Author Topic: Obituaries for 2018  (Read 160103 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2018
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2018, 11:41:48 pm »
Bless his heart.  The one guy who grew up in Michigan in the 50's and 60's who wasn't a car guy.  I bet he loved figure skating.

Ahem!  It took a Southern Michigan car guy to spot there wasn't such thing as a '72 Rambler.  All American cars went to shit in about '77, and the people building them knew full well.  Japan didn't stroll along and eat our lunch in the 70's car market, we blew it, and did it on purpose.

Don't talk to me about figure skating.  It's just gymnastics to me. You tit-turd.   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2018, 12:59:34 am »
Come on Ramblers. Lets Ramble!  :beer:

Ramblers?

For me a bad flash back where I almost flipped my grandmother's '67 Rambler on a curve while learning to drive.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2018, 01:17:11 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2018, 01:18:49 am »
Ramblers?

For me a bad flash back where I almost flipped my grandmother's '67 Rambler on a curve while learning to drive.
Bummer! I flash back to the 66' Rambler Classic station wagon I had where the two bench seat backs both reclined to make one big bed, lot's of fun a the drive in.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2018, 03:18:24 am »
Pixar animator Bud Luckey has died, aged 83
Nick Reilly Feb 26, 2018 8:45 am
http://www.nme.com/news/film/pixar-animator-bud-luckey-died-aged-83-2249032

RIP.

Pixar animator Bud Luckey, the man widely credited with bringing Toy Story’s Woody the Cowboy to life, has died at the age of 83.

In a statement offered to the Hollywood Reporter, Luckey’s family confirmed that he died at a hospice facility on Saturday after a lengthy illness.

During his time at Pixar, Luckey drafted over 200 possible designs before settling on the final look of Woody The Cowboy ahead of Toy Story’s eventual release in 1995.

He also wrote, directed, narrated, voiced, sung and composed the five-minute film Boundin’,  a 2004 Oscar winning short that played in cinemas before The Incredibles. It told the story of a dancing sheep that suffers crippling shyness after he is sheared.

[...]

Here's Boundin':
! No longer available
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2018, 02:27:40 am »
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby's daughter Ensa is buried next to her murdered brother in 'Ennis Garden' at the comic's Massachusetts compound as tarps are hung to hide the mourning family
•Bill Cosby's daughter Ensa was buried at the comedian's family compound outside Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts on Wednesday
•Ensa, 44, died of renal failure on Friday, leaving behind a husband and daughter
•She was buried next to her older brother Ennis who was murdered in a botched robbery in 1997 in Los Angeles
•Only family members were at the outdoor service and Martin McLean, Ensa's husband of four years, left immediately afterwards
•Cosby, 80, Camille, his wife of 54 years, and their remaining children, Erika, 52, Erinn, 51, and Evin, 41, all remained out of sight, on the compound
•How Cosbys children's deaths have been received has been drastically different in light of the multiple sexual assault accusations against Cosby
•President Bill Clinton and vice-president Al Gore both called Cosby to personally offer their condolences and truckloads of flowers arrived to Cosby's house
•But on the day of Ensa's funeral, a single bouquet of flowers was delivered and many in her hometown didn't know she died until days later
By MARTIN GOULD IN SHELBURNE FALLS, MASSACHUSETTS, FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 18:16 EST, 28 February 2018 | UPDATED: 09:15 EST, 1 March 2018
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5446875/Bill-Cosbys-daughter-buried-murdered-brother.html

+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2018, 03:26:14 am »
Bill Burkette of The Vogues vocal group from Turtle Creek dies

Bill Burkette, the original lead singer of Turtle Creek-based vocal group The Vogues, died Thursday, his wife said.

Burkette grew up in Turtle Creek and lived most of his adult life in Murrsyville. He was 75 and had lymphoma, according to his wife of 54 years, Elaine.

The Vogues, who emerged from Turtle Creek High School, were known for the hit songs "Five O'Clock World," "You're the One" and "Turn Around, Look at Me."

"You're the One" reached No. 4 on Billboard's Top 100.

Excerpted.  More at:

http://triblive.com/aande/music/13368970-74/bill-burkette-of-the-vogues-vocal-group-from-turtle-creek-dies

! No longer available

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2018, 07:04:59 am »
The two extremes of the Vogues . . .

The Vogues, "Five O'Clock World"

! No longer available

The Vogues, "My Special Angel"

! No longer available

RIP, Mr. Burkette
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:05:27 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2018, 01:30:28 pm »
A Picksburgh treasure!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2018, 10:41:41 pm »
Top Spanish conductor Jesus Lopez Cobos dies

Top Spanish conductor Jesus Lopez Cobos, who wielded the baton at a clutch of top ensembles including the Spanish National Orchestra and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO), has died of cancer aged 78, his entourage said Friday in Madrid.

More

Wikipedia

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2018, 02:57:25 am »
Actor David Ogden Stiers dies at 75

Stiers, upper left, with Gary Burghoff lower right

While his best-known on-screen role was that of Charles Emerson Winchester III, a haughty Boston surgeon, in the later seasons of the sitcom M*A*S*H, Stiers had a number of other roles to his credit. His voice work for Disney was particularly prolific, voicing supporting characters in Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. A frequent character actor with a distinctive upper-class accent, he made numerous appearances in television and film throughout the 1980s and 1990s.

Stiers, who came out of the closet in 2009, died of bladder cancer.

Obituary from Variety

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:08:24 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2018, 03:02:25 am »
Awwww!!  I liked Stiers.  He had a guest role on "Frasier" where the "boys" thought he might have been their real father.  Turned out he was gay. 

Rest in peace. Mr. Stiers.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2018, 04:00:29 am »
His painting by Col Potter on M*A*S*H was the best....

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:01:27 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2018, 08:01:37 am »
My personal favourite Winchester moment:

M*A*S*H, from "Morale Victory"

! No longer available

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2018, 12:37:21 pm »
Sir Roger Bannister: First person to run a mile in under four minutes dies at 88
March 4, 2018

Sir Roger Bannister, the first person to run a mile in under four minutes, has died at the age of 88.

His time of three minutes 59.4 seconds, set at Iffley Road sports ground in Oxford on 6 May 1954, stood as a record for just 46 days but his place in athletics history was assured.

Bannister also won gold over the same distance at the 1954 Commonwealth Games and later became a leading neurologist.

He was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2011.

A statement from his family said: "Sir Roger Bannister, died peacefully in Oxford on 3 March, aged 88, surrounded by his family who were as loved by him, as he was loved by them.

"He banked his treasure in the hearts of his friends."  ...  More at BBC

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:38:12 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2018, 01:04:38 pm »
His painting by Col Potter on M*A*S*H was the best....

To be honest, he was good in MASH, however it wasn't as good when the show first started.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2018, 04:53:58 pm »

To be honest, he was good in MASH, however it wasn't as good when the show first started.

Alda's directing ruined the show.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2018, 05:17:12 pm »

Yep the latter years got infiltrated with a left wing almost Norman Learish quality.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2018, 05:55:08 pm »

It's no surprise the show wound down when it did.  They made their disdain for the military known on almost every episode in a time when Reagan was reinvigorating national pride.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2018, 05:56:55 pm »

It's no surprise the show wound down when it did.  They made their disdain for the military known on almost every episode in a time when Reagan was reinvigorating national pride.

It got worse at the end. Especially when Reagan was President.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2018, 06:59:12 pm »
I doubt Alda is a card carrying member of the CP of The USA but you can bet he believes in many of the tenants the party holds dear, like wealth distribution, free chit for the lazy, etc and swills wine in circles that are filled with party members.  But this is about Winchester.  RIP ferret faces replacement.  You did well in the roll.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:00:26 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2018, 07:20:30 pm »
I doubt Alda is a card carrying member of the CP of The USA but you can bet he believes in many of the tenants the party holds dear, like wealth distribution, free chit for the lazy, etc and swills wine in circles that are filled with party members.  But this is about Winchester.  RIP ferret faces replacement.  You did well in the roll.

He did indeed.  He will be missed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2018, 07:31:02 pm »

He was an excellent replacement for ferret face.  RIP Winchester.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2018, 04:16:23 pm »
Red dirt musician Brandon Jenkins dies following heart operation

Tulsa native Brandon Jenkins, one of the standout singer-songwriters on the red dirt music scene, died today (March 2) after complications from a heart operation. He was 48.

As previously reported, Jenkins took to Twitter last month to let fans know he would be undergoing surgery to replace his aorta and aortic valve after he was hospitalized with heart issues. He experienced complications during the Feb. 21 surgery and never recovered.

Along with Cody Canada, Jason Boland, Mike McClure and Stoney LaRue, Jenkins followed in the footsteps of red dirt pioneers like Bob Childers, Tom Skinner and the Red Dirt Rangers when he got to OSU and help popularize the musical mix of country, folk and rock in Stillwater and beyond.

After living for many years in Austin, Texas, Jenkins moved two years ago to Nashville to tap into the songwriter community in Music City.

excerpted, more at the link: http://newsok.com/red-dirt-musician-brandon-jenkins-dies-following-heart-operation/article/5585527
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2018, 03:46:02 am »
Founder of Tower Records dies at 92 while drinking whiskey and watching the Oscars

Talk about the perfect coda: Tower Records founder Russ Solomon died with a drink in his hand and a smart-aleck remark on his lips.

The swashbuckling, visionary entrepreneur who built a global retailing empire and the most famous company in Sacramento history died Sunday night of an apparent heart attack. He was 92.

Solomon was watching the Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night at his Sacramento-area home when he was stricken, said his son, Michael Solomon, the former chief executive of Tower.

"Ironically, he was giving his opinion of what someone was wearing that he thought was ugly, then asked (his wife) Patti to refill his whiskey," Solomon said. When she returned, he had died.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article203542104.html#emlnl=Breaking_Newsletter
I will NOT comply.