Author Topic: Saudi Arabia pressures Canada over calls to end Yemen war  (Read 464 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Saudi Arabia pressures Canada over calls to end Yemen war
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:07:47 pm »
Saudi Arabia pressures Canada over calls to end Yemen war
January 2, 2018 at 2:13 am |

Saudi Arabia is reported to have imposed a great deal of pressure on the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh over Canada’s campaign to end the war in Yemen, a source close to the embassy has revealed. The pressure, it is said, includes unspecified “threats”.

According to Al-Khaleej Online, the informed source said that Canada is currently leading an international campaign to force Saudi Arabia to stop its war on Yemen which has killed thousands of civilians and caused famine in the country. Nearly 20 million people are starving and one million people have succumbed in a massive cholera epidemic.

Continued: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180102-saudi-arabia-pressures-canada-over-calls-to-end-yemen-war/

Watch out! Canada is entering the fray!

No, I'm just kidding and Canada has sent forces in the past to Afghanistan and has sold weaponry, assisted in other ways in these military actions.

The article states the cholera epidemic has killed 1 million people, I believe on its face, that is a falsehood. That's an incredible number. Of course, we don't care to see anyone effected by this but the number probably isn't more than 20,000. This reads like real propaganda. I thought Middle East Monitor wasn't that bad of a source.

Maybe if it is righteous, Canada can apply pressure, I know they and the UK actually sell a lot of weapons in the ME.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Saudi Arabia pressures Canada over calls to end Yemen war
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:41:18 pm »
TomSea wrote:
"No, I'm just kidding and Canada has sent forces in the past to Afghanistan..."

Canada has [presumably armed] "forces"?
How many dozen of them do they have?