Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 89927 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
Interesting to see that so many here don't find it disturbing that someone no Conservative would remotely want in office has been elected, propelled into office by a wave of absolute tabloid level sewage.

It doesn't bother people here that a man's good name has been repeatedly and continuously sullied on the basis of shaky allegations which have been shown to be false or to be based on falsified materials, questionable allegations that date back to the Carter Administration. Some of you have carried the firebrand even here, calling for more wood around the stake.

Yet not one of you was howling for the prosecution of Hillary's well known, well documented, and lucrative crimes affecting National Security not ten years ago.
It puts a new spin on "If it bleeds it leads", not that Hillary hasn't blood on her hands.

That the presumption of innocence has been so readily discarded to gleefully attack a man who has stood in the breach for traditional marriage to the point he lost a prestigious job over it, by people who claim to support the Constitution is a disturbing development, indeed.

The Democrats (Yes, Virginia, there was not one Republican among his accusers and their repeater broadcast network at WaPo), the MSM who played the same 24/7 stuff until people mumbled it in their sleep using the same buzzwords as the Media, and Mitch McConnell, all too happy to throw Moore umder the buss because his buddy didn't get the nomination.

And, yes, the GOPe, who just didn't want Moore privy to the stuff they do in DC because he's the kind of guy who has a track record for standing up for what he thinks is right, and that might not play well with the Kings of K Street.

But even more, I must credit the suckers of America, the great people who believe what they hear and see on teevee, who buy overpriced stuff shown on late-night half hour commercials and give the extra one as a gift (just pay an extra fee, 'cause shipping is free). It is the gullible of America who will conquer this country from within, who (once again) have raised  their heads from whatever picture book they and sounding out the captions and spewed an opinion that would keep the inevitable fickle finger of national attention pointed somewhere else, so their secretary doesn't twist off in a fit of pique and expose a stray pat or touch and claim she, too, has been wronged and the offender should hang after a fast trial by allegation in the court of public opinion.

If this is the world you want, it is the world you get.
When the day comes, stand proudly in front of your Creator and receive the reward you so richly deserve.

In the meantime the slaughter of innocents will continue unopposed, in fact, supported by the new guy from Alabama, and even one here who brays often about being proud voting for the most pro life president, etc, stood in opposition to the candidate who would have fought for the unborn to have something other than an express ticket to the waste bin or a human parts supply house.

For those of you gloating over this loss, you lose, too. The veil has been ripped from your hypocrisy. You don't want Constitutional Government, You don't want a Republic,  nor the protections of a presumption of innocence--you want mob rule, and blood in the streets. A chicken in every pot and some SOB hanging from every lamppost. You are one step closer to getting your wish. When things have finally degraded to be as they were in the times of Noah, we'll see what trumps what. Opinions won't matter in the face of His wrath.

:amen: :amen: :amen: We are seeing the result of allowing the government to "educate" or children and we are reaping the whirlwind as a result!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2017, 02:37:42 pm »
Roy Moore lost because FAR too many have now been brainwashed in public schools

Are these the same public schools that Roy trolls for trim?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #502 on: December 13, 2017, 02:38:59 pm »
Are these the same public schools that Roy trolls for trim?

Go play in the street Frank!   Roy Moore was Cained and you damned well know it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #503 on: December 13, 2017, 02:39:44 pm »
You can't make this stuff up: :silly:

WTG Alabama......

Enjoy your congratulatory tweet from a Certified Idiot on an inbred looking cretin winning the election.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #504 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:13 pm »
No way.  I listened to Breitbart radio for a few minutes this morning out of curiousity, and he was on and unrepentant.

Of course.  Worked for him either way.  Moore wins and he says 'See, I told you we can do this!'  Moore loses and it's 'See, I told you McConnell would stop this!'
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #505 on: December 13, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »
For those of you gloating over this loss, you lose, too. The veil has been ripped from your hypocrisy. You don't want Constitutional Government, You don't want a Republic,  nor the protections of a presumption of innocence--you want mob rule, and blood in the streets.

Bullshit.  It was the supporters of Constitutional Government and the rule of law who recognized the danger of a self-styled nihilist like Roy Moore. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Hoodat

« Reply #506 on: December 13, 2017, 02:45:41 pm »
A few posters here owe @CatherineofAragon an apology.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #507 on: December 13, 2017, 02:46:28 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #508 on: December 13, 2017, 02:47:14 pm »
Roy Moore lost because FAR too many have now been brainwashed in public schools and have exactly NO idea how this once great republic was designed to work!

In my professional work career (35 years or so), I can remember about 20 or so women, who allegedly climbed the corporate ladder via their feminine sexuality.

Maybe its time to re-direct the "Me-Too" focus on these wenches.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #509 on: December 13, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »
Bullshit.  It was the supporters of Constitutional Government and the rule of law who recognized the danger of a self-styled nihilist like Roy Moore. 

@Jazzhead
Says the guy who is ok with nihlist as long as they support his agenda.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #510 on: December 13, 2017, 02:49:25 pm »
We can blame the media, blame the GOPe, blame the Democrat slime machine, etc.  Bottom line: Moore was not a good candidate.  He took his handlers' advice and laid low for the last several weeks of the campaign, and that (plus Shelby's rejection) cost him the election.  If Moore was the anti-establishment bulwark he was made out to be, he would have been on the campaign trail giving them hell.  Instead, it seemed like every time he or his wife opened their mouths, stupidity came out.

Trump also looks bad today.  He tried to save Moore, and now Trump has egg all over his face.  I don't doubt that the price of Trump's endorsement was that Moore STFU for the remainder of the campaign, and that was not very good advice.  Voters do not trust candidates who avoid going out and seeing them.  The same thing happened to Hitlery in 2016.

goopo
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #511 on: December 13, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »
Go play in the street Frank!   Roy Moore was Cained and you damned well know it!

LOL. Roy Moore is a moral degenerate, thinks the Constitution is junk, is a religious zealot of the order of your average muslim rag head and a fairly stupid person who just lost in one of the reddest red states around.......and you are still defending him?

For Christ sakes his dim bulb half wit wife said in public yesterday that they were not bigots because one of their lawyers was Jewish. The Moores deserve to be flushed down the toilet, not defended. 

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #512 on: December 13, 2017, 02:50:39 pm »

Roy does look sad this morning.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #513 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:43 pm »
Interesting to see that so many here don't find it disturbing that someone no Conservative would remotely want in office has been elected, propelled into office by a wave of absolute tabloid level sewage.

It doesn't bother people here that a man's good name has been repeatedly and continuously sullied on the basis of shaky allegations which have been shown to be false or to be based on falsified materials, questionable allegations that date back to the Carter Administration. Some of you have carried the firebrand even here, calling for more wood around the stake.

Yet not one of you was howling for the prosecution of Hillary's well known, well documented, and lucrative crimes affecting National Security not ten years ago.
It puts a new spin on "If it bleeds it leads", not that Hillary hasn't blood on her hands.

That the presumption of innocence has been so readily discarded to gleefully attack a man who has stood in the breach for traditional marriage to the point he lost a prestigious job over it, by people who claim to support the Constitution is a disturbing development, indeed.

The Democrats (Yes, Virginia, there was not one Republican among his accusers and their repeater broadcast network at WaPo), the MSM who played the same 24/7 stuff until people mumbled it in their sleep using the same buzzwords as the Media, and Mitch McConnell, all too happy to throw Moore umder the buss because his buddy didn't get the nomination.

And, yes, the GOPe, who just didn't want Moore privy to the stuff they do in DC because he's the kind of guy who has a track record for standing up for what he thinks is right, and that might not play well with the Kings of K Street.

But even more, I must credit the suckers of America, the great people who believe what they hear and see on teevee, who buy overpriced stuff shown on late-night half hour commercials and give the extra one as a gift (just pay an extra fee, 'cause shipping is free). It is the gullible of America who will conquer this country from within, who (once again) have raised  their heads from whatever picture book they and sounding out the captions and spewed an opinion that would keep the inevitable fickle finger of national attention pointed somewhere else, so their secretary doesn't twist off in a fit of pique and expose a stray pat or touch and claim she, too, has been wronged and the offender should hang after a fast trial by allegation in the court of public opinion.

If this is the world you want, it is the world you get.
When the day comes, stand proudly in front of your Creator and receive the reward you so richly deserve.

In the meantime the slaughter of innocents will continue unopposed, in fact, supported by the new guy from Alabama, and even one here who brays often about being proud voting for the most pro life president, etc, stood in opposition to the candidate who would have fought for the unborn to have something other than an express ticket to the waste bin or a human parts supply house.

For those of you gloating over this loss, you lose, too. The veil has been ripped from your hypocrisy. You don't want Constitutional Government, You don't want a Republic,  nor the protections of a presumption of innocence--you want mob rule, and blood in the streets. A chicken in every pot and some SOB hanging from every lamppost. You are one step closer to getting your wish. When things have finally degraded to be as they were in the times of Noah, we'll see what trumps what. Opinions won't matter in the face of His wrath.

@Smokin Joe
I know I'm paranoid but I wonder how many of these people are who they say.  How many are real people, real conservatives or even real Americans.  We know the left uses paid trolls and bots to manipulate social media.  We also know there is no low they will not go to in order to further their agenda.  They have virtually unlimited funding supporting their global agenda and nothing else to do.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #514 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:52 pm »
@Sighlass

Bullshit. 

First of all, I’m not a Republican.  I called myself a conservative up until this mess, but I’m done with that after watching conservatives turn off their brains, put on blinders, throw common decency out the window, and in some cases, let their deep-seated dislike/contempt for women out into the light.  All in order to support a creepy, weird, morally bankrupt child molester.   My beliefs are the same, but conservatism is dead,  and the evangelical church is deeply sick.

Child molester—-was that caterwaul loud enough?   If not, I can up the volume.   

@mystery-ak wasn’t pinged by me or anyone else to post more anti-Moore articles.  For the love of God, stop making everything a conspiracy.  Myst posts right down the middle, pro and con whatever the issue.  Anyway, what makes you think she could be bullied by someone not happy about her posting?

Y’all can’t even see it, but you’ve become Free Republic and you’ve become exactly like hardcore Trumpists....blaming everybody except yourself (especially those who wouldn’t dump their principles),  spitting with rage.  You sound exactly like those TOS morons today.  Moore losing just couldn’t be because reasonable people believed the credible accusations.  As Breitbart has it , “REPUBLICAN SABOTEURS FLIP SEAT TO DEMS.”  Congrats, guys, you’re right in step!

You ain’t blaming this crapshow on me or on the few others who wouldn’t shut up about Moore.  There’s now another left winger in the Senate because Alabama went for the worst possible Republican candidate. 

Should be very simple lessons...don’t pretend it’s normal for a 30 year old to hang out at recitals trolling for teenagers.  Don’t dismiss credible child molestation charges.  If you’re sounding too much like TOS and Breitbart, check yourself because it’s a serious red flag.

Oh, and don’t ride a horse to the polling place dressed like a cowboy because you look like a damn embarrassing dork.
In your rush to judgement, kindly don't claim to be a conservative. It doesn't fit. You have, from the start, attacked Roy Moore as if the spurious and decades old allegations against him were gospel, despite the obvious signs that they were not. Despite later shown testimony and evidence they were not. When challenged to produce sources you replied that you were too busy to do others' research for them, but failed to provide your sources. You were not, however too damned busy to spend a crazy number of paragraphs decrying Roy Moore.
For those of us who are Conservatives, the 'hit' on Roy Moore was obvious. The motivation was obvious. The two big issues for him (when he stood up to the Federal Judges trying to legislate from the bench) were the sanctity of marriage and the Ten Commandments monument. Those mean nothing to you. In both cases, he refused to comply with orders which, in one case did not even apply to him or his office.

But no, come forth the allegers, with Gloria Allred waving an altered signature, claiming that during the Carter Administration Roy Moore supposedly engaged in activity with someone under the legal age of consent. How many?

ONE, and only one who claimed he had done any thing with her below the age of consent, and then not even sex, just heavy petting. If I thought that was true, I'd have stood against Moore, myself, but I find, especially in the face of revelations that the girl had a troubled past, didn't live where she supposedly was picked up, and was not credible, nor, for that matter were the allegations of the other person who claimed Moore had been too forward (not a rapist, and she above the age of consent) but who it was disclosed didn't work where she said she had worked, where Moore didn't go to eat, and who even described the layout in exquisite detail but completely wrong. No, I found no credibility in that, furthermore, a little more digging disclosed that these women were serious Democrat supporters.

As for not dating those whose substance abuse problems were reaching their zenith, who had a string of kids behind them, maybe a couple of divorces, or who were for whatever reason unsuitable as a mate, I don't blame Roy Moore at all. That left older women with the same dypsomania, more mileage, and more issues, or younger ones who had none of those problems. Your inflammatory and pejorative statement about cruising dance recitals is out of line, duly noted, and just one more reason that in the past months your opinion has become meaningless to me. If you are looking for work, let me recommend writing for CNN. You'd fit right in, unless there is someone in your past who might today, 50 years later, find your touch offensive in retrospect who can get you canned.

You have ignored facts, refused to even view exculpatory data, refused to provide sources, and taken up the standard against a man whose rulings in court and positions have been staunchly Conservative. Please, don't further your hypocrisy by calling yourself "conservative".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #515 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:18 pm »
Read four pages of crap about Moore on this thread this morning and have come to the conclusion that was similar to the arguments in the last election. to wit: Just like if you didn't like Trump it was a vote for Shillery; in this one because of all the allegation (whether you believe them or not) Moore has to be guilty so vote for a radical leftist DimWit.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #516 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:42 pm »
LOL. Roy Moore is a moral degenerate, thinks the Constitution is junk, is a religious zealot of the order of your average muslim rag head and a fairly stupid person who just lost in one of the reddest red states around.......and you are still defending him?

For Christ sakes his dim bulb half wit wife said in public yesterday that they were not bigots because one of their lawyers was Jewish. The Moores deserve to be flushed down the toilet, not defended.

@Frank Cannon
You've had some outstandingly stupid posts but this one outdoes them all.

Silver Pines

« Reply #517 on: December 13, 2017, 02:56:29 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

:amen: :patriot: 888high58888 :beer:

@LMAO   @Jazzhead

Thanks, but I’m just very pessimistic about the future of conservatism.

Just heard Jonah Goldberg say that Bannon doesn’t understand there is no Trumpism without Trump.  He keeps trying to make these fringe pseudo-Trump characters happen, but it doesn’t work. 
He isn’t the type who’ll bow out gracefully, but hopefully his influence is done.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #518 on: December 13, 2017, 02:57:14 pm »
Do you honestly think that senators would be willing to investigate 40 year old activities of a senator? We could go back 40 years on anyone if that was allowed.

Yes, @Restored there would have been an Ethics Committee investigation;  not only to get rid of Moore but to grease the skids for the President.

Now the voters have decided in Alabama, just as the voters decided in 2016.  Game, set, match.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #520 on: December 13, 2017, 02:59:47 pm »
A few posters here owe @CatherineofAragon an apology.

The same way they owed me an apology in November @Hoodat ?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #521 on: December 13, 2017, 03:02:14 pm »
One things for sure, conservatives cannot work together.  Throw out anything, no matter how weak or even an outright lie and they'll tear each other apart.  Nobody is perfect enough for them and they'd rather lose then have  an imperfect candidate win.

A bigger bunch of fools hasn't been gathered in one place since Chamberlain gave his speech.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #522 on: December 13, 2017, 03:02:35 pm »
@LMAO   @Jazzhead

Thanks, but I’m just very pessimistic about the future of conservatism.

Just heard Jonah Goldberg say that Bannon doesn’t understand there is no Trumpism without Trump.  He keeps trying to make these fringe pseudo-Trump characters happen, but it doesn’t work. 
He isn’t the type who’ll bow out gracefully, but hopefully his influence is done.

Yeah, and he also said that Bannon had nothing to do with the AL election. Guess you forgot the "K Street Rainmaker" quote.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #523 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:19 pm »
One things for sure, conservatives cannot work together.  Throw out anything, no matter how weak or even an outright lie and they'll tear each other apart.  Nobody is perfect enough for them and they'd rather lose then have  an imperfect candidate win.

A bigger bunch of fools hasn't been gathered in one place since Chamberlain gave his speech.

Seems everything since November 2016 has been an utter CF.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #524 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:30 pm »

Bullshit Frank!  ALL you know about Roy Moore is what the subversive media has told you!  Roy has forgotten more about our Constitution than you and many others here will EVER know!

- J. R. R. Tolkien