Author Topic: Could North Korea Prevent the U.S. From Participating In The South Korea Winter Olympics?  (Read 424 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
On Thursday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders suggested the United States might not participate in the Winter Olympics due to security concerns about North Korea. The day before, United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley suggested it was an "open question" as to whether or not the U.S. would send athletes.

Both later walked back these comments, suggesting America would take part but that the White House was still concerned about safety at the Olympics, which will be held in February in Pyeongchang, a town 50 miles from the border between South Korea and the North.

When asked on Fox News Wednesday if it was safe enough for U.S. athletes to go to South Korea after North Korea's repeated threats, Haley admitted, "There is an open question." She added, "I have not heard anything about that. ... We have to watch this closely and it's changing by the day."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/could-north-korea-prevent-the-u-s-from-participating-in-the-south-korea-winter-olympics/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:55:08 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Later on Thursday, however, Sanders tweeted an update. "The U.S. looks forward to participating in the Winter Olympics in South Korea," the press secretary clarified. "The protection of Americans is our top priority and we are engaged with the South Koreans and other partner nations to secure the venues."

They don't have the stones to pull some kind of 1972 Munich stunt.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Pulling our athletes would be so Jimmah The Peanut.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."