Author Topic: Thank you President Trump for identifying Pakistan as liars about terrorism  (Read 395 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt and I assume this writer is American:

Thank you President Trump for identifying Pakistan as liars about terrorism

Professional diplomats and some traditional foreign policy writers are having a difficult time getting adjusted to his tweets. However, his salty language, like Harry Truman’s, seems to be understood by all parties involved, including the ‘Rocket Man’ of North Korea who appears now to be willing to come to the bargaining table.
opinion Updated: Jan 06, 2018 07:37 IST

Larry Pressler

In Neighbours in Arms, I advocated that Pakistan be considered a terrorist State. In President Trump’s review of Asian policy, the State Department distributed a dozen of my books throughout the various federal agencies. Indeed, on page 223, in my observations and prescriptions of the future, I wrote:

“Pakistan should be treated like North Korea — like a rogue state. The only reason Pakistan is not a totally failed state is that countries like China and the United States continue to prop it up with massive amounts of foreign aid. Unless Pakistan changes its ways with respect to terrorism, it should be declared a terrorist state. Several leading foreign policy experts besides me have urged as much. Indeed, the first Bush administration seriously considered doing so in 1992. Pakistan’s leaders have essentially blackmailed us into providing aid for the war on terror with threats to cease assistance in rooting out terrorists in Afghanistan. Meanwhile, we know full well that Pakistan harbours terrorists, and many military leaders believe terrorists have infiltrated Pakistan’s ranks.”

More: http://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/thank-you-president-trump-for-identifying-pakistan-as-liars-about-terrorism/story-XXeYlBxP21nKhH9ZbSrGBJ.html