Author Topic: Chris Matthews Goes Off on the Democratic Party  (Read 1140 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Chris Matthews Goes Off on the Democratic Party
« on: December 24, 2017, 01:35:14 pm »
Lifezette
by Margaret Menge
Updated 22 Nov 2017 at 6:42 AM

Chris Matthews gave it to the Democrats on Saturday in a talk at the Miami Book Fair, saying they’ve lost their connection to white working people, and had better try to get it back.

“You know, ever since we started this Archie Bunker thing in the early ’70s, making fun of white working people, we kissed them goodbye,” he said. “You make fun of people, you look down on them? They get the message. You call them deplorables? They hear it. You bet they hear it. You say they cling to their guns and their religion? Oh yeah, I cling to my religion. OK. I’m a little person, and you’re a big person. Thank you, I’ll be voting for the other guy this time.”

(more)
https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/chris-matthews-goes-off-on-the-democratic-party/

This made me chuckle. Sounds like Matthews is what Liberals call "woke", which means he gets it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:36:18 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Chris Matthews Goes Off on the Democratic Party
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »
Lifezette
by Margaret Menge
Updated 22 Nov 2017 at 6:42 AM

Chris Matthews gave it to the Democrats on Saturday in a talk at the Miami Book Fair, saying they’ve lost their connection to white working people, and had better try to get it back.

“You know, ever since we started this Archie Bunker thing in the early ’70s, making fun of white working people, we kissed them goodbye,” he said. “You make fun of people, you look down on them? They get the message. You call them deplorables? They hear it. You bet they hear it. You say they cling to their guns and their religion? Oh yeah, I cling to my religion. OK. I’m a little person, and you’re a big person. Thank you, I’ll be voting for the other guy this time.”

(more)
https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/chris-matthews-goes-off-on-the-democratic-party/

This made me chuckle. Sounds like Matthews is what Liberals call "woke", which means he gets it.

No. Matthews has occasional flashes of realism but you can't trust them.

He did the same thing during the Clinton scandal.  (Bill's)  He was so vehement against Billy that Rush actually had him in as a substitute host.  It was a disaster.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 06:35:25 pm »
It's easy to forget that Rush Limbaugh had Chris as a guest host a couple of times.  Deep down he's the old-school Democrat before the SDS types took over the party.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 06:53:07 pm »
It's easy to forget that Rush Limbaugh had Chris as a guest host a couple of times.  Deep down he's the old-school Democrat before the SDS types took over the party.

I remember it.  But ... pronouns ... in the sentence 'Deep down he's ..."  do you mean Chris or Rush?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 06:59:44 pm »
He's one of many over-the-hill political talkers. (He is 72)

Compare and contrast him with the sharp mind of Ben Shapiro (age 33 or so)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »
I remember it.  But ... pronouns ... in the sentence 'Deep down he's ..."  do you mean Chris or Rush?

Matthews, of course.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 09:03:03 pm »
Matthews, of course.

I thought so ... just wanted to be sure.

Also, he's nuts and he spits when he talks.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »
I thought so ... just wanted to be sure.

Also, he's nuts and he spits when he talks.

Like most TV pundits,  Matthews is an actor, who spews the party line.   Perhaps now he's gotten TOTGAF, and will start saying what he really thinks.  You never know,  he just might come over to our side.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 09:19:23 pm »
Like most TV pundits,  Matthews is an actor, who spews the party line.   Perhaps now he's gotten TOTGAF, and will start saying what he really thinks.  You never know,  he just might come over to our side.

Dream on. CM hasn't got the slightest quibble with far-left policies. His only gripe is dems' failure to "sell" those policies to the WWC the way they do to, say, African-Americans...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA