Author Topic: Democrat says Trump tax audit may be tainted by pro-Trump IRS chief  (Read 311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Updated: 1:06 p.m. on Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A top Democratic senator said Wednesday he fears the IRS may be too biased to handle the audit of President Trump’s taxes, saying the fact that the agency is led by an acting commissioner who is also a top Trump political appointee at the main Treasury Department is worrisome.

Sen. Ron Wyden, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, said an agency already roiled by problems of political taint stemming from the tea party targeting needs to be extra careful to avoid conflicts now.

“Yet, we now face a situation where the acting IRS commissioner is concurrently one of the president’s principle tax advisors,” Mr. Wyden wrote in a letter to David Kautter, the man in question.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/20/democrat-trump-tax-audit-may-be-tainted-irs-chief/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Democrat says Trump tax audit may be tainted by pro-Trump IRS chief
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:15:23 pm »
I find it worrisome that this man believes he can think.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Democrat says Trump tax audit may be tainted by pro-Trump IRS chief
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:28:48 pm »
Trump loves to troll tweet, so it’d be fair for him to say ‘Not a smidgen of corruption in my audit!’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.