Author Topic: ‘Never Trump’ Conservatives Soften to President Trump, Hail His Achievements  (Read 19027 times)

Offline skeeter

And all I asked was for him to knock off the High Horse bullshit, it's not helping the tenor of discussion.  Sad.
If the mood here has any wider implications then 2018 will be a rough year. Very bad!

Silver Pines

I suppose it might be too much to ask from the Trump Cheerleading Squad, but can we please stop already with the "never-Trump" epithet employed against anyone who offers the slightest, mildest critique of His Orange Highness?

It's dumb, it's insulting, and it ought to crawl back under the damp rocks that inhabit seamy little propaganda holes like Breitbart.

The fact of the matter is that many of us who don't particularly care for the fellow have been consistent in praising him when he has been right and done good things, and have criticized him when he has been wrong and Tweeted dumb things.

It is true that some Trump critics on the Right cannot seem to bring themselves to praise him for anything - especially elitists like David Frum, who now seems to admire Democrats more than Republicans.

But more to the point - I believe most of us really do deserve to be treated to more than casual insults when we dare to point out that Donny has occasionally, once in a while, every now and then.... been known to, well... defecate the futon.  Cheers!

@andy58-in-nh

It won't stop.  Fair treatment of Trump isn't enough.  For some reason, the most hardcore Trump fans want everyone to be as enthusiastically supportive of him as they are.

I see calls to stop criticizing and get on board and all of that.  For what aim, exactly?  Trump got into the White House...isn't it his job to produce, now?  I don't understand how anonymous criticism on a forum harms his presidency.  I've never seen it explained.

Offline LonestarDream

Good grief, even our posts are starting to read like Trump tweets...

Ya dont say. 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline skeeter

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the mood here has any wider implications then 2018 will be a rough year. Very bad!

A non-Trump supporter starts a post referring to "Trumper" waving pom-poms.  A Trump supporter starts a post boasting of his position atop a High Horse.  Both go on to make very good points, but the points are lost because of the opening snarks.

If we could make our points without taking the opportunity to put the "other side" down, the tenor would improve dramatically, but no.  That's the last bit we need to knock off before we can become a good discussion forum again.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:16:53 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@andy58-in-nh

It won't stop.  Fair treatment of Trump isn't enough.  For some reason, the most hardcore Trump fans want everyone to be as enthusiastically supportive of him as they are.

I see calls to stop criticizing and get on board and all of that.  For what aim, exactly?  Trump got into the White House...isn't it his job to produce, now?  I don't understand how anonymous criticism on a forum harms his presidency.  I've never seen it explained.

The day we stop criticizing the President is the day we become what many of us left:  TOS.  Don't ever stop criticizing, OK?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

A non-Trump supporter starts a post referring to "Trumper" waving pom-poms.  A Trump supporter starts a post boasting of his position atop a High Horse.  Both go on to make very good points, but the points are lost because of the opening snarks.

If we could make our points without taking the opportunity to put the "other side" down, the tenor would improve dramatically, but no.  That's the last bit we need to knock off before we can become a good discussion forum again.

There are some here who obviously pride themselves on their snarking skills.

Seriously, I really wish they'd knock it off. A good snark is unavoidable at times, but several posters do nothing but. It makes it a less pleasant place to visit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:23:03 am by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Oh, cut the crap/nonsense.

We STILL are a "good discussion forum again".

And for crying out loud....will you PLEASE stop auditioning for Moderator?   it's unbecoming.     /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

There are some here who obviously pride themselves on their snarking skills.

Seriously, I really wish they'd knock it off. A good snark is unavoidable at times, but several posters do nothing but. It makes it a less pleasant place to visit.

Well, if you don't like the snark on the threads, I suppose you can always search Cheech and Chong's latest posts, in order to get the quality of posts you crave.   /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

Well, if you don't like the snark on the threads, I suppose you can always search Cheech and Chong's latest posts, in order to get the quality of posts you crave.   /s

On the other hand, I'll grant you there are some who come here specifically for high quality snarks.

BTW the D in DC wouldn't stand for Dave, would it?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:30:45 am by skeeter »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Mark Levin has written/spoken a more convincing set of words, calling lingering #nevertrumps to account.

I listen to Mark Levin fairly often.  On Monday night he was attempting to do just what you describe.

(If you hate Mark Levin and don't view him as an intelligent, experienced, constitutionally literate, conservative voice, then skip the rest of this post!  lol)

Otherwise, on Monday evening (over a couple of segments before and after he played extensive segments of the President's national security speech), he said essentially:

- if you are any kind of conservative...  Reagan conservative, constitutional conservative, whatever flavor of conservative, you should be very pleased with what this President has accomplished in his first year, his first year has to be viewed as a smashing success for conservatives of any stripe.

- When you look at what this man has been accomplishing, what his policies are...  of which I agree with what, 85-90% at this point... this man needs our SUPPORT....  I would like to enourage the people at the Weekly Standard, National Review, WSJ, and these other Never Trump bastions (with some exceptions at each)....  think this through with a Sober Mind....  we NEED this man... you see what he is doing in national security, you see that he is trying to build up national defense, you see that he is trying to secure our nation-state...  you see what he is doing with the judiciary.... you see what he is doing with the economy.....  WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!  WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!

(the above is my recollection, not a verbatim transcript)

there is an audio file in this article that contains parts of Monday evening's show:

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/levin-trump-conservative-president-since-reagan/]
[url]https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/levin-trump-conservative-president-since-reagan/
[/url]

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, cut the crap/nonsense.

We STILL are a "good discussion forum again".

I thought the place had gone all to Hell since we let "them" in?

(I think we're STILL a great discussion forum.  We're getting back to where we were.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I really like you @andy58-in-nh .... but you're totally full of crap.

How many effing insults can YOU type in one reply?

"I'd rather you just say, "Thank You"!    Either way, I don't give a damn!"   .....  Colonel Jessup.
I like you too, but you seem to have a low tolerance for gentle tweaking. That's right - I was trying - in small part - to get a rise out of you Trump supporters not because I think you are completely mistaken in your admiration for The Donald, but because you are so predictably hypersensitive about the guy.

Admit it. He's.... not.... perfect. He acts childishly, sometimes. His lack of governmental knowledge and experience is a handicap. He Tweets before he engages his cerebrum.

But make no mistake. I thank God every day that he won and that Evil Hillary is ensconced in her D.C. digs, growing ever older and angrier. That's my human failing, perhaps; her misery makes me smile.

If I had to give Trump a grade for 2017, it would be a "B-". He did pretty well. He can do better.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LonestarDream

The day we stop criticizing the President is the day we become what many of us left:  TOS.  Don't ever stop criticizing, OK?

I will focus my criticism on Fauxchahotus fraud.  DU is for trashing Trump.

Online DCPatriot

I like you too, but you seem to have a low tolerance for gentle tweaking. That's right - I was trying - in small part - to get a rise out of you Trump supporters not because I think you are completely mistaken in your admiration for The Donald, but because you are so predictably hypersensitive about the guy.

Admit it. He's.... not.... perfect. He acts childishly, sometimes. His lack of governmental knowledge and experience is a handicap. He Tweets before he engages his cerebrum.

But make no mistake. I thank God every day that he won and that Evil Hillary is ensconced in her D.C. digs, growing ever older and angrier. That's my human failing, perhaps; her misery makes me smile.

If I had to give Trump a grade for 2017, it would be a "B-". He did pretty well. He can do better.

:patriot:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will focus my criticism on Fauxchahotus fraud.  DU is for trashing Trump.

I like.  But if/when Trump does something she or Bernie would do, we're both on the front lines, deal?
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

True..but not without calling TBR a pro Trump site or anti Trump which I won't do..TBR is to remain neutral and all politicians are subject to scrutiny.

And that, My wonderful Friend @mystery-ak is why I continue to Donate, Contribute Articles and participate in your Vision, you have indeed achieved something most political websites have failed miserably at.   

Thank You and Merry Christmas to all Briefers, AT and NT alike, you folks have again blessed me with another year of enlightening thoughts and passion, KUDO's!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Lots of bruised egos here .   Sad.

@LonestarDream

Only if the egos are personally wrapped up in politics, which isn't everything.  Don't you agree?

I'll say it again.  The morning after the election, I posted to the Trump supporters here and told you all that I was completely wrong about Trump's chances of winning, that you were right, and that I was going to give him a chance.

Two people gracefully responded.  You weren't one of them.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Actually, *some* of them prefer to tell us to FO and actively try to make things unpleasant.

I was trying to be nice.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LonestarDream

I like.  But if/when Trump does something she or Bernie would do, we're both on the front lines, deal?

Like we should have impeached Reagan over Iran Contra.  Thats the ticket!

So much negative, gotta focus on the good.

Offline Frank Cannon

@LonestarDream

Only if the egos are personally wrapped up in politics, which isn't everything.  Don't you agree?

I'll say it again.  The morning after the election, I posted to the Trump supporters here and told you all that I was completely wrong about Trump's chances of winning, that you were right, and that I was going to give him a chance.

Two people gracefully responded.  You weren't one of them.

Was I one of them?

Silver Pines

@Cyber Liberty

No chance of that happening.  I'll do it whenever he deserves it.  And I'll compliment him when warranted, like today, and say with no problem that the tax cuts are a big success for him, but much more importantly, for the country.   

Silver Pines

Was I one of them?

@Frank Cannon

I think you were passed out in the corner.

Offline LonestarDream

@Frank Cannon

Merry Christmas Catherine

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

I only pretended to be passed out on the corner so I could look up your skirt.