Author Topic: California and Illinois must provide students free feminine hygiene products  (Read 432 times)

Offline Suppressed

The Lily News
Jan 8
California and Illinois must provide students free feminine hygiene products
ANALYSIS | Plus, other school policies enacted in 2017
https://thelily.com/california-and-illinois-must-provide-students-free-feminine-hygiene-products-c338f9f998c1

Adapted from a story by The Washington Post’s Valerie Strauss.

More girls will have access to free pads and tampons in 2018, thanks to laws passed in California and Illinois last year.

In California, some public schools must provide feminine hygiene products in at least half the bathrooms on campus — and give them out for free. The law covers schools with any combination of classes from grade 6 to grade 12, with at least 40 percent of the student population coming from low-income families.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Millee

Just girls??  How transphobic.   *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Even the hospital I work for makes the public pay 25 cents for them.