Author Topic: Grassley Says Comey Appears To Have Leaked Classified Memo To Friend  (Read 389 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley Says Comey Appears To Have Leaked Classified Memo To Friend

Chuck Ross
Reporter
10:17 PM 01/03/2018

James Comey may have leaked at least one classified memo to a friend shortly after he was fired as FBI director.

That’s an assessment from Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley, who wrote a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Wednesday demanding answers about the handling of memos that Comey wrote following his conversations with President Trump.

Grassley noted that he and his staff recently reviewed seven memos that Comey wrote after his meetings with Trump. Four of those documents contained information classified as “CONFIDENTIAL” or “SECRET.”

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/03/grassley-says-comey-appears-to-have-leaked-classified-memo-to-friend/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Grassley Says Comey Appears To Have Leaked Classified Memo To Friend
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »
“If it’s true that Professor Richman had four of the seven memos, then in light of the fact that four of the seven memos the Committee reviewed are classified, it would appear that at least one memo the former FBI director gave Professor Richman contained classified information,” Grassley writes.

I was hoping they'd circle back to this ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:01:28 pm »
Jan 3, 2018 Letter from Senator Grassley to Rosenstein

Re:  Classification of Comey Memos

Dear Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein:

This Committee has previously written to the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation about the memoranda that former Director Comey created purportedly memorializing his interactions with President Trump.1 My staff has since reviewed these memoranda in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) at the FBI, and I reviewed them in a SCIF at the Office of Senate Security. The FBI insisted that these reviews take place in a SCIF because the majority of the memos are classified. Of the seven memos, four are marked classified at the “SECRET” or “CONFIDENTIAL” levels. Only three did not contain classified information. FBI personnel refused to answer factual questions during the document reviews, including questions about the chain of custody of the documents I was reviewing, the date that they were marked classified, and who marked them as classified.

According to press reports, Professor Daniel Richman of Columbia Law School stated that Mr. Comey provided him four of the seven memoranda and encouraged him to “detail [Comey’s] memos to the press.” If it’s true that Professor Richman had four of the seven memos, then in light of the fact that four of the seven memos the Committee reviewed are classified, it would appear that at least one memo the former FBI director gave Professor Richman contained classified information. Professor Richman later read a portion of one of the memos to a New York Times reporter.

When the Committee contacted Professor Richman seeking copies of the memos Mr. Comey had provided him, he refused to provide them, did not say how many he had received from Mr. Comey, and refused to say whether he retained copies.

More: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-03%20CEG%20to%20DOJ%20(Classification%20of%20Comey%20Memos).pdf

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:05:40 pm »
Thanks Senator for popping Comey's little balloon of self-righteousness.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:10:06 pm »
Classified information regulations only apply to the FBI when they are trying to hide evidence of their or of Clinton illegal actions.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.