Author Topic: Dan Haar: Tighter immigration rules hurt Connecticut as jobs go unfilled  (Read 464 times)

rangerrebew

Dan Haar: Tighter immigration rules hurt Connecticut as jobs go unfilled

By Dan Haar Published 12:00 am, Saturday, January 6, 2018

A rally in Bridgeport last year took place days after the massive mobilization in Washington, D.C., calling for local policies that protect immigrants and refugees.

It was not the sort of problem that should tie up a top official at a hotel and restaurant holding company, yet it happened at the start of last summer.

The company — with multiple businesses in New England — wanted to bring back a veteran, seasonal hotel worker from Jamaica in a high-priced resort area.

http://www.newstimes.com/business/danhaar/article/Dan-Haar-Tighter-immigration-rules-hurt-12477114.php

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Dan Haar: Tighter immigration rules hurt Connecticut as jobs go unfilled
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:23:27 pm »
It's not high taxes that make it difficult for lower-skilled people to live in Connecticut?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:24:17 pm »
The company — with multiple businesses in New England — wanted to bring back a veteran, seasonal hotel worker from Jamaica in a high-priced resort area.

Just pay a licensing fee to put Trump on the building and you'll get an H-2B exemption.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:26:50 pm »
Jobs are going unfilled in CT because everyone is leaving. It is a terrible high tax state. It was in the top 5 again of states people are fleeing.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »
Jobs are going unfilled in CT because everyone is leaving. It is a terrible high tax state. It was in the top 5 again of states people are fleeing.

Conn.  Rich liberal bedroom state.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."