Author Topic: What if Jeff Sessions is not asleep, but instead playing possum?  (Read 745 times)

Offline endicom

What if Jeff Sessions is not asleep, but instead playing possum?
« on: December 15, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »
American Thinker
Brian C. Joondeph
Dec. 15, 2017

Conventional wisdom is that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asleep at the wheel – from recusing himself unnecessarily from the Trump-Russia collusion investigation to doing nothing about the politicization and weaponization of the Department of Justice.  He also gave free rein to his deputy A.G., Rod Rosenstein, who is in turn allowing Special Counsel Robert Mueller unlimited time, money, and jurisdiction to investigate President Trump's entire life.

Last summer, Trump expressed disappointment in Sessions, calling him "beleaguered," wondering why Sessions wasn't looking into Hillary Clinton's emails and true election chicanery.  Rudy Giuliani was floated as a possible replacement.  Was Trump truly upset, or was this a calculated head fake?

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/what_if_jeff_sessions_is_not_asleep_but_instead_playing_possum.html

Offline endicom

Re: What if Jeff Sessions is not asleep, but instead playing possum?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »
That Sessions may be playing the long game is not a new thought. If the OIG investigation goes well then that will support the notion.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 02:22:04 pm »
It's a nice thought. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:33:21 pm »
It's a nice thought.

Better than living in a constant state of WTF? Let's hope for the best.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 02:34:08 pm »
The cover does seem to be slowly coming off. I don't think the MSM alone would allow it, there must be some motive force behind the scenes.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
That Sessions may be playing the long game is not a new thought. If the OIG investigation goes well then that will support the notion.

What keeps coming to my mind is that Sessions is a very very loyal person.  Thats one that that I've always heard.   

The question that comes to mind is who is he loyal too?   Before Trump he was loyal to the GOP.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 02:42:02 pm »
What keeps coming to my mind is that Sessions is a very very loyal person.  Thats one that that I've always heard.   

The question that comes to mind is who is he loyal too?   Before Trump he was loyal to the GOP.
Loyal to the GOP, or just clueless, like in this comment?

But other Republicans said they would vote for Mr. Holder despite his acknowledged mistakes. Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »
Loyal to the GOP, or just clueless, like in this comment?

But other Republicans said they would vote for Mr. Holder despite his acknowledged mistakes. Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html

And that very vote allowing Eric "the red" Holder to run our DOJ for 8 years has wrought what we now face.  The Obama administration turned this country into a banana republic just as they intended from the start.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien