Author Topic: Man Killed, Woman Critically Injured In Churchill Home Invasion  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Applewood

Man Killed, Woman Critically Injured In Churchill Home Invasion

CHURCHILL (KDKA) — A man was killed and a woman was critically injured during an apparent home invasion in Churchill Borough on Saturday afternoon.

It happened just before 5 p.m. at a home in the 2300 block of Forest Drive.

The deceased victim was 67-year-old Jeffrey Weiss.

Police say when first responders arrived at the scene, they found Weiss suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and a 52-year-old woman suffering from at least one gunshot wound.

Weiss was pronounced dead at the scene. The woman was taken to a local trauma hospital in critical condition.

According to Allegheny County Police, the motive of the shooting is unclear at this time, but they believe the shooting was the result of “a home-invasion type of attack.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/12/23/churchill-home-invasion-man-killed-woman-shot/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:53:57 pm by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

Re: Man Killed, Woman Critically Injured In Churchill Home Invasion
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:59:58 pm »
I posted this only because the community where this tragedy occurred is predominantly white and fairly well off and the victims were middle age.  Home invasions in Pittsburgh usually take place in bad, predominantly black neighborhoods and usually involve drugs or are otherwise gang-related. 

Perhaps the perp was a relative or neighbor looking for money to support his drug habit???

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 06:24:46 pm »
A break-in at 5 p.m.? That's unusual.
I go through Churchill to get to my sister's house.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »
I posted this only because the community where this tragedy occurred is predominantly white and fairly well off and the victims were middle age.  Home invasions in Pittsburgh usually take place in bad, predominantly black neighborhoods and usually involve drugs or are otherwise gang-related. 

Perhaps the perp was a relative or neighbor looking for money to support his drug habit???

Our home was previously owned by an elderly woman.  When she passed her only living relative was an adult grandson with a serious drug problem.

We've lived here a year and 2 weeks.  I was home alone, baking. Someone opened the storm door without knocking or ringing the doorbell.  Atticus erupted from the floor  and ran to the door, growling and thrust his head thru the partly open door.  A man on the other side was trying to hold the door shut on Atticus' head and shouting something.  I was hanging on to Atticus for dear life, finally got the door shut, but Atticus was still trying to get thru the door.  The man was slit eyed and slurring and I finally understood the word "granny".  Then he backed down the sidewalk.  I got Atticus away from the door, the door locked and called hubby to come home.  I didn't go outside to see if the guy was gone.  Atticus sat at the door and growled until hubby got home.

I think it was the grandson looking for his grandmother.  I am still pretty shaken.

Drugs are a curse in every level of this society.

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 07:09:30 pm »

Drugs are a curse in every level of this society.

Yes, ma'am, and a good dog is a blessing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 08:03:37 pm »
The son of a high school classmate died today of on OD. What the heck.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org