Author Topic: Trump administration set to unveil $1 trillion infrastructure proposal in 2018  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The Trump administration is expected to unveil an infrastructure package in the new year, after putting the issue on the sidelines amid other GOP priorities in 2017.

The White House is working to release a roughly 70-page infrastructure proposal sometime in January for members of Congress to use as a cornerstone for drafting the legislation in 2018.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/26/trump-administration-set-to-unveil-1-trillion-infrastructure-proposal-in-2018.html

Oceander

So where is all this money going to come from?

Offline Cripplecreek

They should be concentrating on finding where the last trillion went with nothing to show for it.

Offline endicom

Federal monies of 200 billion over ten years. The rest to be state, municipal and private monies.

It's been my contention that these monies would be spent in any case. My further contention has been that there is a better chance of the monies being well spent under Trump than under anyone else I can think of.

Oceander

Federal monies of 200 billion over ten years. The rest to be state, municipal and private monies.

It's been my contention that these monies would be spent in any case. My further contention has been that there is a better chance of the monies being well spent under Trump than under anyone else I can think of.

:bigsilly:

Oceander

So, Trump is bidding to add more than $2 trillion to the national debt, and that’s just in his first year or so. 

And here I thought it was only the democrats who were so cavalier with taxpayers’ money.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
They should be concentrating on finding where the last trillion went with nothing to show for it.

That's now a permanent part of the of the budget to be used for anything but infrastructure.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Concerned

It’ll be interesting to me to see the Federal legislative that will “spur” $800M in state, municipal, and private funding in infrastructure. Hopefully this state and local funding was previously planned and included in prior budgets and will not cause additional tax increases locally.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cripplecreek

Put your faith in Trump, brother.  :silly:

I just watched a crew spend from May to about last week repaving a 5 mile stretch of road that didn't need to be repaved at 3 days per week while far worse connecting roads were ignored.

No doubt the money will be spent alright but it won't be spent wisely.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So, Trump is bidding to add more than $2 trillion to the national debt, and that’s just in his first year or so. 

And here I thought it was only the democrats who were so cavalier with taxpayers’ money.

@Oceander
well you already read that its over 10 years so either this is an intentional misdirection or as a lawyer you have a severe reading comprehension problem.

Its also yet another example that you will fight against anything he does, regardless of what it is.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Put your faith in Trump, brother.  :silly:

I just watched a crew spend from May to about last week repaving a 5 mile stretch of road that didn't need to be repaved at 3 days per week while far worse connecting roads were ignored.

@Cripplecreek
Was trump out ther managing them?   Did he set the rules on which roads got repaved?

Or did your local politicans and unelected office holders do that?    Man the hate is just eating you up.

Offline cato potatoe

Now we will be propagandized by a slew of Joe Isuzus, assuring us this will magically pay for itself ... just like the beautiful tax cuts.  The modern "conservative" movement is just a pile of hocus pocus.

Offline Cripplecreek

Now we will be propagandized by a slew of Joe Isuzus, assuring us this will magically pay for itself ... just like the beautiful tax cuts.  The modern "conservative" movement is just a pile of hocus pocus.

That's why I have abandoned those principle free clowns and have adopted the label of Federalist.

Offline aligncare

Federal infrastructure projects typically cost taxpayers 3-4 times what private businesses pay to build.

One of Donald Trump’s signature issues during the campaign was getting pork and Union patronage out of federal infrastructure projects and bringing in construction projects on time and under budget. Trump knows the real costs of building compared to what inflated government contracts pay out in waste, fraud and abuse. I think he’ll work on getting more bang for the taxpayer buck.

Oceander

@Oceander
well you already read that its over 10 years so either this is an intentional misdirection or as a lawyer you have a severe reading comprehension problem.

Its also yet another example that you will fight against anything he does, regardless of what it is.

Offline Night Hides Not

Just when I see good things like our UN budget being cut and EPA employees retiring in droves, I see more pork adding to the deficit.

Trump's talk about reducing the deficit is puffery at it's best.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Federal infrastructure projects typically cost taxpayers 3-4 times what private businesses pay to build.

One of Donald Trump’s signature issues during the campaign was getting pork and Union patronage out of federal infrastructure projects and bringing in construction projects on time and under budget. Trump knows the real costs of building compared to what inflated government contracts pay out in waste, fraud and abuse. I think he’ll work on getting more bang for the taxpayer buck.

Brings to mind a nearly 20 YO quote from Trump:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Oceander

Brings to mind a nearly 20 YO quote from Trump:

Ain’t that the truth.

Offline Applewood

Sorry, guys.  I know Trump's fans believe that he can manage an expenditure like this better than Obama and others have done in the past, but I don't have that confidence.  Corruption, waste and mismanagement is an integral part of how government works in DC and everywhere else. If he's going to do this right, he will have to change the culture and replace the bureaucrats who normally manage these things.  While he might bring in people he trusts, I don't believe they will be any better than the bureaucrats we have now.  Too much money and too much incentive to temptation resources or use them to pay off unions and special interests. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We already know.  Most of the money was block granted to States, who then used it to bail out their State worker pension funds.

The infrastructure still needs work, but I don't think it's going to be doled out the same way it was under Obastard.  Let's see how it's proposed before we automatically trash it because Trump supports it.  That's getting old.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

Sorry, guys.  I know Trump's fans believe that he can manage an expenditure like this better than Obama and others have done in the past, but I don't have that confidence.  Corruption, waste and mismanagement is an integral part of how government works in DC and everywhere else. If he's going to do this right, he will have to change the culture and replace the bureaucrats who normally manage these things.  While he might bring in people he trusts, I don't believe they will be any better than the bureaucrats we have now.  Too much money and too much incentive to temptation resources or use them to pay off unions and special interests.

@Applewood
So lets just stop all spending under trump.  That way nothing is wasted.  /s

so predictable

Offline aligncare

If people want to comfort themselves and think of Trump as an evil, incompetent billionaire, genius, that’s fine — though I’m not sure how that squares with the facts.

But, if there’s one thing Donald Trump knows better than anything else, it’s construction.

Offline kidd

My brother in law is a road construction engineer.

He tells me that under the Obama administration infrastructure program, cities, counties and states took the Federal money to pay for projects that were already planned and financed by local funding. The local funding that was earmarked for infrastructure was then spent on teacher's pensions, which are in deep trouble.

IOW, the Obama infrastructure program paid for underfunded government pensions.

I sincerely hope that the Trump program will have far greater oversight.

Offline RoosGirl

@Applewood
So lets just stop all spending under trump.  That way nothing is wasted.  /s

so predictable

So let's increase spending under Trump because he knows how to spend it better than anybody else.  /s

equally predictable

Offline Night Hides Not

If people want to comfort themselves and think of Trump as an evil, incompetent billionaire, genius, that’s fine — though I’m not sure how that squares with the facts.

But, if there’s one thing Donald Trump knows better than anything else, it’s construction.

What he knows better than anyone is how to screw contractors out of the money he owes them. And now he has the entire Department of Justice to do it.