Author Topic: Pro-Obamacare groups target Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski on 'sneaky repeal'  (Read 560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pro-Obamacare groups target Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski on 'sneaky repeal'
by Kimberly Leonard | Dec 20, 2017, 11:20 AM

The pro-Obamacare group Save my Care is slamming Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine, and Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, for supporting the overhaul of the tax code in a new round of digital ads.

The ads attack Collins and Murkowski for voting in favor of the Republican tax bill that passed shortly after midnight on Wednesday would zero out penalties for Obamacare's individual mandate, which obligates people to buy health insurance or pay a fine. In a release, Save My Care accused the senators of voting for "sneaky repeal" of Obamacare and urge them to resist further efforts to unravel the law.

"She could've stood up for healthcare, but she decided it was more important to stand with Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell and corporate lobbyists," each of the ads say.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pro-obamacare-groups-target-susan-collins-lisa-murkowski-on-sneaky-repeal/article/2644015
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

I am happy to not have to pay that penalty to support other’s healthcare that I do not have myself.  Also thrilled to no longer support the Blue States SALT.   :tongue2:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I must applaud the political skill, to get these Senators on board.

And for the legislation to take steps against Obamacare.

This sausage has been crafted. (Because of my age, experience and wisdom, I pay little attention to the ugly details)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The votes have been cast. Murkowski's not up for re-election until 2022 and Collins, now that she's decided not to run for state office, is in Congress 'til 2020. This is a waste of breath on this special-interest group's part.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024