Author Topic: Nobody Has Seen The Obamacare ‘Stability Deal,’ Probably Because It’ll Make Voters Postal  (Read 718 times)

Online corbe

Nobody Has Seen The Obamacare ‘Stability Deal,’ Probably Because It’ll Make Voters Postal

Senators Susan Collins and Lamar Alexander are apparently engaging in a bidding war over how many billions of taxpayer dollars to spend on corporate welfare to insurance companies.

By Christopher Jacobs   
December 20, 2017

Memo to Rand Paul: It’s time to fire up the copier again.

On Tuesday, the simmering controversy over Obamacare “stability” legislation came to the boil, as conservatives increasingly voiced objections at bailing out Obamacare and giving tens of billions of taxpayer dollars to fund abortion coverage in the process. But the controversy centers around a “deal” of which the precise contents remain a closely guarded secret.

While Democrats deliberated on Obamacare in 2009 and 2010, Republicans frequently attacked the non-transparent process. Then-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) went so far as to call the law’s backroom deals “kind of [a] smelly proposition” that empowered Democratic senators “to extract some special deal for them at the expense of everyone else in the country.”

But at least Democrats (eventually) made the text of the Cornhusker Kickback, Louisiana Purchase, Gator Aid, and other provisions public. For the Obamacare “stability” bill, Senate Republican leaders have yet to indicate exactly what legislation they wish to pass.

Substance and Process Unclear

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/20/nobody-seen-obamacare-stability-deal-probably-itll-make-voters-postal/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Probably right, though our sense of outrage has been diluted by the sheer magnitude of current outrages.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Probably right, though our sense of outrage has been diluted by the sheer magnitude of current outrages.

@Sanguine
As well as the overwhelming number of them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'm outraged that the outrage over the outrage is not more outrageous.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That's a pretty outrageous statement.

Offline libertybele

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How about pass the tax plan first and only then, tackling this topic?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How about pass the tax plan first and only then, tackling this topic?
Well, Pelosi did say you have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024