Author Topic: How This Rock Star And His Televangelist Wife Influence The White House  (Read 468 times)

Offline corbe

How This Rock Star And His Televangelist Wife Influence The White House

Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain met controversial pastor Paula White by chance. Now the rock star applauds his wife's role as chaplain to President Trump.

By Josh Shepherd   
December 18, 2017

Linger at any karaoke bar worldwide, past the crooning of current hits by Bruno Mars or Beyoncé, and inevitably one will hear a signature keyboard riff. It leads into a high-tenor opening line few singers can hit, though many try: “Just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world / She took the midnight train going anywhere.”

Used by political campaigns and sports teams for decades, the rock ballad “Don’t Stop Believin’” has become the most downloaded track of the twentieth century, according to iTunes. First recorded in 1981 by arena rock band Journey, co-writer Jonathan Cain says the chorus hook came when he was a struggling musician back in the 1970s.

“I was doing poorly in Hollywood and had a lot of rejection,” says Cain. “I was thinking of coming back home to Chicago, and my father said those words to me: ‘Don’t stop believing, Jon.’ I wrote that down in a notebook and brought it with me to San Francisco.”

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/18/rock-star-televangelist-wife-influence-white-house/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: How This Rock Star And His Televangelist Wife Influence The White House
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:03:35 pm »
Interesting. It's kinda funny how musicians say "I don't want to get involved in politics" but rushed to Obama and Clinton's side.
Countdown to Resignation