Author Topic: Nikki Haley warns UN: Americans don't want to 'pay for the privilege of being disrespected'  (Read 2249 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
dfwgator wrote:
"So what they are really saying is that they don't really believe that Israel is a nation."

There's a reason why Israel does not appear on some islamic maps.
You guessed right.

Problem is, it's not only the muslims who espouse such beliefs...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Abstain is a no vote except for the intense pressure they’re under to vote yes. I heard 35
abstained. Alongside the 9 noes, that’s not too bad considering the track record of the UN.

Plus the 21 who were no shows.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Offline verga

If I was Trump, I would rapidly put teeth into this.

--Cancel any and all aid to hunter-gather societies.

--Cancel any and all aid to drug dealing nations.

--Cancel any and all aid to muslim terror supporting nations.

--Cancel any and all aid to nations that are belligerent to their peaceful neighbors.

Consider abstentions and absences as being against our position.

--Add as necessary.

--Move the UN Hq. to light industrial concrete tilt ups in Detroit's suburbs.
Resign from the UN and tell them they have 30 days to pack up and GTFO
@truth_seeker Fixed it for you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

XenaLee wonders:
"We are surrounded by potential enemies, north and south.  And considering how generous the US has always been .... one has to wonder where it will all end."

Canada is worth invading and annexing as part of the United States.
Mexico... not so much.

(And I'm serious about the Canada part!)
@truth_seeker except for Quebec, those nasty frog lovers can be their own separate country.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:26:53 pm by verga »
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline aligncare

More empty theater.

Nikki Haley Announces $285 Million Reduction to U.N. Funding

by Breitbart News25 Dec 2017277

Nikki Haley, United States Ambassador to the United Nations (U.N.), announced Sunday night that the federal government has reduced its contribution to the U.N.’s annual budget by 285 million dollars.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,296411.msg1553002.html#msg1553002

@Oceander, Has anyone ever successfully explained something to you? How’d you ever get through law school anyway?

Oceander

Nikki Haley Announces $285 Million Reduction to U.N. Funding

by Breitbart News25 Dec 2017277

Nikki Haley, United States Ambassador to the United Nations (U.N.), announced Sunday night that the federal government has reduced its contribution to the U.N.’s annual budget by 285 million dollars.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,296411.msg1553002.html#msg1553002

@Oceander, Has anyone ever successfully explained something to you? How’d you ever get through law school anyway?

@aligncare

Out of $8 billion in total contributions?  $285 million is almost a rounding error; it’s not even material for accounting purposes.

Empty theater.

Online mountaineer

A start. It lets other nations know where we stand.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Here's a very good article on UN Funding with several very good Charts and graphs included.

https://www.cfr.org/article/funding-united-nations-what-impact-do-us-contributions-have-un-agencies-and-programs

If you read the article you will note that the UN has many budget items one of which is their General Budget and $285 million out of that is going to be felt I'll assure you!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Trump’s detractors puzzle me.  On the one hand they criticize Trump for his theatrics and empty promises, then complain when his actions and results are less than huge, stupendous, earth shattering. Okay, so Trump hasn’t solved world hunger yet. Step at a time, folks. He’ll get to it...

Offline edpc

Okay, so Trump hasn’t solved world hunger yet. Step at a time, folks. He’ll get to it...

Sounds like good news for MacDonald's and KFC stocks.

Offline verga

I will be voting for her when she runs for President in 2020