Author Topic: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat  (Read 15928 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 04:05:57 pm »
I just can't fathom why he waited until hours before the election certification to file his complain.

You forgot the /s.

/s
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:06:54 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 04:13:38 pm »
Alabama secretary of state: Doug Jones will be certified despite Roy Moore's challenge

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill threw cold water on Republican
[/size]Roy Moore’s attempt to postpone
[/size] certification of the Alabama Senate special election results, saying Democrat Doug Jones will be certified the winner Thursday and sworn in next week.
[/size]
[/size]http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-secretary-of-state-doug-jones-will-be-certified-despite-roy-moores-challenge/article/2644489
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 04:14:59 pm »
The republican controlled state has been aware of the voter rolls for years and that has nothing to do with the 92% lie.

That 92% figure was the percentage of democratic voters casting ballots in the special election compared to those in November 2016 - not their total voters.  The overall turnout of their voter base was nowhere close to its maximum.

It’s pathetic how some have to hold on to this notion of cheating as an excuse for the defeat of a joke candidate.

It would still put turnout at around 70%, which in a state wide, off year, off month special election is still very unprecedented.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:22:35 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »

Page 5, point 17 - he’s using the 2004 MSM/Kerry exit poll defense.   

:facepalm2:

@edpc

Wait, I thought polls were fake news.  Now they’re grounds for overturning an election?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 04:23:59 pm »
Hey guys...am I wrong about this or is the election going to be certified in a couple of hours?
Why do you suppose he waited until literally the last minute to do this?

It takes time to gather evidence, and the window is small.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 04:24:39 pm »
Roy Moore files lawsuit to block Alabama Senate result
https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore-files-lawsuit-block-alabama-senate-result-063629654.html
@mystery-ak

"He attached a statement from a poll worker that she had noticed licenses from Georgia and North Carolina as people signed in to vote."

If a person's name was not on the voter list, he/she could not vote.  If he/she insisted on voting, he/she had to do it by provisional ballot and it would not be counted.

Their Secretary of State is a Republican and their election judges were likely all Republican. When training election judges/clerks, I never had a Republican election worker ask me how to cheat. I expect this Secretary of State ran Alabama's election to the letter of the law.

When instructing election judges/clerks in my county, a Democrat mayor was an election judge, and she asked permission to come to my instruction because she wanted to do it right.  We all welcomed her/this Democrat, when she came and she came to every one I did every two years.  She was a fine lady who wanted to do her job right.

Offline edpc

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »
It would still put turnout at around 70%, which in a state wide, off year, off month special election is still very unprecedented.

No, it wouldn’t.  The overall AL turnout in 2016 was 64%.  In a deep red state (or deep blue), the opposition turnout in a presidential election isn’t going to be extremely high.  In this case you’re not getting all of them returning.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »
I have no doubt the rest of his promised lawsuits will be forthcoming.

*cough*
Didn't you say he WOULDN'T sue?

Wrong again!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 04:33:39 pm »
But it has a lot to do with potential and actual voter fraud!

92% of the turn out for a presidential election in a special election is also unprecedented!

To oppose a candidate as nuts as Moore?  No, not that unprecedented.  The GOP has managed to energize the democrats this year, and this is what happens with morons like Moore. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »
No, it wouldn’t.  The overall AL turnout in 2016 was 64%.  In a deep red state (or deep blue), the opposition turnout in a presidential election isn’t going to be extremely high.  In this case you’re not getting all of them returning.

Right! And 92% of 64 is 58.8%!  Unprecedented for this kind of election!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »
I've never seen a non-Presidential election break 40% turnout anywhere. Anything over 60% would be suspicious. (but still not enough proof of fraud in and of itself)

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »
Right! And 92% of 64 is 58.8%!  Unprecedented for this kind of election!

Only unprecedented in a normal race with conventional candidates.  When you get a polarizing figure like Moore, turnout will go up dramatically.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 04:37:38 pm »
To oppose a candidate as nuts as Moore?  No, not that unprecedented.  The GOP has managed to energize the democrats this year, and this is what happens with morons like Moore.
They've thrown everything they've had at multiple elections and have only won a single one, thanks largely to a pathetically weak accusation of pedophilia that conservative media had no interest in genuinely refuting (even the O'Keefe sting was later admitted as being set up to fail).

Energy alone doesn't win elections when you're deranged. The Dems won Alabama by making Moore look even more deranged.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:38:10 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »
Only unprecedented in a normal race with conventional candidates.  When you get a polarizing figure like Moore, turnout will go up dramatically.

BS!  It's unprecedented PERIOD!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 04:40:41 pm »
Not that dramatically, and consider especially that the Dems' strategy involved keeping potential Moore voters home with the pedo smears.

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 04:41:19 pm »
Can’t wait for Roy to have additional appearances on shows like Aroostook Watchmen to talk about how this was all a big conspiracy.

Offline edpc

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »

The real figures were the number Moore turned off, not how many Jones turned out.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:55:49 pm by edpc »

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2017, 04:45:36 pm »
The denial is strong on this topic today.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 04:49:20 pm »
Can’t wait for Roy to have additional appearances on shows like Aroostook Watchmen to talk about how this was all a big conspiracy.
You do realize that continuing to post inflammatory bullcrap like this means that it just takes longer for him to go away, right?

Moore thrives on attention. He's like Hillary Clinton: ignore them, and they become inconsequential.

Offline edpc

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 05:01:52 pm »
You do realize that continuing to post inflammatory bullcrap like this means that it just takes longer for him to go away, right?

Moore thrives on attention. He's like Hillary Clinton: ignore them, and they become inconsequential.

He’s been on their show before, which is why I mentioned it.  Roy isn’t deciding his next move by what I post on TBR.  He’s going to do what he does and remain the target of ridicule, regardless of what I say - or don’t.

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

I’m sure Moore spends hours going over what’s posted on TBR. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2017, 05:02:07 pm »

Wrong. Opposition turnout is generally higher than the majority party in a given jurisdiction.

Even so, if Dem turnout was 64%, that's still nearly 60% turnout, which is still unprecedented. The highest I've ever seen, one time, was just under 50%, for a very small local election, not statewide.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 05:02:25 pm »
Alabama secretary of state: Doug Jones will be certified despite Roy Moore's challenge

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill threw cold water on Republican
[/size]Roy Moore’s attempt to postpone
[/size] certification of the Alabama Senate special election results, saying Democrat Doug Jones will be certified the winner Thursday and sworn in next week.
[/size]
[/size]http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-secretary-of-state-doug-jones-will-be-certified-despite-roy-moores-challenge/article/2644489

Geez, what happened to your HTML code?  Looks like a butcher's shop....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
Didn't you say he WOULDN'T sue?

Wrong again!

@jmyrlefuller

I did.  I said he wouldn’t sue the Post or AL.com.

Is he doing that?  Has he begun the process?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »
Geez, what happened to your HTML code?  Looks like a butcher's shop....

When I am at the post screen, it looks clean. Then when I post it, it comes out all goofy. Normally I would go in and fix it. Just didn't feel like it this time.

From what I understand the site runs on a PHP engine. I think it has a hard time digesting HTML. That's a guess. I really don't know why it does that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.