Author Topic: Text of a Letter from the President to the Congress of the United States -  (Read 8591 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/text-letter-president-congress-united-states-6/

Text of a Letter from the President to the Congress of the United States

Law & Justice

Issued on: December 21, 2017

TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES:

Pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), I hereby report that I have issued the enclosed Executive Order (the “order”) declaring a national emergency with respect to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States posed by serious human rights abuse and corruption around the world. In addition to taking action under IEEPA, the order implements the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act (Public Law 114-328) (the “Act”) and delegates certain of its authorities.

The order blocks the property and interests in property of persons listed in the Annex to the order. It also blocks the property and interests in property of any foreign person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Attorney General:

(1) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have directly or indirectly engaged in, serious human rights abuse;

(2) to be a current or former government official, or a person acting for or on behalf of such an official, who is responsible for or complicit in, or has directly or indirectly engaged in:

(a) corruption, including the misappropriation of state assets, the expropriation of private assets for personal gain, corruption related to government contracts or the extraction of natural resources, or bribery; or

(b) the transfer or the facilitation of the transfer of the proceeds of corruption;

(3) to be or have been a leader or official of:

(a) an entity, including any government entity, that has engaged in, or whose members have engaged in, any of the activities described in (1), (2)(a), or (2)(b) above relating to the leader’s or official’s tenure; or

(b) an entity whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the order as a result of activities related to the leader’s or the official’s tenure; or

(4) to have attempted to engage in any of the activities described in (1), (2)(a), or (2)(b) above.

The order also blocks any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Attorney General:

(5) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of:

(a) any activity described in (1), (2)(a), or (2)(b) above that is conducted by a foreign person;

(b) any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the order; or

(c) any entity described in (3)(a) above where the activity is conducted by a foreign person;

(6) to be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the order; or

(7) to have attempted to engage in any of the activities described in (5) or (6) above.

In addition, the order suspends entry into the United States of any alien listed in the Annex or determined to meet one or more of the criteria above.

I have delegated to the Secretary of the Treasury the authority, in consultation with the Secretary of State, to take such actions, including adopting rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA and the Act, as may be necessary to implement the order and relevant provisions of the Act. I have delegated to the Secretary of State the authority to take such actions, including adopting rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA and the Act, as may be necessary to implement the provisions of the order and the Act suspending entry into the United States of certain aliens. All executive departments and agencies are directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to implement the order.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 20, 2017.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Going out on a limb here.....

Does anybody else think this could be the basis to seize the funds/assets of The Clinton Foundation? (corruption)

Does anybody else think this could include child sex-trafficking? (Human Rights Violations)

Does anybody else think this could include the Uranium One 'Deal'? (Corruption)   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:07:40 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

@DCPatriot     

Your probably not going to believe this My Friend, but some earlier criticism about certain Briefers only posting Trump Hate articles chilled me to the bone, thinking you were discussing my posting habits (which incidentally I think are pretty fair at least 90% of the time). 
   To make a short story long, I was actually at whitehouse.gov this morning and saw this and was gonna post it to prove a point I need not be making (unless I AM Guilty, as charged) but thought that doing so would require me taking another shower and 2 in 1 hour seems a little OCD, so I forgot about trying to make a point.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:01:11 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot     

Your probably not going to believe this My Friend, but some earlier criticism about certain Briefers only posting Trump Hate articles chilled me to the bone, thinking you were discussing my posting habits (which incidentally I think are pretty fair at least 90% of the time). 
   To make a short story long, I was actually at whitehouse.gov this morning and saw this and was gonna post it to prove a point I need not be making (unless I AM Guilty, as charged) but thought that doing so would require me taking another shower and 2 in 1 hour seems a little OCD, so I forgot about trying to make a point.

No, @corbe   You're cool with me.   You're just 'your standard PIA'....nothing radical about you.

No....I was referring to the early Summer of 2015 Briefer Cabal.

Members like:

They 'KNOW' who they are. 

Offline Fantom

No, @corbe   You're cool with me.   You're just 'your standard PIA'....nothing radical about you.

No....I was referring to the early Summer of 2015 Briefer Cabal.

Members like:

They 'KNOW' who they are.

Good Lord...give it up already.  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Decrying anything from any position in the 2015 primaries when Trump was the worst transgressor of all...... give it a rest. Enjoy the win, and the change of peoples real opinions ..due to President Trumps actual actions.

The rest is crap @DCPatriot ... and only serves to diminish you. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Decrying anything from any position in the 2015 primaries when Trump was the worst transgressor of all...... give it a rest. Enjoy the win, and the change of peoples real opinions ..due to President Trumps actual actions.

God bless him, he can't grasp that concept.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

...like I give a shit what you think of me.     *****rollingeyes*****

I used the 2015 benchmark to point out how long your bullshit has been going on.

It hasn't gotten any better from that crew.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:58:57 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline RoosGirl

Don't tell him.  It's delicious to watch.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Don't tell him.  It's delicious to watch.

I'm glad you think so.  I surely don't.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

It isn’t possible for DCP to diminish itself any further.

Online DCPatriot

On all matters "Trump", you're the poster-girl for "haven't a clue"

"He's no Republican.  He's  a New York Liberal"........  Oceander.      *****rollingeyes*****

So glad you felt compelled to stop by.   

Online DCPatriot

I'm glad you think so.  I surely don't.

That's because it wasn't you that was called every effing name in the book...going on more than 2 years since Trump appeared.

Walk a mile in my shoes......

Offline Fantom

YOUUUUUU...  are not the least in unreasonable.  Far from it.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

That's because it wasn't you that was called every effing name in the book...going on more than 2 years since Trump appeared.

LOL 

Online DCPatriot

LOL

Look at her, injecting herself into every conversation.....trying so hard to be relevant.       So cute.    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

YOUUUUUU...  are not the least in unreasonable.  Far from it.

You want to try that again?  This time, in English?   ^-^

Offline corbe

This Forum and it's members have exceeded all my expectations as to how far we have come along as a group.   That Primary was brutal. A year into the Trump Presidency and most all here are pleasantly surprised that he got done as much as he did working with that CF of a Congress, sure there are extremes here on BOTH ends.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

This Forum and it's members have exceeded all my expectations as to how far we have come along as a group.   That Primary was brutal. A year into the Trump Presidency and most all here are pleasantly surprised that he got done as much as he did working with that CF of a Congress, sure there are extremes here on BOTH ends.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Thank you.

And to think.....nobody is holding a gun to their heads reply.    :whistle:

Offline RoosGirl

Look at her, injecting herself into every conversation.....trying so hard to be relevant.       So cute.    :laugh:

You do realize he was commenting back to me and you also do realize that it is an open and public forum?  You poor, downtrodden, little urchin you.  I love it when you complain about all the new members wrecking your peaceful home.  Please continue.  Like I said, the man tears are delicious.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

President Reagan kept a small plaque on his desk that read:

"There is no limit to what a man can accomplish if he doesn't care who gets the credit. " 

Much wisdom in that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

FaceBook is blowing up right now.....on what this EO means.

Many seem to think Washington politicians are freaking out that their assets will be seized over the Christmas recess.

...and that it's all tied to Uranium One.

Offline Fantom

...like I give a shit what you think of me.     *****rollingeyes*****

I used the 2015 benchmark to point out how long your bullshit has been going on.

It hasn't gotten any better from that crew.

Last first as is my wont.

Yes, the @Oceander @Once-Ler  ET.AL. crew have not gotten any better.. only more bitter. The nevertrumper cause is lost... and damned thankfully so. Thankfully so because Trump is winning Conservative cause. And such as me.....little Ol' me.

As for 2015... Trumpansies BS was going on that long as well....... why continue it? The few neverTrumpers voices are but a hollow tinny sound today.

Now , as to the last... I have PM's which prove different(not that I would make those public ..unless you wish) .. My Dearest Pocket Pool.   :dx1:

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

Last first as is my wont.

Yes, the @Oceander @Once-Ler  ET.AL. crew have not gotten any better.. only more bitter. The nevertrumper cause is lost... and damned thankfully so. Thankfully so because Trump is winning Conservative cause. And such as me.....little Ol' me.

As for 2015... Trumpansies BS was going on that long as well....... why continue it? The few neverTrumpers voices are but a hollow tinny sound today.

Now , as to the last... I have PM's which prove different(not that I would make those public ..unless you wish) .. My Dearest Pocket Pool.   :dx1:

/snicker

Whatever. 

Online DCPatriot

President Reagan kept a small plaque on his desk that read:

"There is no limit to what a man can accomplish if he doesn't care who gets the credit. " 

Much wisdom in that.

You think all I care about is that I was RIGHT all along about Donald Trump.....and that many of you were clueless sore-losers?

Nope....this is just a simple matter of "PAY BACK IS A BITCH".   Live with it.

Or....simply pass on the thread.    What a concept, huh?   :laugh:

Offline Fantom

/snicker

Whatever.

You may be coming 'Round.....  :laugh:

Frederick Douglass