Author Topic: DC bookstore sold out of ‘Fire and Fury’ 20 minutes after midnight release  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Suppressed

DC bookstore sold out of ‘Fire and Fury’ 20 minutes after midnight release
BY MAX GREENWOOD - 01/05/18 07:38 AM EST
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/367558-dc-bookstore-sold-out-of-fire-and-fury-20-minutes-after

A Washington, D.C., bookstore reportedly sold out of copies of Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" minutes after its release.

Kramerbooks ran out of the book, which chronicles President Trump's first year in office, within 20 minutes of its midnight release, according to BuzzFeed News's Chris Geidner.

Photos and video of the DuPont Circle bookstore posted online in the early hours of Friday showed a packed house as dozens of eager readers stood in line to get a copy of the bombshell book.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It's number one on Amazon
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Concerned

Sold out in Philly too.  From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

"Want a copy of the juicy, tell-all book about the Trump White House? Get in line.

Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, the explosive new book by journalist Michael Wolff that has the White House and Washington in a tizzy, was shipped to bookstores nationwide four days early after excerpts captured headlines this week. And copies of the book are flying off shelves in the Philadelphia area.

The Rittenhouse Square branch of Barnes & Noble, at 1805 Walnut St., sold out by 10 a.m. Friday, just an hour after doors opened, according to a book seller. The clerk, who wished to remain anonymous because he was not authorized to speak about orders, wouldn’t say how many copies sold. But the employee did say the store is expecting to get more copies next week, when publication was originally scheduled.

<snip>

No local bookstores contacted Friday morning had any hardcover copies of Fire and Fury available............"

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/fire-fury-philadelphia-books-sold-out-20180105.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Amazon seems to be backordered. I got a pop up it ships within two weeks.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yeah those 10 copies they had sold out quick
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sounds like a lot of liberals will be busy reading and off the streets.  Win-win!!   :laugh:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:10:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

I guess people like gossip.  I'm betting the best parts have already been released.

Offline aligncare

Sold out in DC? Okay, but how will it sell Peoria?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I downloaded the first little bit for free to read on my kindle. I'm debating it's got a long list at the library but I'm bored because I'm snowed in.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:58:48 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

So its a "pop-up book". No wonder the libs are scarfing it up.   Pictures with words.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So its a "pop-up book". No wonder the libs are scarfing it up.   Pictures with words.

It's selling to people who already despise Trump.  I think they are wasting their money.  As someone suggested here, the juciest parts have already been leaked and the rest is probably boring poor writing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline goodwithagun

I just spent ten minutes screaming over the phone at my DirecTV rep because we don’t get the gorilla channel. I’m pissed, I tell ya! :silly: 22222frying pan :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

It's only available to twitter and Apple people.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ConservativeGranny

I ordered an electronic copy from Amazon. I doubt there is anything in the book that I don't already know about Trump. It's kind of obvious but I purchased it to make a point. Trump tried to silence this author and shut this book down. That made it all the more interesting to me. This must be another one of Trump's genius moves that I just don't get.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I ordered an electronic copy from Amazon. I doubt there is anything in the book that I don't already know about Trump. It's kind of obvious but I purchased it to make a point. Trump tried to silence this author and shut this book down. That made it all the more interesting to me. This must be another one of Trump's genius moves that I just don't get.

That's why I ordered a copy. I have a thing about the government trying to ban any book. I have a bit of a collection of them.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I see the old saying is true Granny...  A fool and their money are soon parted.

Offline goodwithagun

It's only available to twitter and Apple people.

I can’t decide which hashtag is the funniest: #askjameis or #gorillachannelshows
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's why I ordered a copy. I have a thing about the government trying to ban any book. I have a bit of a collection of them.

Yeah, right.  But we all know why you ordered the book and can't wait to be curled up with it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Yeah, right.  But we all know why you ordered the book and can't wait to be curled up with it.

Really?  How about if you tell the rest of us who can't read minds like you apparently can?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Gotta book mark this for the next time yo start complaining about how mean people talk to you for no reason.

Silver Pines

@Emjay

So? 

As a Cruz supporter, or so you say, you should understand Trump is getting a taste of his own medicine.

I’ll let you know the highlights when I get my copy.

Silver Pines

I see the old saying is true Granny...  A fool and their money are soon parted.

Another loyal Trump devotee. 

Online Wingnut

Another loyal Trump devotee.

Said by a true Harpie.