Author Topic: 5 Things Women Do That Secretly Annoy Men  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

5 Things Women Do That Secretly Annoy Men
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:49:12 pm »
5 Things Women Do That Secretly Annoy Men
PJ Media, Dec 16, 2017, John Hawkins 

Ladies, have you ever had a person that you care about but he has this annoying habit that grinds your nerves?

Since you're an open and honest human being, you want to talk to him about it, but the one time you alluded to it before, he got all huffy about it. Now, you don't want to bring it up because you're thinking it'll turn into this whole, big thing. So, since he’s a great person, you just ignore it even though you really wish he'd stop doing it. Well, it just may be possible that you're doing something very similar to some of the men in your life. Too harsh? Okay, maybe not YOU, but your loud friend, you know -- the one that doesn't have a lot of tact? She may be doing some of these things and by reading this article, you may be able to help her with things like...

More: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2012/8/23/5-things-women-do-that-secretly-annoy-men

Re: 5 Things Women Do That Secretly Annoy Men
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »
"Secretly"???   88devil

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 03:54:50 pm »
Wear yoga pants or workout tights everywhere and get disgusted if a guy stares. You're wearing something form-fitting to your assets and if we glance over, we're the pigs? Please. Can you imagine how many gals would glance over if I walked around in a codpiece? "But... it's COMFORTABLE!!!"
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »
I do not have many complaints about women, most of whom I find perfectly agreeable.

One small issue, though.

I am thoroughly convinced that cell phones were invented so that women would never have to stop talking.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 04:16:17 pm »
I do not have many complaints about women, most of whom I find perfectly agreeable.

One small issue, though.

I am thoroughly convinced that cell phones were invented so that women would never have to stop talking.

888high58888

I wish the little darlings had a switch. I looked, I can’t find one.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 04:16:32 pm »

One small issue, though.

I think anyone who talks on a cell phone all the time is crazy (men do it too).   I see people out for walks on beautiful days with their ears glued to phones.  I see all kinds of bad drivers who do stupid things, or drive erratically or at variable speeds, or don't take off at green lights, because they're on their phones.   I despise people who talk loudly on cell phones in public places, like stores and airports (many times trying to impress people with how important they are).

I hate talking on the phone, but when others' addiction to cell phones get in my way, I get very annoyed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »
Wear yoga pants or workout tights everywhere and get disgusted if a guy stares. You're wearing something form-fitting to your assets and if we glance over, we're the pigs? Please. Can you imagine how many gals would glance over if I walked around in a codpiece? "But... it's COMFORTABLE!!!"

I confess.  I would look.   :smokin:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 04:20:49 pm »
When I saw the article I knew their #4 had to be listed.

If studies were done, I would venture a guess that women  talk 3X - 5X more than men.   

Ladies.....   why does it take a 100 words to explain something that can be said with 10 words?

And yes, I expect to be flamed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:46:51 pm »

One small issue, though.

I thought cell phones were invented so guys would never have to talk to strangers, they can pretend to be glancing at their phones.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 04:49:17 pm »

If studies were done, I would venture a guess that women  talk 3X - 5X more than men.   

Ladies.....   why does it take a 100 words to explain something that can be said with 10 words?

You Talk Too Much

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 04:57:21 pm »
I thought cell phones were invented so guys would never have to talk to strangers, they can pretend to be glancing at their phones.
That works even better if you keep the phone turned off, so you don't have to answer a call, either.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »

One small issue, though.

Agree. While some of the stuff in the article is familiar its no big deal.

BUT as long as we're on the subject - one thing that annoys me to no end is the automatic assumption by females I'm close to is that men are idiots because they're periodically confused by the female thought process. They're just as often confused by our own but I don't (dare) immediately assume its because they're stupid.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 05:04:03 pm »
I think anyone who talks on a cell phone all the time is crazy (men do it too).   I see people out for walks on beautiful days with their ears glued to phones.  I see all kinds of bad drivers who do stupid things, or drive erratically or at variable speeds, or don't take off at green lights, because they're on their phones.   I despise people who talk loudly on cell phones in public places, like stores and airports (many times trying to impress people with how important they are).

I hate talking on the phone, but when others' addiction to cell phones get in my way, I get very annoyed.
I go walking quite a bit at a really lovely local park that has lots of walking trails. One day I saw this 30-ish woman wearing what appeared to me to be some rather high end workout clothing and expensive running shoes, a sports visor.  But what was she doing?

She was meandering along, walking at a snail’s pace, actually in the middle of the walking path, her face buried in her cell phone. I could have chalked it up to her having to answer a call or important txt but I passed her no less than four times as I did my 4 mile walk.

OTOH, as I was walking one beautiful spring morning, I passed by this very young man sitting on one of the park benches.  I was shocked at what he was doing….he was reading a book!
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 05:20:03 pm »
The talking thing has been immortalized in a great song by John Prine, "Angel from Montgomery":

But how the hell can a person
 Go to work in the mornin'
 And come home in the evenin'
 And have nothin' to say

I have to say, I've wondered the same thing from time to time... :pondering:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 07:52:41 pm »

Not flaming because it's true, but the real question is...

Why do you men have so little to talk about.  Are your brains empty?   :smokin:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »
I go walking quite a bit at a really lovely local park that has lots of walking trails. One day I saw this 30-ish woman wearing what appeared to me to be some rather high end workout clothing and expensive running shoes, a sports visor.  But what was she doing?

She was meandering along, walking at a snail’s pace, actually in the middle of the walking path, her face buried in her cell phone. I could have chalked it up to her having to answer a call or important txt but I passed her no less than four times as I did my 4 mile walk.

OTOH, as I was walking one beautiful spring morning, I passed by this very young man sitting on one of the park benches.  I was shocked at what he was doing….he was reading a book!

The women in my family would be the ones exercising hard and reading a book when taking a break.

I have NO idea why some women talk on the phone so much.

I usually chalk it up to lack of intellect or constructive things to do....... or perhaps insecurity.

Whatever it is, many of us women don't understand those other women.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 08:05:35 pm »
Reminds me of the Bill Engvall Routine:

I was at the gym the other day working out with my buddy. My buddy Joey.

And he goes "hey, man, I'm getting a divorce."

I said "Wow, that sucks. Can you spot me?"

That was our whole conversation!

So then I go home to my wife, and I say "Hey, Joey is getting a divorce."

She goes "Oh, my God! What happened?"

"I dunno."

"What do you mean you don't know? Is she cheating on him, is he cheating on her?"

"Again, I'm not holding anything back here, I don't know!"

She goes "Bill, someone tells you they're getting a divorce and you don't ask any questions?"

And I go "Well, that's because he didn't ask me a question! He didn't say 'hey Bill, what do you think about me getting a divorce?', he said, 'I'm getting a divorce', which said to me, 'I require no further input on your part.'"

If he had said 'What do you think about me getting a divorce?', I'd have said, 'Well, you're gonna be dating again, so you should work on your abs'.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 08:12:36 pm »

Ladies.....   why does it take a 100 words to explain something that can be said with 10 words? ... 

To varying degrees men are linear thinkers ---- and just to keep things interesting ---- to varying degrees women are circular thinkers.     

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 08:18:16 pm »
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:21:04 pm by Blizzardnh »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »
Two guys at the bar. One announces to the other, “I’m getting married! I’m tired of dirty dishes, cold meals, no one around to talk to, and especially not having any sex!”

Friend turns to him says, “That’s funny. I’m getting divorced for the same reasons.”

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 09:33:34 pm »

Why do you men have so little to talk about.  Are your brains empty?   :smokin:

YES. When you ask me what I'm thinking about and I say 'nothing', that is exactly what I mean. Women cannot seem to understand the 'idle circuit' that men possess... and they certainly can't stand it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 09:38:42 pm »
Eating off my plate. It seems to be inevitable. And I think they do it on purpose just to prove they can get away with it.
I swear, one day, she'll be pulling back a stump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 09:41:02 pm »
YES. When you ask me what I'm thinking about and I say 'nothing', that is exactly what I mean. Women cannot seem to understand the 'idle circuit' that men possess... and they certainly can't stand it.

I wouldn't exactly be proud of having an "idle circuit" were I you.....   ^-^

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 09:45:25 pm »
And the whole toilet seat thing... I think women wouldn't like it very much if men actually DID leave the toilet seat down.

Unintended consequences.

The politeness in a man reminds him to lift it UP.