Author Topic: Donald Trump earns praise for his steel-clad leadership from Donald Rumsfeld  (Read 317 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump earns praise for his steel-clad leadership from Donald Rumsfeld
Washington Times, Dec 8, 2017, Jennifer Harper

President Trump got some compliments for his steel-clad leadership from one veteran observer who recognizes the value in a bold and forthright American leader on the global stage.

Donald Rumsfeld, who served as secretary of defense under former Presidents Gerald Ford and George W. Bush, offered insight on Mr. Trump and the potential threat of Russia and China.  “I don’t know President Trump. I’ve never met him. But I certainly think that his demeanor in the presidency is a deterrent to those two countries,” Mr. Rumsfeld told Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Thursday.

“He’s not tucked in and worried and cautious,” Mr. Rumsfeld said of Mr. Trump during the wide-ranging conversation. “He’s a bold leader and he speaks his mind. And it seems to me that people sitting in the Kremlin and in Beijing see that, and are probably respectful of the fact that it is not in their interest to engage in things that are disadvantageous to the United States.”

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/8/donald-trump-earns-praise-for-his-steel-clad-leade/

Offline endicom

“He’s not tucked in and worried and cautious,” Mr. Rumsfeld said of Mr. Trump...

As compared to...?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

As compared to...?

...any current establishment politician.

Rumsfeld is crazy about him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Axeslinger

Hey I’m a dyed in the wool Never Trumper here on this board and my complaints about Trump are well documented here...but I agree with Rumsfeld on this.   For all his faults that truly make me cringe, Trump IS trying to lead. There has been some OJT that is to be expected from someone outside the beltway stepping into that role, but he is adjusting and trying to lead, I believe.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hey I’m a dyed in the wool Never Trumper here on this board and my complaints about Trump are well documented here...but I agree with Rumsfeld on this.   For all his faults that truly make me cringe, Trump IS trying to lead. There has been some OJT that is to be expected from someone outside the beltway stepping into that role, but he is adjusting and trying to lead, I believe.

@Axeslinger

I could not agree any more with your post! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien