Author Topic: Senate GOP seeks to change rules for Trump picks  (Read 732 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate GOP seeks to change rules for Trump picks
« on: December 29, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »
Republicans are mulling changing the Senate's rules to speed up consideration of President Trump's nominees.

GOP senators want to cut down the amount of debate time needed to confirm hundreds of the president’s picks, arguing Democrats are using the Senate’s rulebook to stonewall and slow-walk nominees and the GOP agenda.

Republicans have been privately discussing the potential changes for months, but support for the move appears to be growing amid mounting frustration about the pace of nomination votes.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/366260-senate-gop-seeks-to-change-rules-for-trump-picks
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate GOP seeks to change rules for Trump picks
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:48:14 pm »
Geter done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:13:08 pm »
FTA:
GOP Sens. Susan Collins (Maine) and John McCain (Ariz.) previously told The Hill that they wouldn’t support further rules changes. Collins, who has been in the middle of a health care fight, declined to comment before the holiday recess on Lankford’s proposal.

But if they voted "no," Republicans wouldn’t have the votes to unilaterally change the rules.

IOW, it's not going to happen before McCain kicks the bucket, now that AL has been lost to the GOP.  Now we may know why he is still clinging to power.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 03:42:08 am »
They successfully got rid of the "blue slip rule" that was used to derail Republican judicial nominees.

So... get to work and get rid of this rule, as well!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 03:49:17 am »
Almost a year in office and still not having the staff to do his job.

No way it should be taking this long.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 08:18:44 pm »
Even when it became plain to Hitler's military that the war was lost they still fought a bitter and bloody retreat every inch of the way back to Berlin.

What's it supposed to take in DC?

4 Consecutive Republican Presidents to clean out the Democrat mess?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 08:30:52 pm »
Even when it became plain to Hitler's military that the war was lost they still fought a bitter and bloody retreat every inch of the way back to Berlin.

What's it supposed to take in DC?

4 Consecutive Republican Presidents to clean out the Democrat mess?

Bureaucrats and GOP Senators will fight to literally their last breath to save their sinecures.  I imagine Generals are the same way, willing to fight to their soldiers' last breaths.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: