Author Topic: Christmas markets without armed police are now a thing of the past  (Read 284 times)

rangerrebew

Christmas markets without armed police are now a thing of the past

Ed West

7 December 2017

9:12 AM

I love the Christmas season, so friendly and wholesome and filled with evocative memories – but don’t the machine guns and anti-terror bollards seem to go up earlier each year? Look at the touching festive scenes in Manchester, and Edinburgh, and we’ll see the police and barriers across the country from Liverpool to Lincoln. It’s not quite Bedford Falls is it?

I’ve noticed these ‘diversity bollards’ popping up everywhere, without a word spoken about it; a few weeks ago I spotted them at Hyde Park Corner opposite the Duke of Wellington’s house. How would one explain that to Old Nosey? Well, Britain has nuclear warheads that could literally obliterate any country that threatened us, but we now have medieval style walls within our city to stop threats from religious extremists. No, not those kind, it’s a long story.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/12/christmas-markets-without-armed-police-are-now-a-thing-of-the-past/

Offline dfwgator

Re: Christmas markets without armed police are now a thing of the past
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:49:10 pm »
Not if you go to Krakow.  They don't seem to have any problems.....now why is that?