Author Topic: An opinion on the ‘EPA Gravy Train’ – and why shutting it down is a good thing  (Read 710 times)

rangerrebew

An opinion on the ‘EPA Gravy Train’ – and why shutting it down is a good thing
Guest Blogger / 3 days ago December 22, 2017   

Foreword by Paul Dreissen.

Author, advisor and former US Senate aide and Colorado Department of Natural Resources director Greg Walcher has written an important article on how sue-and-settle lawsuits ignored and abused our fundamental rights to legal due process from their very beginning – while enriching the environmentalist groups that brought the legal actions. He also explains why EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt was absolutely right to terminate the practice.

Walcher’s analysis should be read by every legislator, regulator, judge … and actual or potential victim of this infamous practice.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/22/an-opinion-on-the-epa-gravy-train-and-why-shutting-it-down-is-a-good-thing/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Oh yeah! Cut off their money supply, starve the enviro groups. This will put a bigtime crimp in their red tape scheme to shackle America with ridiculous regs while getting rich off taxpayer money.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh yeah! Cut off their money supply, starve the enviro groups. This will put a bigtime crimp in their red tape scheme to shackle America with ridiculous regs while getting rich off taxpayer money.
That's a start. Fine them for breaking the law. Let them pick up the tab for cleaning up the messes their protests make, and repairing the damage they do. Then, to put icing on that cake, let commercial entities recover lost revenue from those protests and any damages.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The EPA is a democrat sacred cow.  It makes me happy to see them all beside themselves at the thought of the agency is neutered. It spells the return of polluted waters and the fouling of the air 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:55:16 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

The EPA is a democrat sacred cow.  It makes me happy to see them all beside themselves at the thought of the agency is neutered. It spells the return of polluted waters and the fouling of the air
Well, the Rivers and Harbors act had the water covered, and provided a 'finders fee' for whistleblowers.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, the Rivers and Harbors act had the water covered, and provided a 'finders fee' for whistleblowers.

There you go! 

Offline Smokin Joe

There you go!
The first one was in 1899, and it was updated several times.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Wasn't it Nixon's baby?

Online Wingnut

Wasn't it Nixon's baby?

What it was is in no way what it has become.

Offline Smokin Joe

What it was is in no way what it has become.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. It wasn't a decade before the KGB was funding enviros worldwide to shut down industry in the west.

C S Lewis