Author Topic: Trump: 'I Have The Absolute Right To Do What I Want With The DOJ.' He's Correct, But The Democrats A  (Read 618 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ByBen Shapiro
@benshapiro
December 29, 2017

In a much-ballyhooed spontaneous interview with The New York Times, President Trump stated on Thursday that he had complete authority over the Department of Justice – a constitutional fact. This led the media to lose its collective mind, however.

Trump stated, “I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department,” adding, “But for purposes of hopefully thinking I’m going to be treated fairly, I’ve stayed uninvolved with this particular matter.” Trump said that Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School agreed with his legal analysis.

Now, Trump is right. The executive branch is unitary – meaning that if you work for the executive branch, you work for the president. To suggest that the DOJ is immune to the president is akin to saying that the Environmental Protection Agency is immune to the president – and ever since the expiration of the Office of the Independent Counsel in 1999, there’s been no Congressional challenge to that basic idea.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25217/trump-i-have-absolute-right-do-what-i-want-doj-hes-ben-shapiro
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConservativeGranny

And the POTUS is answerable to his employees, the citizens of the United States.

Offline libertybele

And the POTUS is answerable to his employees, the citizens of the United States.

Yes he is, however, IF ever there were a time to clean house and finally drain the swamp it's now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He not only has the absolute right to do so, he has the absolute responsibility as the Constitution gives 100% of the power of the Executive branch in a single person.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He not only has the absolute right to do so, he has the absolute responsibility as the Constitution gives 100% of the power of the Executive branch in a single person.

Most of our citizens know nothing about the Constitution...much like our President...to them it is 100% irrelevant.  President Clinton knew if the citizens want a gun ban they are going to get it, regardless of the constitutionality. President Bush knew if the citizens want subsidized prescription drugs they are going to get it, regardless of the constitutionality.  If the citizens want free healthcare they are going to get it.  If they want a huge public works boondoggle that scapegoats Mexicans...then they deserve to get it good and hard. 

So can we all stop pretending the Constitution is more than toilet paper or political leverage to the party in charge?  It embarrassing after 8 years of Obama and whatever time we have left with Obama's orange but just as incompetent mirror President Trump. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Most of our citizens know nothing about the Constitution...much like our President...to them it is 100% irrelevant.  President Clinton knew if the citizens want a gun ban they are going to get it, regardless of the constitutionality. President Bush knew if the citizens want subsidized prescription drugs they are going to get it, regardless of the constitutionality.  If the citizens want free healthcare they are going to get it.  If they want a huge public works boondoggle that scapegoats Mexicans...then they deserve to get it good and hard. 

So can we all stop pretending the Constitution is more than toilet paper or political leverage to the party in charge?  It embarrassing after 8 years of Obama and whatever time we have left with Obama's orange but just as incompetent mirror President Trump.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Trump's swamp draining looks a lot like Nancy Pelosi's swamp draining because Americans are mostly immoral greedy lying trash who want only to punish the other side.

I've long advocated taking the appointment of the attorney general out of the hands of the president because they're unconstitutionally being treated as the president's personal defense attorney/prosecutor. Maybe the state legislatures should pick the US AG or something. (The same goes for the US Supreme and federal court judges)

The stupidity of "conservatives" was on display the other day when Neal Boortz posted a twitter poll asking which was most damaging, the 16th or 17th amendment. More than 80% said that the income tax had done more damage than popularly elected senators.

Those 80% are a bunch of morons. Its true the income tax is unconstitutional and bad but the income tax has no conscience or animosity. It can't be bribed or bought. The popular election of senators is an unconstitutional and anti federalist act that stripped the states of their constitutionally guaranteed right to representation. Its why a state like mine is a GOP supermajority state with a majority GOP contingent of representatives in DC but still have Stabenow and Peters as senators. They represent Detroit, Flint, Ann Arbor, and Kalamazoo and say screw the rest of us. Prior to the 17th amendment, senators who failed to represent their states were easily recalled by the legislatures who sent them to DC.

We need to drop left AND right progressivism and return to the federalism of our founders.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Most of our citizens know nothing about the Constitution...much like our President...to them it is 100% irrelevant. President Clinton knew if the citizens want a gun ban they are going to get it, regardless of the constitutionality. President Bush knew if the citizens want subsidized prescription drugs they are going to get it, regardless of the constitutionality.  If the citizens want free healthcare they are going to get it.  If they want a huge public works boondoggle that scapegoats Mexicans...then they deserve to get it good and hard. 

It is a chief reason the majority of our leaders want to allow more and more uneducated people to become citizens, people who do not know what America is made of, people who will vote for politicians who do not do what is best for this country, but what is best for them.

It is sickening.  And will destroy the country we know.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Had the appointment of Senators remained with the states, it’s likely the current crop of aged Senators such as Cochran, McCain, and Feinstein would not be in office. Throw in Hatch, too.

Instead of incumbents with huge war chests, their “voters” would be a much smaller group of state legislators. John Cornyn would have to answer to a more conservative electorate.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Had the appointment of Senators remained with the states, it’s likely the current crop of aged Senators such as Cochran, McCain, and Feinstein would not be in office. Throw in Hatch, too.

Instead of incumbents with huge war chests, their “voters” would be a much smaller group of state legislators. John Cornyn would have to answer to a more conservative electorate.

I think the senate would have a pretty overwhelming majority of republicans.