Author Topic: Trump administration asks Supreme Court to prevent detainee from having abortion  (Read 465 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump administration asks Supreme Court to prevent detainee from having abortion
By Lydia Wheeler - 12/19/17 12:00 PM EST

The Trump administration has asked the Supreme Court to intervene and stop one of two undocumented immigrants in federal custody from having an abortion.

A federal district court judge issued a temporary restraining order Monday to stop administration officials from preventing two 17-year-old girls, known in court documents as Jane Roe and Jane Poe, from having the procedures.

But the government right now is only appealing the abortion of Roe, who according to court documents is about 10 weeks pregnant. The government said only that there are “differing circumstances surrounding Ms. Poe’s case.”

more
http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/365606-trump-administration-asks-supreme-court-to-prevent-detainee-from
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump administration asks Supreme Court to prevent detainee from having abortion
By Lydia Wheeler - 12/19/17 12:00 PM EST

The Trump administration has asked the Supreme Court to intervene and stop one of two undocumented immigrants in federal custody from having an abortion.

A federal district court judge issued a temporary restraining order Monday to stop administration officials from preventing two 17-year-old girls, known in court documents as Jane Roe and Jane Poe, from having the procedures.

But the government right now is only appealing the abortion of Roe, who according to court documents is about 10 weeks pregnant. The government said only that there are “differing circumstances surrounding Ms. Poe’s case.”

more
http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/365606-trump-administration-asks-supreme-court-to-prevent-detainee-from

Okay, maybe I should understand this, but I don't.

I don't want anybody to have an abortion but why single out this case?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Okay, maybe I should understand this, but I don't.

I don't want anybody to have an abortion but why single out this case?

Because it is HUGELY important!  A rogue federal judge is trying to force US to pay for abortions for people in this country illegally!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Because it is HUGELY important!  A rogue federal judge is trying to force US to pay for abortions for people in this country illegally!

Thanks.  Now I understand.  Guess I should have read the article instead of waiting for someone to explain it to me.

I don't think the U.S. Govt should pay for sex change operations either.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You're on a roll today @Bigun    :thumbsup:

Offline anubias

Thanks.  Now I understand.  Guess I should have read the article instead of waiting for someone to explain it to me.

I don't think the U.S. Govt should pay for sex change operations either.

Easy to miss as the author used the term “illegal immigrant” as opposed to “illegal alien”.  The girl is one of those kids that were sent here under Obama to get more democrat voters.  We should just send her ass back home to her country and let them find her parents to deal with it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If born in the US, the children will be US native born citizens, as our rules now stand.

As minors, they could sponsor their otherwise illegal alien mothers, to have legal residency status.

Then they can all get on public assistance.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If born in the US, the children will be US native born citizens, as our rules now stand.

As minors, they could sponsor their otherwise illegal alien mothers, to have legal residency status.

Then they can all get on public assistance.

Wrong! Wrong! and Wrong!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien