Author Topic: Why the #MeToo Moment Should Be Ready for a Backlash  (Read 988 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why the #MeToo Moment Should Be Ready for a Backlash
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:17:16 pm »
 Why the #MeToo Moment Should Be Ready for a Backlash

As a much-needed reckoning happens in the workplace, look to college campuses for a note of caution.

By EMILY YOFFE

December 10, 2017

In the final five years of his presidency, Barack Obama’s administration undertook a worthy and bold challenge: the elimination of sexual assault on campuses. In fact, Obama’s team had a much more ambitious goal in mind. Vice President Joe Biden, the point person for the campus initiative, said at the end of his term that the administration was seeking “to fundamentally change the culture around sexual assault”—everywhere. New rules of sexual engagement between college students were written at the directive of the administration, but top Obama officials said they wanted these to be applied in the workplace and beyond. “You’re going to change the workplaces you work in,” Tina Tchen, director of the White House Council on Women and Girls, said at a 2016 event honoring campus sexual assault activists. “You’re going to raise your sons and daughters differently.”

more
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/10/yoffe-sexual-harassment-college-franken-216057
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Why the #MeToo Moment Should Be Ready for a Backlash
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:44:42 pm »
Vice President Joe Biden ... said at the end of his term that the administration was seeking “to fundamentally change the culture around sexual assault”

Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »
I hesitate lumping all females (or males) together into one basket of behaviors.

In the words of cartoonist Scott Adams, some people are more horny than others.

Some feminists would have everybody subject to a required, government drafted contract of permissions, disclosures, terms and conditions etc. at each step of talking, smiling, touching, kissing and beyond.

Others would have the priest, pastor or high ranking lay leaders first caution, council, approve, instruct participants.

Alas, some free spirits wish to go ahead on their own, no users manual to read in advance, learn by mistakes, trial and error.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:59:58 pm »
Mr. M retired a couple years ago as general counsel for a small local state university. Believe me, college guys (and girls) certainly are not thinking about Obama's rules of sexual engagement. They're not thinking at all (at least with their brains), no matter how many efforts there are to remake "how they interact sexually."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:58:09 am »
I have an anecdote from the 90's.  Someday I'll share.  Suffice it to say this has been going on a long time in the private corporate world, so I don't need these examples from academia.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:28:40 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 02:53:10 am »
This is actually the underlying problem with  progressivism. It's their belief that they can change human behavior just because they say so. And the results are always unintended consequences
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 02:57:34 am »
This is actually the underlying problem with  progressivism. It's their belief that they can change human behavior just because they say so. And the results are always unintended consequences

That is closer to the truth than anything else on this whole thread.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 03:04:17 am »
Exactly,  @LMAO

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 03:26:11 am »
Mr. M retired a couple years ago as general counsel for a small local state university. Believe me, college guys (and girls) certainly are not thinking about Obama's rules of sexual engagement. They're not thinking at all (at least with their brains), no matter how many efforts there are to remake "how they interact sexually."
Very true. Not only that, I'll bet most of the people who made up the new (and idiotic) rules for ..uh...courtship do not abide by them.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 05:53:03 am »
Jayne Mansfield 1960

! No longer available

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 12:44:12 pm »
She was so pretty. Her daughter is pretty too.

As for this topic, I’m sure it will backfire one day, I think everything eventually backfires.

(I’m as gloomy as Eeore today)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:20:30 pm »
She was so pretty. Her daughter is pretty too.

As for this topic, I’m sure it will backfire one day, I think everything eventually backfires.

(I’m as gloomy as Eeore today)

Jayne Mansfield had a genius or near genius IQ. Smart and pretty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »
After all the speeches, and the marches, and the p**sy hats, many women are not prepared for the workplace and their roles in it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 10:25:56 pm »
After all the speeches, and the marches, and the p**sy hats, many women are not prepared for the workplace and their roles in it.

I certainly think there is a possibility they have a misunderstanding of what a work place is, sure.  I'm reminded of a story of a group of interns who were unhappy with an employer's dress code (they wanted to wear tennis shoes), so they got together and submitted a petition to Management.  Everybody who signed it was promptly fired.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: