Author Topic: Durbin: Is This The Last Chrismas In America For Hundreds Of Thousands Of Young Dreamers?  (Read 769 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin: Is This The Last Chrismas In America For Hundreds Of Thousands Of Young Dreamers?

WASHINGTON—U.S. Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) again came to the Senate floor today to call on Congressional Republicans to pass the bipartisan Dream Act now. More than 12,000 Dreamers have already lost their DACA status at a rate of roughly 1,000 each week.  Beginning early next year, 1,000 additional young people will lose their protection from deportation each day.

“Yesterday, one of my Republican colleagues looked me in the eye and said ‘we’re talking about amnesty. These are people who violated the law’,” said Durbin. “Some of them, by his definition, violated the law when they were carried in their mother’s arms to the United States at the age of two. Does that sound right? Does that sound just? Does it sound fair to say that these are people who have broken the law in America? I don’t think so. We owe it to these young people to do the right thing.”

more
https://www.durbin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/durbin-is-this-the-last-chrismas-in-america-for-hundreds-of-thousands-of-young-dreamers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm crying now.  My tears are flooding the screen.

The Last Christmas.  the Young Dreamers.

Next we're gonna hear there is no Santa Clause.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yesterday, one of my Republican colleagues looked me in the eye and said ‘we’re talking about amnesty. These are people who violated the law,” said Durbin. “Some of them, by his definition, violated the law when they were carried in their mother’s arms to the United States at the age of two. Does that sound right? Does that sound just? Does it sound fair to say that these are people who have broken the law in America?

Yes.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.

In Mexico.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.

In Mexico.

Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and his Old Lady

! No longer available

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I'm crying now.  My tears are flooding the screen.

@Emjay

Don't know how to break this to you, but yes,

It's those damned Climate Science Deniers and all those extra Polar Bears they're responsible for.

They got him.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mamamasita, donde esta Santa Claus....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

Sorry to be the downer here but the GOP doesn't want to pizz off the Hispanic vote and in spite of the Campaign pledges Trump just kicked the ball over to those spineless azzholes and if they don't do something by March and I'm not optimistic, it goes back to Trump who has already said two important things:

A: He'll take care of it if Congress doesn't
   B: He doesn't have the heart to round up and kick out 10 million people

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dreamers are here to stay in some capacity or another.

He's already 326 days behind on his DACA/PACA pledge so I'm a pessimist.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Who gives a shit Dick. They got Santa down there, don't they?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Si, si, senor.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Do all the little ones get gusanos in their stockings?