Author Topic: Tapper Cuts Off Bizarre Shouting Match Interview With Trump Adviser: ‘I’ve Wasted Enough of My Viewe  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow. Not even a pretense of journalistic balance. It’s clear from that clip Tapper did not want to hear the administration’s side. Adversarial media is the norm now.

Remember all the time Sunday shows gave to Susan Rice to give Obama and Clinton’s side of Benghazi?

The attempt at a soft coup continues...even as the American people watch. But we’re catching on. We see the media’s contempt for President Trump. They have lost all credibility as reporters of news.

Adversarial media is fine.  I want them to question the administration, like they should have questioned the last one. 

However, what I saw of this interview, as you point out, was Tapper refusing to hear anything from the administration.  Not cool.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You’re severely underestimating that number. I’m with @edpc.   

I stand corrected.  Zeroing in on here ... it's probably 10-12.  Nope ... and you're talking real numbers.

But you remember what this all meant before, don't you?   @Night Hides Not  888blackhat

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:28:45 pm by MOD8 »

Offline Mod1

I stand corrected.  Zeroing in on here ... it's probably 10-12.  Nope ... and you're talking real numbers.

But you remember what this all meant before, don't you?   @Night Hides Not  888blackhat

@Right_in_Virginia, do not call other posters here "liberals". 

Stick to the topic.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:31:46 pm by MOD8 »

Offline Concerned

This interview appears to have something for everybody:  Trump supporters seem to love it, and CNN is promoting it and playing large portions of it during the news.  Must be good for ratings I guess. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author. Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!

8:40 AM - Jan 7, 2018

Yeah - stellar job so far.  All he's managed to do is raise awareness and help sell more books.  Limbaugh made the same mistake with Franken's book years ago.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:22:51 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author. Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!

8:40 AM - Jan 7, 2018

Yeah - stellar job so far.  All he's managed to do is raise awareness and help sell more books.  Limbaugh made the same mistake with Franken's book years ago.
Yes, but I'll bet Limbaugh is laughing pretty hard right now even if it is in private.  I read part of Franken's book, and it was the usual ad hominem, no real meat in the arguments kind of books liberals write.  Like when Limbaugh had said that the feed-the-hungry programs were mostly shams, Franken merely smirked that it was easy for a fatso like Limbaugh to malign the programs. Not really an argument.
I don't know how many copies of the book Franken sold, but if the whole book is as "truthful" as the parts I read, it was one huge lie. Like Michael Moore's books.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:50:20 pm by goatprairie »

Are you saying CNN, MSNBC, et al would have dropped this "news" item had the President remained silent?  Isn't it just as likely that the media would have added an additional week to this "reporting" because not even the President objects to what's written?? @edpc

Actually, @Mod1 I did not call a poster "liberal".  I called the compatriots (in despising all things Donald Trump) liberal.

But, if the "L" word is now off limits, I will comply.   :shrug:

Offline Mod1

Actually, @Mod1 I did not call a poster "liberal".  I called the compatriots (in despising all things Donald Trump) liberal.

But, if the "L" word is now off limits, I will comply.   :shrug:

When implying that posters here are in cahoots with "liberals", yes, it is off limits.

Thank you for understanding.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:39:15 pm by Mod1 »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When implying that posters here are in cahoots with "liberals", yes, it is off limits.

Does equal and consistent moderation apply, when our President's supporters are called or inferred with derogatory names and labels?

Nazi, fecal smears and stains, and various clever attempts that you know all about? Thanks for your understanding.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

So we are to pretend that they are not?  Due to being of Nope , I have no idea what else to call it.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:19:23 pm by MOD8 »

Offline corbe

We are all Adults here and with that being said MOST of us know what words are verboten and that personal attacks on an individuals character is not tolerated by Myst and her Mods.  I am not offended in the least by the 'NeverTrump' label that is often applied to me and I have noticed that the majority of Trump supporters are equally not offended by the 'Trumper' label. 
    It's a small start but indicative of the progress we've made as a group since the primary and as firm believer in the integrity of most Briefers, I expect things to get better as the days pass.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Relax, you're all set .... 

Nice galoshes. 

MOD 1 could use a pair.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:44:23 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Stick to the topic.

When someone supports the liberal agenda what else are we supposed to use?  Supporting abortion, gun control, increased taxes, bigger govt, etc are all liberal agenda.     If we now can't call a liberal a liberal then what is the point?   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline corbe

Quite simply @driftdiver a few Trumpers here throw that Liberal label around rather loosely just because someone doesn't necessarily support all things Trump.  IMHO   
   It doesn't bother me, I just consider the source and laugh a little cause it's usually the same ones saying I'm buthurt and need to get over it, actually I laugh a lot.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

Quite simply @driftdiver a few Trumpers here throw that Liberal label around rather loosely just because someone doesn't necessarily support all things Trump.  IMHO   
   It doesn't bother me, I just consider the source and laugh a little cause it's usually the same ones saying I'm buthurt and need to get over it, actually I laugh a lot.

Some of them are liberal.  Some throw out the trumpet label as a insult as well.

It is odd how so many of the NT threads match the liberal ttalking point of the day.    Don't think it's planned but It is weird.

Offline MOD8

Are we really going down the road of complaining that personal insults are not allowed?  I suggest everyone take a breath and think about if that's a bridge to no where.

Offline edpc

Are you saying CNN, MSNBC, et al would have dropped this "news" item had the President remained silent?  Isn't it just as likely that the media would have added an additional week to this "reporting" because not even the President objects to what's written?? @edpc

I'm saying a tell all book being released with a 'no comment' from the WH generates a lot less coverage and interest than one with a 'cease and desist' letter preceding its release.

Offline Frank Cannon

Are we really going down the road of complaining that personal insults are not allowed?  I suggest everyone take a breath and think about if that's a bridge to no where.

Now you've done it. Bringing up Sarah Palin while you are trying to calm the thread down. Good grief....

Offline Night Hides Not

When someone supports the liberal agenda what else are we supposed to use?  Supporting abortion, gun control, increased taxes, bigger govt, etc are all liberal agenda.     If we now can't call a liberal a liberal then what is the point?   

The most notorious NT’s on TBR DO NOT support the liberal agenda as you describe it. Considering that Planned Parenhood continues to be funded, one could surmise that Trump’s silence indicates support of pieces of the liberal agenda.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

The most notorious NT’s on TBR DO NOT support the liberal agenda as you describe it. Considering that Planned Parenhood continues to be funded, one could surmise that Trump’s silence indicates support of pieces of the liberal agenda.

They harp on the same agenda points at the same time as the liberals.   Some anyway.

Yes planned parenthood still gets some federal funding.   It's reduced and other actions have been taken against them.   They continue to decline

The president isn't king.   He can't snap his fingers and make it so.

Yes planned parenthood still gets some federal funding.   It's reduced and other actions have been taken against them.   They continue to decline 

For more information on this ... google:  planned parenthood closes offices

Offline RoosGirl

I finally got a chance to watch the whole video.  Wow, that Stephen Miller *yawn* is a real powerhouse *yawn* of energy *yawn*.  He talks like he's reading from notes he wrote on his hand.  And the way he says dynasty...  "din a stee"...   *****rollingeyes*****.  Anywho....

LOL  I'm guessing Stephen will not be invited back on CNN for a very long time.  I think he was a little more of a PITA than was necessary to make his point.  If he hadn't been he may have been given a little more time to tell his truth.

Offline driftdiver

For more information on this ... google:  planned parenthood closes offices

Its good that there are controls on the President.   Otherwise think of the damage Obama or ANYONE one person could accomplish.

Offline edpc

I finally got a chance to watch the whole video.  Wow, that Stephen Miller *yawn* is a real powerhouse *yawn* of energy *yawn*.  He talks like he's reading from notes he wrote on his hand.  And the way he says dynasty...  "din a stee"...   *****rollingeyes*****.  Anywho....

Saying din-a-stee fits right in with a boss that says ‘yuge’ and ‘bigly.’  Miller managed to answer the unasked question - what if Mike Ehrmantraut was a young, Trump supporting junkie?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:26:57 pm by edpc »