Author Topic: Senate to vote on final tax bill Tuesday evening: McConnell  (Read 333 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate to vote on final tax bill Tuesday evening: McConnell
« on: December 19, 2017, 04:55:51 pm »
#Politics
December 19, 2017 / 9:19 AM / Updated 2 hours ago
Senate to vote on final tax bill Tuesday evening: McConnell

Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate will vote on final tax legislation on Tuesday evening, Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said, potentially allowing President Donald Trump to sign the bill into law as early as Wednesday.

“Congress is standing at the doorstep of a historic opportunity,” McConnell said on the floor of the Senate as he announced the vote’s timing.

The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on the same legislation at 1:30 p.m. EST (1830 GMT). If both chambers of Congress pass the bill, Trump will be able to meet his goal of signing it into law before Christmas.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-senate/senate-to-vote-on-final-tax-bill-tuesday-evening-mcconnell-idUSKBN1ED1YJ
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Senate to vote on final tax bill Tuesday evening: McConnell
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 05:08:51 pm »
Then, the day after Christmas.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 06:18:13 pm »
So, in AZ, this is how my two Republican Senators stack up:  I am only represented by one Senator, Flake, who has yet to announce how he'll vote.  McCain, because he's clinging to power until the minute he passes, is in AZ, and is therefore a no vote, which means he's a "No" vote. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 06:26:42 pm »
Let's see how much drama can be ginned up before they do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien