Author Topic: Elon Musk Calls Transit Expert 'An Idiot' and Says Public Transport 'Sucks'  (Read 512 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Tesla CEO Elon Musk went decidedly low-brow in an exchange with transportation experts on Friday, following reports of comments in which Musk called public transport a “pain in the ass” and suggested the subway was a great place to bump into a murderer.

The fracas began when Wired on Thursday published comments made by Musk at an artificial intelligence conference earlier this month. Musk said that “public transport is painful. It sucks. Why do you want to get on something with a lot of other people, that doesn’t leave where you want it to leave, doesn’t start where you want it to start, doesn’t end where you want it to end?”

Musk further said that using public transit meant rubbing shoulders with “like a bunch of random strangers, one of who might be a serial killer. . . that’s why people like individualized transport, that goes where you want, when you want.”
http://fortune.com/2017/12/16/elon-musk-public-transport/
So the world's greatest alternative energy entrepreneur is against Jerry Brown's hi speed trains and building more subways.

Who knew?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

Musk's brief digression is the best thing he's recently said.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Of course he is correct.

Going from Lost Angeles to San Francisco by train requires several changes, with a couple of them being buses.

That is Amtrak, our nations federal system. Brown's fast train is under construction, from nowhere to nowhere.

The lightshow of the rocket launch last week, we Musk's private enterprise company, BTW.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Wow.  Saint Elon had a moment of clarity. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."