man's life, liberty and property are safe is when the Legislature's not in session."
Mark Twain
You have to keep in mind that what for Schumer is "good", the rest of us see as "evil" and what Chucky sees as "bad" the rest of us see as "good". It is why that which gets a Republican or other COnservative drawn and quartered (politically) is a resume enhancer for a Democrat/Communist/Liberal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 12:45:24 am »
Don't bet your life on it Putzhead.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 12:47:30 am »
Well, you're being bamboozled again.   There will be no 2,000-mile wall.  Even TS admits that the "wall" is merely symbolic.
Be it a wall or whatever, if we can’t or won’t control our borders, we are lost as a country. And the rule of law as it applies to immigration will be totally worthless.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fantom

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 12:50:00 am »
Bullshit.  Pure, unmitigated bullshit.  Certainly it’ll keep some away, but the ones who are criminals - exactly the ones you say you’re worried about - won’t be deterred; they’re already criminals, so why would they care about a wall?  They’d just dig under it or go around it. Your killers would still be here.

They are ALL criminals... every last illegal alien.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 01:00:57 am »
I think his performance today went a long way to block that gambit.   Might have been part of the stratagery.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 01:01:36 am »
They are ALL criminals... every last illegal alien.

Indeed they are.  And they will never stop coming as long as we continue to welcome them with open arms the second they arrive.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 01:02:22 am »
   Maybe Schumer is remembering the last time a Senator shut down the Govt and his party regained control of the Congress.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 01:03:38 am »
I think most people would trade shutting down the government for a wall.

Wait, shut down the government AND build a wall?  That's a WIN-WIN.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 01:04:57 am »
Wait, shut down the government AND build a wall?  That's a WIN-WIN.
:amen:
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 01:06:03 am »
Every illegal alien child smuggled into this country and granted a seat in our public school system steals those resources from legal citizens. Every illegal alien worker who comes to the United States takes away a job opportunity from a lawful American resident. Every illegal alien allowed to squat in the United States takes away land and a home from an American who needs it, and abets the invasion and slow bleed of our resources that our government is constitutionally required to defend against but will not.

:amen:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2018, 01:06:03 am »
   Maybe Schumer is remembering the last time a Senator shut down the Govt and his party regained control of the Congress.

Subtle, with a tantalizing savory flavor.... Kudos!  888high58888

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 01:10:39 am »
Subtle, with a tantalizing savory flavor.... Kudos!  888high58888

Didn't want to mention any names cause the ones here that really dislike that guy are having another bad week and it's only Tuesday.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 01:11:10 am »
Indeed they are.  And they will never stop coming as long as we continue to welcome them with open arms the second they arrive.

I don't know. Maybe welcoming them with "open arms" wouldn't be a bad idea....

Online libertybele

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2018, 01:12:17 am »
   Didn't want to mention any names cause the ones here that really dislike that guy are having another bad week and it's only Tuesday.

888high58888  Bazinga!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2018, 01:15:05 am »
I don't know. Maybe welcoming them with "open arms" wouldn't be a bad idea....

I could go for welcoming them with locked and loaded arms.  Is that a compromise you might be interested in pursuing sir?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien