Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 26863 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 08:30:10 pm »
Nope. Epilepsy is a medical condition, not a disease. and I never did say 100% of gays had this gene disorder. Go back and read what I wrote.

@driftdiver

@mirraflake
So being gay is a medical condition now?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 08:36:15 pm »
Who would purposely choose to be homosexual? I don’t buy that.

Genes determine so much of our physical and mental traits that it’s hard to dismiss evidence suggesting a DNA link to homosexuality.

I'm starting to wonder about all of the soy in so many food products and the plastic those products are packaged in.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 08:40:11 pm »
@mirraflake
Could be any of the above and you just don't know the truth.   Its very common for abuse victims to hide their history.   

I also have a friend that was a lesbian.  She looked very masculine.   Her hair, clothes and actions were more like a man.    She was also very unhappy and one day decided to change her life.   she met a man and ended up married.    guess what, now she doesn't look masculine and she has credited my friendship as being a factor in her choosing to change.

"Oh its genetics" is just another snowflake excuse so people don't have to take responsibility for their behavior.  Are there genetic abnormalities, sure there are but not to the extent you want to believe to make yourself feel better,

Nope on the first comment.  My SIL brother came from a great home, great relationship with both parents, strong Christian family.  I knew he was gay when i first met him mid 80's  way before he came out.

Your lesbian example is a lipstick lesbian. The lesbian I know has a linebackers body and face to match. No amount of time or money spent at a Macey Glamour Shots would make her look anything like a female...more like a female in male drag..

Time for you to adopt the science of the 21st century.

@driftdiver

Offline thackney

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 08:41:57 pm »
Who would purposely choose to be homosexual? I don’t buy that.

Genes determine so much of our physical and mental traits that it’s hard to dismiss evidence suggesting a DNA link to homosexuality.

There are people who choose to follow a homosexual life and then choose to change to heterosexual.  Or vise versa.

I suspect there is both a portion of the population with a difference in genetics, and a portion that choose.  Those choosing may a lesser but but partial genetic difference in comparison.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 08:43:51 pm »
@mirraflake
So being gay is a medical condition now?

Could be with many. Just as I mentioned before, murderers and violent people have a different brain structure and particular brain parts or areas are not developed when compared to normal people.

@driftdiver

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 08:43:56 pm »
There are people who choose to follow a homosexual life and then choose to change to heterosexual.  Or vise versa.

I suspect there is both a portion of the population with a difference in genetics, and a portion that choose.  Those choosing may a lesser but but partial genetic difference in comparison.

I agree, though I really don't think many chose the homosexual life if they are attracted to women.  Someone was arguing on another thread that men just can't help themselves around women.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 08:46:01 pm »
https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/opinions/two-spirits-one-heart-five-genders/

Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders

For European settlers the Original Peoples way of life was perplexing, including the the Two Spirits tradition

Duane Brayboy • September 7, 2017

“The New World.” This romanticized term inspired legions of Europeans to race to the places we live in search of freedoms from oppressive regimes or treasures that would be claimed in the name of some European nation.

Those who arrived in the Native American Garden of Eden had never seen a land so uncorrupted. The Europeans saw new geography, new plants, new animals, but the most perplexing curiosity to these people were the Original Peoples and our ways of life. Of all of the foreign life ways Indians held, one of the first the Europeans targeted for elimination was the Two Spirit tradition among Native American cultures. At the point of contact, all Native American societies acknowledged three to five gender roles: Female, male, Two Spirit female, Two Spirit male and transgendered. LGBT Native Americans wanting to be identified within their respective tribes and not grouped with other races officially adopted the term “Two Spirit” from the Ojibwe language in Winnipeg, Manitoba, 1989. Each tribe has their own specific term, but there was a need for a universal term that the general population could understand. The Navajo refer to Two Spirits as Nádleehí (one who is transformed), among the Lakota is Winkté (indicative of a male who has a compulsion to behave as a female), Niizh Manidoowag (two spirit) in Ojibwe, Hemaneh (half man, half woman) in Cheyenne, to name a few. As the purpose of “Two Spirit” is to be used as a universal term in the English language, it is not always translatable with the same meaning in Native languages. For example, in the Iroquois Cherokee language, there is no way to translate the term, but the Cherokee do have gender variance terms for “women who feel like men” and vice versa.

snip

This article describes "The People" of North America, before contact with Europeans.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:54 pm »
@Oceander
The thread is about someone saying 2 genes cause gayness.   

SO GFY with a Gene

Thanks for proving my point. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:01 pm »
I'm starting to wonder about all of the soy in so many food products and the plastic those products are packaged in.

I hear ya. The Romans were big on drinking soy milk out of plastic jugs.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 09:39:30 pm »

Funny how 1.7% of the population expect to be called normal and to have everyone dance to their tune.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 09:41:44 pm »
I agree, though I really don't think many chose the homosexual life if they are attracted to women.  Someone was arguing on another thread that men just can't help themselves around women.

Well, apparently men can't help themselves around men either.

At least according to men.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 11:12:27 pm »
I wonder how that 'queer gene' got passed along if no queer parents?

Could it be that -gasp- a queer person was not queer?

There goes the research.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:41 pm »
Yawn, get back to me when they can replicate the test with accuracy. Otherwise this is just like the other non-fact pseudoscience that has popped up a half dozen times the past 15 years. None of which you hear of again except in gay glory publications. Like this article says, if it wasn't gay related, it wouldn't even be published.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 12:07:07 am »

There goes the research.

Please read up on some very basic genetic information before you make another comment like that. SMH

@IsailedawayfromFR

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 12:11:28 am »
Please read up on some very basic genetic information before you make another comment like that. SMH

@IsailedawayfromFR
Not an answer at all.

Here's a better one from the article:

The study has been described as 'weak' by independent scientists, and the study's authors admit the link is 'speculative'.

In two words:  Bad Science
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:21 am »
Not an answer at all.

Here's a better one from the article:

The study has been described as 'weak' by independent scientists, and the study's authors admit the link is 'speculative'.

In two words:  Bad Science

I will answer your question  if my parents are not gay why is their children gay?

Hint recessive genes for one. There are numerous ways genes skip generations.

I never said genes are the entire reason people are gay. As mentioned before there is epigentics and the one issue I believe most is a chemical imbalance during gestation.

I mentioned epilespy before. There are numerous ways you can get epilepsy-genetic, injury, environment (chemicals-even strobe lights under certain conditions).

@IsailedawayfromFR
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:16:47 am by mirraflake »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 12:29:45 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR

I opened the door on DNA via genealogy. Looking further into it how they determine locations of origin.

I learned it is a subject on which we have barely opened the door. Much hope is held now, for medical treatments from knowledge of genetics, DNA, genes, chromosomes, single nucleoid polymorphisms (SNPs) etc.
Then to Epigenetics, by which environmental factors change DNA presentations.

Unless a person has time, intelligence, interest and an open mind it isn't likely they will remain interested very far into the subject.

Especially if they lack the open-mindedness to reverse preconceived notions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 12:34:33 am »
Yawn, get back to me when they can replicate the test with accuracy. Otherwise this is just like the other non-fact pseudoscience that has popped up a half dozen times the past 15 years. None of which you hear of again except in gay glory publications. Like this article says, if it wasn't gay related, it wouldn't even be published.

They keep trying, don't they?

The entire premise of the left is that homosexuality is not a choice.  So their "science" is to keep trying to prove what they already believe.

Which isn't actually science at all.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 12:40:52 am »

There goes the research.

How could two brown-eyed parents have blue-eyed children?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 12:51:08 am »

The entire premise of the left is that homosexuality is not a choice. 

Choice for some, not a choice for most.

As I mentioned before some people like chocolate and some prefer vanilla ice cream. I'm sure the ones who like vanilla were not abused by the chocolate ice cream. You may hate tomato soup while your siblings love it..why is that?

Everyone has likes or attraction to other people, objects, hobbies they have no idea where the interest came about. It was always there.

@musiclady

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 01:02:59 am »
Choice for some, not a choice for most.

As I mentioned before some people like chocolate and some prefer vanilla ice cream. I'm sure the ones who like vanilla were not abused by the chocolate ice cream. You may hate tomato soup while your siblings love it..why is that?

Everyone has likes or attraction to other people, objects, hobbies they have no idea where the interest came about. It was always there.

@musiclady

@mirraflake

You have that backwards.  It's a choice for most.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 01:03:37 am »

Yep. And look what happened to that civilization  22222frying pan
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 01:05:41 am »
Why would a man, who as several of you point out have high sex drives and are generally very attracted to women, make a choice to somehow overcome their drives and attractions and instead chose to be attracted to another man?  Just doesn't make any sense.  None.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 01:12:16 am »
Ima lesbian trapped in a man's body.

I think epigenetics plays a big part in this controversy.

Are animals homosexual?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2017, 01:18:20 am »
Ima lesbian trapped in a man's body.

I think epigenetics plays a big part in this controversy.

Are animals homosexual?

Not really.  Some do display some "homosexual" behaviors, but not consistently.  For instance, cows may mount each other, but it appears to be an attempt to stimulate ovulation in preparation for breeding.