Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 26862 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 01:44:39 pm »
And historically it hasn't been much easier in so-called enlightened societies.  Many Christians condemn homosexuals - even those who live monogamously with a partner - as perverts and abominations.   Up until recently,  homosexual behavior was an accepted excuse for discrimination, in housing, in employment, in legal rights of all kinds. 

Of course it isn't a choice.   For most, it's no more a choice than race or gender.   Gay folks have exactly the same choices as straight folks  - whether to live a moral and responsible life,  of monogamy and faithful behavior, or of promiscuity and dissipation.

@Jazzhead
Wow you hit every talking point there, gold star & a smiley face
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 01:51:01 pm »
Because no individual ever choose to participate in destructive behavior?

Only the mentally ill get some slack on that.

My favorite co-worker is a recovering heroin/meth addict. She doesn't blame anyone else for her multiple stints in jail or the general disaster her life is.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 01:57:51 pm »
@Jazzhead
Wow you hit every talking point there, gold star & a smiley face

Got something against monogamy and faithful behavior?   

All I'm trying to say is that everyone deserves to be praised or condemned in accordance with their actions as individuals.   What frosts me about the attitudes of (some) Christians is that good folks get labeled "abominations" just because of an aspect of their being they cannot control.   One doesn't choose whether to be gay or straight - that's up to God.  What's up to us is what we choose to make of ourselves, and whether we choose to live by moral precepts.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 02:00:21 pm »
There is no worse thing possible for LGBT* than a test that can prove they are gay. That opens them to the possibility of gay men failing the test thereby proving it is a chosen behavior.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 02:02:03 pm »
  What frosts me about the attitudes of (some) Christians is that good folks get labeled "abominations" just because of an aspect of their being they cannot control.   

None of the things listed in the Bible as "abomination" are things you cannot control. They are all chosen actions.
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »
None of the things listed in the Bible as "abomination" are things you cannot control. They are all chosen actions.

:bigsilly:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2017, 02:07:04 pm »
Got something against monogamy and faithful behavior?   

All I'm trying to say is that everyone deserves to be praised or condemned in accordance with their actions as individuals.   What frosts me about the attitudes of (some) Christians is that good folks get labeled "abominations" just because of an aspect of their being they cannot control.   One doesn't choose whether to be gay or straight - that's up to God.  What's up to us is what we choose to make of ourselves, and whether we choose to live by moral precepts.     

@Jazzhead

Exactly, we are all judged based on our actions aka behaviors.  Every single person makes mistakes but there is a difference between making a mistake and making an effort to not repeat, and choosing to live in that mistake and glorify it. 

God doesn't make people gay, thats a ignorant statement.  God gave us free will which allows us the choice.  Some people suffer for the choices of other people but that doesn't mean God made it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:07:31 pm by driftdiver »

Oceander

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2017, 02:08:07 pm »
@Jazzhead

Exactly, we are all judged based on our actions aka behaviors.  Every single person makes mistakes but there is a difference between making a mistake and making an effort to not repeat, and choosing to live in that mistake and glorify it. 

God doesn't make people gay, thats a ignorant statement.  God gave us free will which allows us the choice.  Some people suffer for the choices of other people but that doesn't mean God made it.

Did God make human DNA?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2017, 02:11:34 pm »

God makes some of us gay just as He makes most of us straight.  Our free will permits us to choose to be monogamous and faithful, or promiscuous and faithless.   

But some Christians will condemn the homosexual even if he/she chooses the life of monogamy and faithfulness.   That's, well, abominable.   
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:12:36 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2017, 02:17:46 pm »
Did God make human DNA?

@Oceander
I thought it evolved?    make up your mind.

But yes i believe God made our DNA, and it was made perfectly.  Then Adam and Eve disobeyed God and we started having to answer for our mistakes.   Sometimes our mistakes and poor choices impact other people, including our children.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2017, 02:19:19 pm »
God makes some of us gay just as He makes most of us straight.  Our free will permits us to choose to be monogamous and faithful, or promiscuous and faithless.   

But some Christians will condemn the homosexual even if he/she chooses the life of monogamy and faithfulness.   That's, well, abominable.

@Jazzhead
God made us male and female.  Then he told us that sex is between husband and wife in holy matrimony.   Anything outside of that is outside of Gods will.   Why would he "make" us something that is against his will?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2017, 04:11:36 pm »
@Jazzhead

Does God make Type 1 diabetics, people born with missing limbs, twins fused together?  Where are these peoples free choice not to be born that way?

@driftdiver

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2017, 04:16:20 pm »
Some here paint all gays with one broad paint brush. Not all gays are like Folson parade idiots, Perez Hilton, etc.

Most of the gays I know you would not know they are gay . They dress normal, many are conservative. A good friend of mine who is gay has a gun collection that would make most freeper males envious.

What is funnier yet there are many gays you meet in everyday life who just don't say they are gay I bet you are friends with.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2017, 04:16:26 pm »
@Jazzhead
God made us male and female.  Then he told us that sex is between husband and wife in holy matrimony.   Anything outside of that is outside of Gods will.   Why would he "make" us something that is against his will?

That's an odd statement.  The OT is one long story about how God made the Jews His people and how they repeatedly and continuously acted against His will and Torah. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2017, 04:17:55 pm »
Does God make Type 1 diabetics, people born with missing limbs, twins fused together?  Where are these peoples free choice not to be born that way?

@driftdiver

@mirraflake
If Adam and Eve had stayed in the Garden we would not have disease or hunger.   Or work for that matter.   

So yes life does get difficult at times.   You should try being separated from God if you think this is difficult.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2017, 04:19:51 pm »
@mirraflake
If Adam and Eve had stayed in the Garden we would not have disease or hunger.   Or work for that matter.   

So yes life does get difficult at times.   You should try being separated from God if you think this is difficult.

Adam and Eve, while in the Garden, acted against God's will.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2017, 04:20:03 pm »
That's an odd statement.  The OT is one long story about how God made the Jews His people and how they repeatedly and continuously acted against His will and Torah.

@Sanguine
Whats an odd statement and how is your comment related to mine?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2017, 04:21:07 pm »
Some here paint all gays with one broad paint brush. Not all gays are like Folson parade idiots, Perez Hilton, etc.

Most of the gays I know you would not know they are gay . They dress normal, many are conservative. A good friend of mine who is gay has a gun collection that would make most freeper males envious.

What is funnier yet there are many gays you meet in everyday life who just don't say they are gay I bet you are friends with.

@mirraflake
The only broad brush going on here is the attacks on Christians.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »
Well, in a couple of generations we'll have proof one way or the other.  Since taking a wife as cover is no longer needed, homosexuality have been normalized throughout the Western world, if it's genetic, with homosexuals no longer pushed into mating with women, the incidence rate should decline.  If it's a choice, having been normalized and "celebrated" by the left, the incidence rate should increase.

Please, before you continue to embarrass yourself with that idiotic first statement read some basic high school biology books will ya??

As for the last line, rates of gay and lesbians have been the same as 40 years ago..just more people are now open about it.

@The_Reader_David

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »
Adam and Eve, while in the Garden, acted against God's will.

Which is why they were booted, evicted, tossed, summarily thrown out, asked to leave (pick your favorite) the Garden.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:42 pm »
Abuse.  Neglect.  Abandonment.  Rape by a man.  Any number of issues might cause the removal of what is natural.

Total BS.

@musiclady

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2017, 04:24:46 pm »
Please, before you continue to embarrass yourself with that idiotic first statement read some basic high school biology books will ya??

As for the last line, rates of gay and lesbians have been the same as 40 years ago..just more people are now open about it.

@The_Reader_David

Gays seem to want the rest of us to believe that being homosexual is something new.   No its been around for all of recorded history and each society makes up its mind how to act towards it.   

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2017, 04:25:27 pm »
Do we have anybody with degrees in Biology?

Do we have anybody that has studied DNA, genetics, from any standpoint?

--genealogy
--medical research and treatments
--paternity
--national/regional origins
--criminology
--other

Anybody know what Haplogroups and Haplotypes are? SNPs?
Y-DNA and mt-DNA and autosomal DNA. Epigenetics?

Their minds are closed.
@truth_seeker

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2017, 04:28:26 pm »

Their minds are closed.
@truth_seeker

@mirraflake @truth_seeker
You are the ones that are trying to use science to support your predetermined opinion.  Despite there being no science to support your theory.  Even this 'study' is poorly done and doesnt support the headline.

No, 'science' says that humans are complex beings and science can't explain much of what we do.   Much of human behavior comes down to if it feels good then some people will do it regardless of the long term consequences.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2017, 04:37:32 pm »

freeper?