Author Topic: Tim Hortons heirs cut paid breaks and worker benefits after minimum wage hike, employees say  (Read 643 times)

Offline Suppressed

Tim Hortons heirs cut paid breaks and worker benefits after minimum wage hike, employees say
'I wasn't marching down the street asking for this pay raise. Now I'm worse off'

Aaron Saltzman · Senior Reporter, Consumer Affairs aaron.saltzman@cbc.ca · CBC News
8 Hours Ago

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/tim-horton-s-tims-timmies-doubledouble-minimum-wage-ontario-kathleen-wynne-labour-1.4470215

Employees at an Ontario Tim Hortons owned by the children of the chain's founders say they have been told to sign a document acknowledging they are losing paid breaks, paid benefits, and other incentives as a result of the province's minimum wage hike.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn