Author Topic: The ultimate simple, fair, and flat tax proposal  (Read 471 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The ultimate simple, fair, and flat tax proposal
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:03:53 pm »

..........Both from a liberal and conservative perspective, it’s time to flip the tables and restore the balance of power the founders originally intended. There is perhaps no more effective way of doing this and also solving the enigmatic tax debate at the same time than by abolishing all federal taxes and letting states collect all of the existing baseline of revenue.

The core federal functions will then be funded through a mandatory flat tax on the states’ respective revenues. This will guarantee steady income for the federal government but place the states in the driver’s seat to determine the entirety of the tax structure, rather than the other way around.

By empowering the states, this transformational reform will strengthen the people because it will restore self-governance, making state and local elections relevant again, and making state government more oriented toward the priorities of the people and also keeping the federal government on a shorter leash............

..............Simple. Fair. And flat

The freedom tax, or the “neutral tax,” as its author Tom Ryan, of Americans for Federalism, calls it, would flip this dynamic on its head. States and local governments would collect all $6.6 trillion in revenue.

Then the federal government would simply take, say, 44 percent of that revenue with absolutely no say over how it is produced. Tom Ryan has a brilliant white paper explaining the details and a FAQ page dissecting the practical application of the plan. It’s worth checking out the entire website at NeutralTax.com.

This plan would truly abolish the IRS and end the entire abusive relationship between the federal government and the individual by placing the state as the screen between the two, as was intended by our founders........

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/the-ultimate-simple-fair-and-flat-tax-proposal
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The ultimate simple, fair, and flat tax proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:08:54 pm »
This is the first I have heard of this proposal a cursory first glance says it's something I might be willing to support.  Anything that takes power out of Washington and returns it to the states has to be a good thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:18:56 pm »
This is the first I have heard of this proposal a cursory first glance says it's something I might be willing to support.  Anything that takes power out of Washington and returns it to the states has to be a good thing!

Agreed.  That's one reason why I'd like to also see a Convention of States; in essence it strips power  from the Feds and returns it to the states.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:46:21 pm »

..........Both from a liberal and conservative perspective, it’s time to flip the tables and restore the balance of power the founders originally intended. There is perhaps no more effective way of doing this and also solving the enigmatic tax debate at the same time than by abolishing all federal taxes and letting states collect all of the existing baseline of revenue.

The core federal functions will then be funded through a mandatory flat tax on the states’ respective revenues. This will guarantee steady income for the federal government but place the states in the driver’s seat to determine the entirety of the tax structure, rather than the other way around.

By empowering the states, this transformational reform will strengthen the people because it will restore self-governance, making state and local elections relevant again, and making state government more oriented toward the priorities of the people and also keeping the federal government on a shorter leash............

..............Simple. Fair. And flat

The freedom tax, or the “neutral tax,” as its author Tom Ryan, of Americans for Federalism, calls it, would flip this dynamic on its head. States and local governments would collect all $6.6 trillion in revenue.

Then the federal government would simply take, say, 44 percent of that revenue with absolutely no say over how it is produced. Tom Ryan has a brilliant white paper explaining the details and a FAQ page dissecting the practical application of the plan. It’s worth checking out the entire website at NeutralTax.com.

This plan would truly abolish the IRS and end the entire abusive relationship between the federal government and the individual by placing the state as the screen between the two, as was intended by our founders........

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/the-ultimate-simple-fair-and-flat-tax-proposal

Takes power away from the federal behemoth! Sounds excellent and workable.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:17:43 pm »

Yes, I'm in if it's what it sounds like.  But why have we heard nothing about this?

I know Ted Cruz had a similar plan.

We MUST get rid of the IRS... it is one of the biggest threats to our freedom.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:29:39 pm »
Before we begin discussing new tax plans, can you finally respond to the post you made that declared that the poor will lose out on the current tax plan before us? @libertybele

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,293003.msg1531646.html#msg1531646
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 02:50:18 am »
https://investorplace.com/2017/11/gop-tax-plan/

http://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2017/11/27/senate-gop-tax-bill-hurts-the-poor-more-than-originally-thought-cbo-finds/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2017/11/29/how-the-gop-tax-plan-scrooges-middle-class-retired-and-poor/#44a3e8ef6c1e

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/27/news/economy/senate-gop-tax-bill-poor/index.html

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/362436-gop-tax-plan-a-corporate-giveaway-disguised-as-reform

http://publicnewsservice.org/2017-11-28/budget-policy-and-priorities/new-analysis-finds-more-pain-for-nations-poor-in-senate-tax-plan/a60444-1

http://fox2now.com/2017/10/22/guess-who-loses-with-trumps-tax-plan/
Thanks for finally answering.

It seems the meat of what you are against in this tax plan that describes it hurts the poor is this:

The working poor will not benefit any further from the plan as they already have a $0 federal tax, but there is no increase in the credit — or money back — the bottom 35% would get from taxes.

The poor pay no taxes so they CANNOT get poorer by this tax cut.  So that is an error on your part.

Or you can refute by describing how they are the ones that are getting hurt once again by paying no taxes. 
@libertybele
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:50:39 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington