Author Topic: Trump commutes sentence of meatpacking exec whose plant was targeted in immigration raid  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
President Donald Trump on Wednesday issued his first commutation since taking office, freeing the former CEO of an Iowa kosher meatpacking company.

Sholom Rubashkin, who ran the Iowa headquarters of a family business that was the country's largest kosher meat-processing company, was convicted of money laundering in 2009.

His prosecution came after federal authorities staged a dramatic raid on the company's Iowa plant in 2008, arriving by helicopter and detaining 389 illegal immigrants, including children.

The 57-year-old father of 10 submitted fake invoices to a bank that made Agriprocessors' finances appear healthier than they were so that it could borrow more.

He has served more than eight years of his 27-year sentence.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/21/trump-commutes-sentence-meatpacking-exec-whose-plant-was-targeted-in-immigration-raid.html

If I recall correctly, Rubashkin was caught attempting to flee the country.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well now he can leave
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Very strange choice
Countdown to Resignation

Offline goatprairie

The plant is in Postville, Iowa  not far from where the wife and I live....about seventy miles as the crow flies.  We drove through there one time on an excursion. It was odd to see Hasidic Jews walking around a small midwestern town where usually you only see people of Norwegian or German extraction.
A book "Postville" was written a few years back about the tensions between the local residents and the newcomers.
There are other small towns close by with many new Hispanic residents like Arcadia, Wisconsin that have poultry industries. They do the chicken plucking many local residents used to do but don't want to do anymore. Now you can see stores in Arcadia (which was settled mostly by Polish immigrants) catering to people who speak Spanish.
I'm waiting for a raid on those factories.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:21:24 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The plant in Postville, Iowa is not far from where the wife and I live....about seventy miles as the crow flies.  We drove through there one time on an excursion. It was odd to see Hasidic Jews walking around a small midwestern town where usually you only see people of Norwegian or German extraction.
A book "Postville" was written a few years back about the tensions between the local residents and the newcomers.
There are other small towns close by with many new Hispanic residents like Arcadia, Wisconsin that have poultry industries. They do the chicken plucking many local residents used to do but don't want to do anymore. Now you can see stores in Arcadia (which was settled mostly by Polish immigrants) catering to people who speak Spanish.

I've heard of this book. I'm going to see if my library has it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cripplecreek

I remember the threads from TOS when this first happened. A handful of posters declared innocence by virtue of Judaism and all others were called antisemites. It was a particularly bad case of both immigration and human rights violations as well as some major fraud involved. If I recall correctly a brother had already fled the country taking millions in assets with him.

Trump should be making an example of the businesses and businessmen who encourage illegal immigration into this country, not turning them loose.

Offline aligncare

After his release, the meatpacking executive was greeted by cheers from dozens of family and friends back home in Borough Park, Brooklyn.

You can bet Trump is making inroads among the normally democrat Orthodox Jewish neighborhood of Borough Park. First by naming Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and now by this commutation.

Score another one for the Trumpster!

Offline Cripplecreek

After his release, the meatpacking executive was greeted by cheers from dozens of family and friends back home in Borough Park, Brooklyn.

You can bet Trump is making inroads among the normally democrat Orthodox Jewish neighborhood of Borough Park. First by naming Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and now by this commutation.

Kissing the ass of illegal immigration facilitators and releasing criminals is a small price to pay to win over a few democrats in his home state where he still managed to lose to Clinton.

Offline Suppressed

Yup.  Selling out America for his own personal gain...classic Trump!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline aligncare

That’s an odd comment, clarify.

Offline Suppressed

That’s an odd comment, clarify.

Trump's rewarding of illegal immigration, to grab kudos from some lefties.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cripplecreek

Nobody is guiltier of facilitating and encouraging illegal immigration than crooked businessmen and businesses. Exactly the people Trump treats with kid gloves.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Suppressed
How is Trump gaining from this?    This isn't gonna make the left or NTs like him.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

Nah, this ain't the way to get votes.

Offline corbe

@Suppressed
How is Trump gaining from this?    This isn't gonna make the left or NTs like him.

The only way he's gonna make us Nt'ers happy is to demote VP Pence to a 'Safe Sex' Commission, appoint Sen. Cruz and then RESIGN! 

Anything short of that and us NT'ers will probably continue to be an insufferable lot.  JS

Merry Christmas @driftdiver Glad your here.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:47:26 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

An act of mercy granted by the president at Christmas is a good tradition. Mr. Rubashkin‘s got 10 kids and served 8 years in prison for bank fraud. I’m not sure why his employing illegals bothers you more than the bank fraud, though.

As for Trump’s part, I hope he does manage to break the historical pattern of Jews voting democrat, especially Orthodox Jews, who are natural conservatives and by all reason should be voting Republican.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@aligncare

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
An act of mercy granted by the president at Christmas is a good tradition. Mr. Rubashkin‘s got 10 kids and served 8 years in prison for bank fraud. I’m not sure why his employing illegals bothers you more than the bank fraud, though.

As for Trump’s part, I hope he does manage to break the historical pattern of Jews voting democrat, especially Orthodox Jews, who are natural conservatives and by all reason should be voting Republican.

Served more than 8 years, is hardly "kid gloves." The illegals he helped were working.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mark Knoller‏Verified account @markknoller 3h3 hours ago
 WH says Pres Trump received letters on behalf of Rubashkin from more than 30 members of Congress of both parties, from 3 former US Attorneys General and from former FBI Dir Louis Freeh. Rubashkin previously ran largest US Kosher meat processing co.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not a good move.  If he's serious about illegal immigration, he should act like it.

Offline aligncare

Not a good move.  If he's serious about illegal immigration, he should act like it.

Is there any doubt Donald Trump is serious about illegal immigration?

I don’t think so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Is there any doubt Donald Trump is serious about illegal immigration?

I don’t think so.

Yes, obviously there is doubt.  Not sure why you're asking.

Offline Cripplecreek

Yes, obviously there is doubt.  Not sure why you're asking.

There is no single greater draw for illegals than employment and those are the very people Trump has never made any moves that might anger them.

Offline Frank Cannon

The plant is in Postville, Iowa  not far from where the wife and I live....about seventy miles as the crow flies.  We drove through there one time on an excursion. It was odd to see Hasidic Jews walking around a small midwestern town where usually you only see people of Norwegian or German extraction.

The Hasidics are worse than having the Mafia in your town. They are all corrupt to the core and hide behind their religion for cover. NJ has had some problems with them taking over and fouling up life for the locals. Lakewood comes to mind.     

Offline Suppressed

The Hasidics are worse than having the Mafia in your town. They are all corrupt to the core and hide behind their religion for cover. NJ has had some problems with them taking over and fouling up life for the locals. Lakewood comes to mind.   

:thumbsup:

New York has had similar pronlem. Kiryas Joel  is an example.

There are just certain cultures that are pathological. This one is in that category with Gypsies and Urban African-American thug cultures.
+++++++++