Author Topic: President Trump and Republicans at Camp David: Speeches and Press Conference  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump and Republicans at Camp David:  Speeches and Press Conference
WH.Gov/Right Side Broadcasting, Jan 6, 2018, YouTube

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6K4pubuf3g

Very interesting press conference --- even with the media snark.   ^-^

Keep it together, guys ... 2018 is for keeps. 

Please, listen to the press conference for yourselves before debating what someone has reported on it.   :0001:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Please, listen to the press conference for yourselves before debating what someone has reported on it.   :0001:

You have to be kidding me!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Let me predict no wide interest here, for such important substance.

"From a right-of-center point of view, 2017 was the most consequential since I've been here."
Sen. Majority Leader McConnell.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 

Leaving Camp David for the White House. Great meetings with the Cabinet and Military on many very important subjects including Border Security & the desperately needed Wall, the ever increasing Drug and Opioid Problem, Infrastructure, Military, Budget, Trade and DACA.

6:33 AM - 7 Jan 2018

Keep talking, guys.  You're on the same team ...

Offline truth_seeker

I noticed Rep. Steve Scalise was still on crutches.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Very interesting press conference --- even with the media snark.   ^-^

Thanks for the post ... President Trump has come a long way in the way he delivers his message.  IMHO rather than coming across arrogant, he's coming across confident and displaying good leadership qualities.  I fast forwarded through Mitch, I have yet to trust anything he says.  2017 was definitely a good year, and this year concerns me with the up coming mid terms as we have a lot of seats up for grabs and we have several GOP retiring and their seats will be up as well.  I'm really hoping that some true conservatives are seated and above all, I really hope we retain our majority which is crucial of course to Trump continuing to succeed.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I noticed Rep. Steve Scalise was still on crutches.

Perhaps he sustained permanent injuries?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

Perhaps he sustained permanent injuries?
He came close to death in the beginning from massive blood loss. Then multiple surgeries for bone fractures to the pelvis and femur plus the intestines.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Okay, sweetie.  I watched the whole darn thing.  I enjoyed it.  Trump did extremely well, almost no missteps and he was funny and collegial.  Pence has that adoring look down really well, but he is the Veep.

He was very positive about stopping illegal immigration which would delight @Chosen Daughter if she chooses to believe him.

He was also positive about America's role in the world and keeping America's image as, shall we say, Top Dog.  I like that also. 

Even McConnell was able to bring himself to be positive about Trump's year.

Well done.

Offline corbe

***suicide***   

(I had typed out a long diatribe about how I am entitled to Free Speech, even on this Thread, but decided my emoji was enough to get me in trouble)   
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:17:08 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
    :3:

(I had typed out a long diatribe about how I am entitled to Free Speech, even on this Thread, but decided my emoji was enough to get me in trouble)

I hate emoji's  Why can't people just talk to each other.  I don't know what your dadgum emoji is supposed to mean.  Is it anything like Jumanji?  A bad movie they decided to remake for some reason.

Look, I know you didn't do the work like I did.  I watched every single minute ... even The Turtle.  It was really pretty good so why don't you watch it and then come back with a different emoji?

Offline corbe

You got me there @Emjay I changed the emoji cause I'd rather shoot myself than watch some boring White House propaganda.

*I rarely use emojis but the lavish Trump Love was making me nauseous and it seemed rather convenient. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   You got me there @Emjay I changed the emoji cause I'd rather shoot myself than watch some boring White House propaganda.

*I rarely use emojis but the lavish Trump Love was making me nauseous and it seemed rather convenient.

I watched it because RIV asked us to watch before criticizing and that seemed reasonable.  It's really hard for me to sit through that kind of thing also, but it moved fast, nobody talked too long and Trump only had a couple of Trump moments.  He was very good most of the time.

You should open your mind and heart to the Trumpster.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

There was no lavish Trump Love on the thread.  There was some moderate praise.

Offline corbe

Thanks for posting this @Right_in_Virginia.  We need all sides here and I should know better than to thrash around in your Threads.  It was one of my New Year Resolutions to stop or highly curtail this adventurous activity, I always get in trouble.  I made it for a week, right?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Thanks for posting this @Right_in_Virginia.  We need all sides here and I should know better than to thrash around in your Threads.  It was one of my New Year Resolutions to stop or highly curtail this adventurous activity, I always get in trouble.  I made it for a week, right?

Very gracious, @corbe.  Now try to be nice for one more day.

Okay, sweetie.  I watched the whole darn thing.  I enjoyed it.  Trump did extremely well, almost no missteps and he was funny and collegial.  Pence has that adoring look down really well, but he is the Veep.

He was very positive about stopping illegal immigration which would delight @Chosen Daughter if she chooses to believe him.

He was also positive about America's role in the world and keeping America's image as, shall we say, Top Dog.  I like that also. 

Even McConnell was able to bring himself to be positive about Trump's year. Well done.

I'm glad you got a chance to watch the video @Emjay   

What I especially liked about their weekend at Camp David is that it was very collegial.  They arrived Friday, held a couple of meetings, had a nice dinner together.  Saturday was filled with more meetings and the press conference followed by more food and a movie.  (I'm guessing adult beverages were available for those so inclined.  ^-^ )  When they left I'm sure they all felt very positive about their agenda and accomplishing it in the new year by working together.

Team building 101.   :thumbsup:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Team building 101.

After 2 years of fighting against McConnell, Ryan, and the establishment, Trump jumps fully into the swamp instead of draining it by saying he'll back incumbents in 2018.

Capitulation 101.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
After 2 years of fighting against McConnell, Ryan, and the establishment, Trump jumps fully into the swamp instead of draining it by saying he'll back incumbents in 2018.

Capitulation 101.

Yes.  2018 is a huge concern...I'm hoping with some retiring that we get a chance to seat some conservatives. I fully agree with you, his comments to back incumbents is especially concerning, though he did clarify that he would back "anybody else that has my kind of thinking."

IMHO we lost the seat in AL not because Trump didn't back the incumbent, but because of DEM dirty politics (Trump himself has used the same tactics). Trump is making his second biggest mistake (outside of appointing Sessions); caving to McConnell and Ryan; weakening to the swamp people will cost him and us BIGLY.  If that's what Trump has accomplished after the big Pow Wow at Camp David is agreeing to back incumbents instead of strengthening GOP conservatism, then we've already lost.  Sounds to me like Trump just may realize that he could very well be facing impeachment proceedings if we lose our majority and he's made some deals. With that being said .... he should be all set to back Cruz then, right?  Ya...that will be a cold day in hell.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:16:50 pm by libertybele »

Capitulation 101.

Pfft @edpc   No it is not.

The President is employing classic business techniques to bring the GOP leadership together and learn to function as a team --- not only learn to, but want to.  Team building 101.

Besides, you have it exactly backwards.  The President wasn't fighting against Ryan and McConnell, they were fighting against him---and each other.  Now, thanks to his experience and leadership, we can hope those days are behind them.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:43:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »