Author Topic: Study finds significant increase in perfectionism among young people since the 1980s  (Read 458 times)

rangerrebew

Study finds significant increase in perfectionism among young people since the 1980s

January 4, 2018

A new study published by the American Psychological Association in the journal Psychological Bulletin suggests that in comparison with prior generations, the urge among today's college students to be perfect in mind, body, and career has remarkably increased, and this may take a toll on the mental health of young people.

According to lead author Dr. Thomas Curran, from the University of Bath, this is the first study that examines group generational differences in perfectionism.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180104/Study-finds-significant-increase-in-perfectionism-among-young-people-since-the-1980s.aspx

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I never wish to throw the millennial out with the Bath water but if this is true it is a direct result of Participation Trophy, everyone is a winner, and emphasis on the child's self esteem rather than preparing them for the real world.  A real dog eat dog world and they are wearing Milk Bone thongs.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."