Author Topic: The Senate Waited Until Christmas To Reveal How Many Harassment Settlements Were Paid Out  (Read 1614 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Caller
KEVIN DALEY
1:33 PM 12/25/2017

As the Christmas holiday weekend set in, the Senate Rules and Administration Committee released a report revealing the Senate has spent $1.5 million on workplace harassment settlements since 1998.

The data, provided by the Office of Compliance, a little known administrative body that has quietly settled dozens of complaints against congressional offices, provides little by way of details, beyond an itemized list of violations and the corresponding settlement.

GOP Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, who chairs the Rules Committee, said further particulars cannot be made public, in order to respect the confidentiality afforded to victims.

“While the Rules Committee has been eager to provide this information in a transparent manner, it has been our priority to protect the victims involved in these settlements from further harm,” the senator said in a statement attending the report. “I am pleased that we have received assurances from Senate Legal Counsel that the release of this data does not violate confidentiality and as such, are able to make it public.”

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/25/the-senate-waited-until-christmas-to-reveal-how-many-harassment-settlements-were-paid-out/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Daily Caller
KEVIN DALEY
1:33 PM 12/25/2017

As the Christmas holiday weekend set in, the Senate Rules and Administration Committee released a report revealing the Senate has spent $1.5 million on workplace harassment settlements since 1998.

The data, provided by the Office of Compliance, a little known administrative body that has quietly settled dozens of complaints against congressional offices, provides little by way of details, beyond an itemized list of violations and the corresponding settlement.

GOP Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, who chairs the Rules Committee, said further particulars cannot be made public, in order to respect the confidentiality afforded to victims.

“While the Rules Committee has been eager to provide this information in a transparent manner, it has been our priority to protect the victims involved in these settlements from further harm,” the senator said in a statement attending the report. “I am pleased that we have received assurances from Senate Legal Counsel that the release of this data does not violate confidentiality and as such, are able to make it public.”

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/25/the-senate-waited-until-christmas-to-reveal-how-many-harassment-settlements-were-paid-out/

They can white out the names of the "victims," but reveal the names of the congresspersons and staff perps.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They can white out the names of the "victims," but reveal the names of the congresspersons and staff perps.

I agree 100%.  I don't give a rat's ass about the ID of the victims, I doubt anybody does, but we all want to know who the perps are.  Shelby and his House counterpart are using that as a cheap excuse to refuse to tell us who the rotten apples are.

Give, you sonsabitches!   Who are they?  I don't care what Party so don't give me that crap either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

The "victims" Dick is talking about are the congressmen who were paying off.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Water buffaloes fight each other and do their own thing most of the time. But when they perceive an outside threat, they all herd up and huddle together for protection. Two bulls that may be bloody from fighting each other, will band together to fight anything that may threaten the herd.

This is why Congresspeople get away with anything. Because nobody in Congress will incriminate one of their own. They do not want to establish the precedent that Congress has to obey any rules or laws.

The foremost priority of anyone in Congress is to enrich and protect themselves first. Their second priority is to protect the established order and status quo. The names will not be released because it may rock the boat. Congress wants no disruption to the gravy train they have set up. All for one and one for all!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

@240B

A list of the settlements is listed here:

https://www.rules.senate.gov/news/majority-news/senate-rules-and-appropriations-committees-release-ooc-harassment-settlement-data

The public deserves a list of names of those senators the paid off their victims.  I could care less about the dollar amount, even if it was a dollar. A bribe is a bribe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

The public deserves a list of names of those senators the paid off their victims.  I could care less about the dollar amount, even if it was a dollar. A bribe is a bribe.

Those aren’t bribes, they’re damages for harm done. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I agree 100%.  I don't give a rat's ass about the ID of the victims, I doubt anybody does, but we all want to know who the perps are.  Shelby and his House counterpart are using that as a cheap excuse to refuse to tell us who the rotten apples are.

Give, you sonsabitches!   Who are they?  I don't care what Party so don't give me that crap either.

Or the victims could waive immunity.  I think most of them would.  I also thing we won't get the names of the perps.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@240B

A list of the settlements is listed here:

https://www.rules.senate.gov/news/majority-news/senate-rules-and-appropriations-committees-release-ooc-harassment-settlement-data

Names.  I want names.  That list is just a summary of the checks written.  "The names are being hidden to protect the guilty."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:thumbsup:

Yup.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Or the victims could waive immunity.  I think most of them would.  I also thing we won't get the names of the perps.

I don't want the names of the vics.  They could tell us on whose behalf these checks are written, and they refuse to come across.  Even the POS press we have today isn't going to stand for this.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

This.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

As long as they maintain a veneer of accountably, they figure they’re covered. So they set up phony congressional ethics committees and lord help the member who’s referred for investigation. After two or three years of “investigation,” if the member is found guilty of ethics violations you know what happens? Nothing. The member gets a letter of reprimand over something that happened 3 years ago that nobody remembers anyway, and meanwhile the member’s already won reelection!

What a sweetheart deal congress members get for themselves. A get outta jail free card.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If you read the list, most of them are not to settle sexual harassment cases.  Most of them are for various kinds of discrimination.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you read the list, most of them are not to settle sexual harassment cases.  Most of them are for various kinds of discrimination.

I.  Don't.  Care. 

Stop protecting people for whom you are forcing taxpayers to pay off.
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

This is why Congresspeople get away with anything. Because nobody in Congress will incriminate one of their own.

The marble wall of silence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I.  Don't.  Care. 

I agree that details should come out, but they may surprise you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree that details should come out, but they may surprise you.

I doubt it.  Unless they decide to announce people who aren't in Congress as abusers, nothing will surprise me.  I think they're all shit, both Parties.
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

I.  Don't.  Care. 

Time for Tom Fitton to file an FOIA demand letter.

Offline Hoodat

I.  Don't.  Care. 

Ditto.  Taxpayers have a right to know who has put their money at risk.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-