Author Topic: Fox military analyst: 'Nikki Haley may end up as our first female president'  (Read 11452 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's ridiculous to talk about 'netiquette' on a thread where people are insulting each other.

It is literally a joke.

Anyway, I turned my notification off so I don't even see them.  If we're in the middle of discussing something (or someone) and we reply to each other, it's just common sense to see the next posts.

That is a hangover from Free Republic anyway.

Merry Christmas, @Emjay

Seems some of us are willing to start with a clean slate.  And, if true, that's a good thing.

The good coming out of this is that the members who still refuse to acknowledge his leadership and communication skills are down to the point they'd be hard-pressed to field a basketball game.

And highly respected minds in here (at least IMO), have eloquently explained why they've become 'comedic relief' on the forum.

It's an 'Ego' thingy.   Has to be.   

How else to explain obvious intelligent fellow Conservatives/Republicans not coming around to President Trump's effectiveness.  And with pure raw disdain?  After this remarkable maiden year??

Come on, man....   :laugh:

He's got a tremendous opportunity to build a "really yuuuge...better than ever Republican Party"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's ridiculous to talk about 'netiquette' on a thread where people are insulting each other.

Au Contraire, there is no better time for netiquette.  Trying to return civility to an angry argument is the very essence of netiquette.

Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, my friend...

:tree3:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

I'm hoping.... but not going to light a candle on it!    :beer:

@DCPatriot

LMAO

:laugh:

Silver Pines

Yeah, I don't know what a goomba is either, but a Goombay Smash is a mixed drink with spiced rum, coconut rum, banana rum, mango rum and white rum plus pineapple juice and a splash of grenadine.  It's about the only thing I drink, once a year at Halloween when they are given out to the adults that bring their kids around.  Merry Christmas y'all!

@RoosGirl

*taking notes*

Online DCPatriot

Yeah, I don't know what a goomba is either, but a Goombay Smash is a mixed drink with spiced rum, coconut rum, banana rum, mango rum and white rum plus pineapple juice and a splash of grenadine.  It's about the only thing I drink, once a year at Halloween when they are given out to the adults that bring their kids around.  Merry Christmas y'all!

Seriously...is that perhaps a teaspoon each of those rums with the pineapple?  Or does that depend on whose kids we're talking about?  ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I’m really enjoying watching Haley at the UN, but that doesn’t translate into “she should be president!”

Conservatives need to back off from allowing emotion to carry them away.  Haley seems tough...I like that.  But otherwise I’m uninformed about her.  I’d have to research her record before I started pushing her for president.

I don't know why she shouldn't.  She is displaying her ability to lead.  She wouldn't be doing the excellent job she is doing without a knowledge of foreign affairs.  Honestly I think she would be a great candidate.  I probably would not agree on everything Nikki Haley believes but I would rather have her than Trump.  Not saying that Trump hasn't done some good things, but he acts like a child.

One thing that I am sure of though........If FOX news decided its going to be Nikki it will be.  It always is who they start pushing early on.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Merry Christmas, @Emjay

Seems some of us are willing to start with a clean slate.  And, if true, that's a good thing.

The good coming out of this is that the members who still refuse to acknowledge his leadership and communication skills are down to the point they'd be hard-pressed to field a basketball game.

And highly respected minds in here (at least IMO), have eloquently explained why they've become 'comedic relief' on the forum.

How else to explain obvious intelligent fellow Conservatives/Republicans not coming around to President Trump's effectiveness.  And with pure raw disdain?  After this remarkable maiden year??

He's got a tremendous opportunity to build a "really yuuuge...better than ever Republican Party"

Unless certain people were visited by three ghosts last night, all this fake camaraderie pseudo Christmas cheer is just that to me.

We'll see how we are treated in the coming weeks.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Merry Christmas, @Emjay

Depends on if he gets a handle on immigration like he promised.  And whether I am one of his friends who will get richer with the tax bill.  Wait and see.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:03:56 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I get visited by ghosts all the time, but I always thought they were flashbacks from my misspent youth with @corbe (in spirit).   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Au Contraire, there is no better time for netiquette.  Trying to return civility to an angry argument is the very essence of netiquette.

Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, my friend...

:tree3:

Thank you.  I will be merry in a couple of hours.  It's only 8 AM here.

I'm not sure that the so-called 'pinging' is a form of etiquette.  I found that when I've been pinged in the past, it often guides me to a post that contains an insult.

That's why I turned off the ping thingee.  And I only ping when I am saying something friendly or informative to others.

But that's just me.  Ping away.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Depends on if he gets a handle on immigtion like he promised.  And whether I am one of his friends who will get richer with the tax bill.  Wait and see.

There's probably an 80% chance you will.... :smokin:

Merry Christmas, @Chosen Daughter!   :tree3:

(I'm always waiting and seeing.  It's how I'm wired.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I get visited by ghosts all the time, but I always thought they were flashbacks from my misspent youth with @corbe (in spirit).   :shrug:

I got visited by ghosts of Christmas past in my dreams last night.  I was in a long line at the Post Office and trying to cook a lot of food.  It was horrible.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thank you.  I will be merry in a couple of hours.  It's only 8 AM here.

I'm not sure that the so-called 'pinging' is a form of etiquette.  I found that when I've been pinged in the past, it often guides me to a post that contains an insult.

That's why I turned off the ping thingee.  And I only ping when I am saying something friendly or informative to others.

But that's just me.  Ping away.

No argument from me there.  I've seen you take a lot of heat you did not deserve.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I got visited by ghosts of Christmas past in my dreams last night.  I was in a long line at the Post Office and trying to cook a lot of food.  It was horrible.

Yikes!  :terror:  I hope nobody went "Postal."  Apparently that's a "thing" again.

Enjoy your coffee (or other beverage of your choice).  There are some Christmas donuts in the Lounge....
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

Unless certain people were visited by three ghosts last night, all this fake camaraderie pseudo Christmas cheer is just that to me.

We'll see how we are treated in the coming weeks.

@Emjay

I was visited by 3 ghosts last night and all 3 were naked and beautiful.  Each woke me up with a different prophesy but all lead to the same conclusion, The more things change, the more they stay the same. 
   You and I share some common thoughts on our President and disagree in other areas BUT this so called NT'er is coming around after a year of butt~hurt and in spite of keeping my expectations LOW (to avoid the pitfall of possible disappointment) my Gratitude is easier to express.
   If I can move on, so can others!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:20:30 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

There's probably an 80% chance you will.... :smokin:

Merry Christmas, @Chosen Daughter!   :tree3:

(I'm always waiting and seeing.  It's how I'm wired.)

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you also.   :tree3:

Offline corbe

That's the @mescaline @Cyber Liberty It will never leave you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

Seriously...is that perhaps a teaspoon each of those rums with the pineapple?  Or does that depend on whose kids we're talking about?  ^-^

We make it in a huge cooler, so it's equal mix of all the rums but then count on about 1 oz of rum mix per total 8 oz cup of drink.  Depends on how strong you like yours. :)  And yes, sometimes it depends on the kid!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:24:29 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

I was visited by 3 ghosts last night and all 3 were naked and beautiful.  Each woke me up with a different prophesy but all lead to the same conclusion, The more things change, the more they stay the same. 
   You and I share some common thoughts on our President and disagree in other areas BUT this so called NT'er is coming around after a year of butt~hurt and in spite of keeping my expectations LOW (to avoid the pitfall of possible disappointment) my Gratitude is easier to express.
   If I can move on, so can others!

Of course you can move on, but you don't really have to.  You have never been mean or nasty.  I truly don't mind negative comments about the Prez if they are meaningful and he's certainly not perfect.

In fact, I think a lot of negative stuff that I never say.  The reason is that old saw ... the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Trump is a mortal enemy to the people I loathe the most.  I am not talking TBR'ers.  We don't really matter in the scheme of things.  (sorry).

I'm talking the press, the dems and a lot of dumb and deluded celebrities (some of whom I've never heard of -- so is celebrity the right word?)

But I'm with my children today and we have reservations at Mama's Fish House, a legendary eatery here on the Island and so Happy Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We make it in a huge cooler, so it's equal mix of all the rums but then count on about 1 oz of rum mix per total 8 oz cup of drink.  Depends on how strong you like yours. :)  And yes, sometimes it depends on the kid!

Reminds me of parties we used to have in my old Fraternity house:  "Trashers."  We'd buy a nice, new and clean garbage can and line it.  Everybody would bring a mixer and a bottle of their favorite spirits, and dump it into the lined can on the way into the house.  We'd keep the ice coming, and sometimes throw a chunk or dry ice in for fog and carbonation of the punch blend.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Reminds me of parties we used to have in my old Fraternity house:  "Trashers."  We'd buy a nice, new and clean garbage can and line it.  Everybody would bring a mixer and a bottle of their favorite spirits, and dump it into the lined can on the way into the house.  We'd keep the ice coming, and sometimes throw a chunk or dry ice in for fog and carbonation of the punch blend.

We had those kind of parties too.  OUCH!

Offline UnwashedPeasant

Nikki Haley has been great at the U.N., but she has a history of betraying her country to please the media. She can't be trusted.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

1 oz of rum mix and 7 oz grain alcohol?   Yeouch.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DCPatriot

Nikki Haley has been great at the U.N., but she has a history of betraying her country to please the media. She can't be trusted.

Would you be so inclined please...provide an example?

Don't just drive-by and shout out the window.

Offline Suppressed

How else to explain obvious intelligent fellow Conservatives/Republicans not coming around to President Trump's effectiveness.

At Christmas dinner, I learned how he's speeding up tourists entering France.  My friend's son was asked one question: "Trump?"  He answered No.
The agent said, "Bon!", stamped his passport, and waved him right through.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn