Author Topic: Mario Batali Steps Away From Restaurant Empire Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations  (Read 1340 times)

Offline mountaineer

Mario Batali Steps Away From Restaurant Empire Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Four women accuse the chef of inappropriate touching in a pattern of behavior that spans at least two decades, according to dozens of Eater interviews
by Irene Plagianos and Kitty Greenwald
 Dec 11, 2017, 8:01am EST

About 10 years ago, at the after-party for a wine auction in New Orleans, a woman in her 20s walked up to Mario Batali to introduce herself. As a chef, she was excited to meet one of the most revered figures in the restaurant industry. When they started talking, she recalls, she realized that he’d been drinking and he became what she characterized as “creepy” — “just giving me this provocative, icky feeling.”

Minutes into their conversation, she recalls, he told her, “Come work for me, I’ll pay you double what you’re making.” Moments later, someone bumped her glass, spilling wine all over her chest and down her scooped-neck shirt. She alleges that Batali began rubbing her breasts with his bare hands while saying something like, “Let me help you with that,” as he groped her chest. “He just went to town, and I was so shocked,” the chef says. “Jaw on the ground, I just stepped back from him in utter disgust and walked away.”

The chef is one of four women who allege that Batali touched them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that appears to span at least two decades.    ... 

...  ABC, where Batali has co-hosted the daytime show The Chew since 2011, has also asked the chef to step away from the show “while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention,” a spokesperson said.

Batali did not deny all the allegations, saying that they “match up” with ways he has behaved.    ... Rest of story at Eater
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mirraflake

The food industry is rift with sexual abuse.....from the dishwashers up to the chefs. Always has been.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Amazing how many ultra virtuous women, angels even, have been abused by all these despicable men.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

I thought he was homosexual.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Amazing how many ultra virtuous women, angels even, have been abused by all these despicable men.

That's a dumb statement. 

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I thought he was homosexual.

No he's married to one of the daughters of the guy who founded Coach
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Michelle Obama's Mirror - Another Croc Drops

...  Expect more alligators to slither out of the swamp and more crocs to drop. It’s quite possible that even Lady M was touched by this scandal.

Monday, Mario stepped away from the business venture he owns with Lidia and Joe Bastianich, Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group, which also now owns and operates Team-MOTUS’ favorite Big Apple eatery, Felidia.  ...

You might want to rethink this look, sausage necklaces are sooo last administration   ...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I have an interesting story I'll tell one day from the 2004 RNC and a group of us going (trying to go) to his restaurant. Needless to say, he is not a decent person.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I have an interesting story I'll tell one day from the 2004 RNC and a group of us going (trying to go) to his restaurant. Needless to say, he is not a decent person.

He's a major lib and Obama supporter.  He wouldn't like the RNC
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

Michelle Obama's Mirror - Another Croc Drops

Who’s that in the middle with the clown shoes dressed in bright red?

Offline Frank Cannon

Mario Batali Steps Away From Restaurant

Fake news. A man that morbidly obese never steps away from anything food related.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
I have an interesting story I'll tell one day from the 2004 RNC and a group of us going (trying to go) to his restaurant.

@AbaraXas

! No longer available
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:34:52 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline aligncare

Mario Batali Steps Away From Restaurant

Fake news. A man that morbidly obese never steps away from anything food related.

More like waddled away from restaurant.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And now, another chef is in trouble: https://www.eater.com/2017/12/12/16768790/johnny-iuzzini-sexual-harassment-jean-georges

I don't know whom most of these people are, I only saw it in the news.

Offline mountaineer

Jules‏Verified account @jules_su

Hi guys, it’s 2017 and Mario Batali just apologized for sexual harassment AND gave a recipe for Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls all in one email.

:silly:

Offline mountaineer

Walmart, Target to drop Mario Batali’s products
By Michael Bartiromo, Fox News
December 16, 2017 | 9:37am

Both Walmart and Target have announced plans to drop Mario Batali-branded products from stores following accusations of sexual harassment against the celebrity chef.

“The recent sexual misconduct allegations against Mario Batali are unacceptable,” said Walmart in a statement obtained by Fox News. “We’re ending our relationship with Batali and will discontinue our business with his brand.”

Target came to a similar decision on Thursday, announcing that it would no longer be carrying any of Batali’s sauces or cookbooks online. The retailer also confirmed that it is in the process of pulling Batali’s sauces from store shelves, Eater reports.  ...   More at New York Post