Author Topic: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial  (Read 969 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Hill
BY AVERY ANAPOL
12/25/17 08:04 PM EST

Utah's largest newspaper slammed Sen. Orrin Hatch (Utah) in a Christmas Day editorial on Monday, calling on the senior GOP senator to retire.

The Salt Lake Tribune’s editorial board named Hatch their 2017 “Utahn of the Year,” a designation the paper says is given to someone who has “had the biggest impact. For good or for ill.”

The newspaper said Hatch earned the title based on “his utter lack of integrity that rises from his unquenchable thirst for power.”

“It would be good for Utah if Hatch, having finally caught the Great White Whale of tax reform, were to call it a career,” the paper's editorial board wrote. “If he doesn’t, the voters should end it for him.”

(more)
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/366449-utah-paper-tells-hatch-to-call-it-a-career-in-blistering-editorial
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Utah paper tells Hatch to 'call it a career' in blistering editorial
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:51:10 pm »
“It would be good for Utah if Hatch, having finally caught the Great White Whale of tax reform, were to call it a career,” the paper's editorial board wrote. “If he doesn’t, the voters should end it for him.”

Amen!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 01:53:16 pm »
Three reasons why he should be gone

He's old..
and out of touch.

Okay two reasons.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 02:03:15 pm »
Amen!

From what I've seen, the writer is pulling for Mitt Romney to take the seat. I don't love Romney but at least he won't be another Trumper lapdog.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 02:09:36 pm »
From what I've seen, the writer is pulling for Mitt Romney to take the seat. I don't love Romney but at least he won't be another Trumper lapdog.

I don't think either one of them are good for the GOP...surely there is a Conservative that hails from Utah...actually LIVES in Utah that would be willing to step up and run.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 02:15:03 pm »
The gist of the article is complaining about the return of formerly Federal Lands to private ownership. This surprised me. I never thought of the people of Utah as being people who would beg the Federal Government to take their land.

But, I guess they feel that government control of a huge part of their State is a better situation than to have the land in the hands of their own citizens.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:17:57 pm »
I don't think either one of them are good for the GOP...surely there is a Conservative that hails from Utah...actually LIVES in Utah that would be willing to step up and run.

I agree there are probably better candidates but can pretty much guarantee it won't be someone Trump or Trumpers like. There aren't a lot of Trump fans in Utah. If I recall correctly Trump didn't even break the threshold to take Utah delegates during the primary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 02:18:30 pm »
The gist of the article is complaining about the return of formerly Federal Lands to private ownership. This surprised me. I never thought of the people of Utah as being people who would beg the Federal Government to take their land.

But, I guess they feel that government control of a huge part of their State is a better situation than to have the land in the hands of their own citizens.

Gotta remember that SLC is a big Liberal University town.  Wanting our Imperial Federal Masters to control us is a natural thing in a place like that...even more so for a newspaper editorial writer.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »
Gotta remember that SLC is a big Liberal University town.  Wanting our Imperial Federal Masters to control us is a natural thing in a place like that...even more so for a newspaper editorial writer.

Trump isn't exactly trustworthy on the issue anyway.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:24:12 pm by Cripplecreek »

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 02:30:09 pm »
Trump isn't exactly trustworthy on the issue anyway.

What a bunch of stream of consciousness babble. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 05:34:31 pm »

That just shows you that people are not only funny but stupid.  They should want the land returned to the state.  The state should be able to mis-manage it without federal interference.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.