Author Topic: A Christmas wish: Christians in the Middle East need American support to live free from persecution  (Read 817 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A Christmas wish: Christians in the Middle East need American support to live free from persecution

At this time of year American Christians are free to celebrate Christmas in any way they like, because freedom of religion is a cherished right in the U.S. for people of every faith. But in many predominantly Muslim nations in the Middle East, the Christian minority is threatened and persecuted 365 days a year.

As an Assyrian Christian who fled my native Iran in 1989 I know about this harassment and persecution from first-hand experience.

And as the founder and president of the Iraqi Christian Relief Council I know about this persecution because of the work my nonprofit does to assist persecuted Christians throughout the Middle East and in other nations where they have taken refuge.

The Iraqi Christian Relief Council has been operating since 2007 and last year alone we helped 110,000 displaced Christians. We offer food and medicine, job training, home rebuilding and other services. With more support, we could help many more Christians.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/21/christmas-wish-christians-in-middle-east-need-american-support-to-live-free-from-persecution.html