Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 26854 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2017, 01:23:25 am »
Ima lesbian trapped in a man's body.

I think epigenetics plays a big part in this controversy.

Are animals homosexual?

We rescued our English mastiff who was intact at the time and our vet recommended against neutering. A new study indicates that specific prolific cancers, severe allergies, and hip displasia are more likely the result of neuter and spay, not poor breeding policies.

Any hoo, we let him run around the dog park behind my in-laws' place when we visit but the rules state that the dog must be neutered. It's not a law mind you, but merely a rule enforced by people taking pictures of your dog and posting on facebook that an intact dog was at the park. You know, millennial public shaming. I took to facebook and defended Goliath's honor stating that he identifies as a spayed female and all the haters needed to stop. Well, they didn't know what to do! If they called bullshit then they would be in a precarious situation with the human version of perversion.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:12 am »
Why would a man, who as several of you point out have high sex drives and are generally very attracted to women, make a choice to somehow overcome their drives and attractions and instead chose to be attracted to another man?  Just doesn't make any sense.  None.

Abuse.  Neglect.  Abandonment.  Rape by a man.  Any number of issues might cause the removal of what is natural.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2017, 02:16:58 am »
Abuse.  Neglect.  Abandonment.  Rape by a man.  Any number of issues might cause the removal of what is natural.

That might be true for some, but many have no history of abuse.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 02:26:35 am »
They found two regions with multiple genetic variants most strongly associated with sexuality.

Translation: more gay men had  a certain genetic variation than straight men, and the variance was not likely random.  It means that some bit of homosexuality can be explained by genetics, but not all.  Based on what is now known, homosexuality is thought to be around 20 percent genetic, 80 percent learned predisposition.  As time goes on, the 20 percent keeps going up, and the 80 percent keeps going down.  I seriously doubt science will ever declare gayness to be 100 percent genetic, although it likely is in some people.  For most, homosexuality is "learned."  It comes about as a result of cultural and subcultural influences, group dynamics, personality, motivation, attitudes and a whole host of other things that influence all of our behaviors.

Most things like homosexuality start out as a fixation.  The fixation becomes a compulsion, and then the compulsion becomes an addiction.  Alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling addiction, and shopping addictions all come from this pattern.  So does transgenderism, which is undoubtedly a learned predisposition.  Homosexuality is a bit more of a grey area, although I would compare it to alcoholism in the sense that the combination of learning and genetics can increase someone's likelihood of taking up either behavior.

Fixations can come from any number of sources, including mass media.  The more mass media glorifies a particular thing (transgeenders and gays, for example) the more people will become fixated with that thing, and the rest is a numbers game; as we have seen in recent years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 02:39:31 am »
That might be true for some, but many have no history of abuse.

That we know of.

And what about abandonment or neglect?  Absent fathers?  Parents who think that little boys who like pink are gay so steer them that way?   Something is wrong.  It is not the way they are born.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 02:42:20 am »
That we know of.

And what about abandonment or neglect?  Absent fathers?  Parents who think that little boys who like pink are gay so steer them that way?   Something is wrong.  It is not the way they are born.

Why would you not consider that it may be partially genetic?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 03:21:18 am »
Sanguine observes:
"Why would a man, who as several of you point out have high sex drives and are generally very attracted to women, make a choice to somehow overcome their drives and attractions and instead chose to be attracted to another man?  Just doesn't make any sense.  None."

My thoughts on the subject, posted here (if you don't mind dirtying your hands by going there):
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2846164/posts?page=67#67

Offline thackney

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 03:22:19 am »
Why would a man, who as several of you point out have high sex drives and are generally very attracted to women, make a choice to somehow overcome their drives and attractions and instead chose to be attracted to another man?  Just doesn't make any sense.  None.

And yet we have history of many that will switch back and forth.  If it doesn't make any senses at all, is that a sign of a disorder?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 03:39:36 am »
And yet we have history of many that will switch back and forth.  If it doesn't make any senses at all, is that a sign of a disorder?

And, even more who don't.  I don't know the answer.  I'm just saying it's a bit more complex that some might make it out to be.

And, for the record, I accept that God says don't do it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:40:31 am by Sanguine »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 04:11:04 am »
Do we have anybody with degrees in Biology?

Do we have anybody that has studied DNA, genetics, from any standpoint?

--genealogy
--medical research and treatments
--paternity
--national/regional origins
--criminology
--other

Anybody know what Haplogroups and Haplotypes are? SNPs?
Y-DNA and mt-DNA and autosomal DNA. Epigenetics?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:28 am »
Well, in a couple of generations we'll have proof one way or the other.  Since taking a wife as cover is no longer needed, homosexuality have been normalized throughout the Western world, if it's genetic, with homosexuals no longer pushed into mating with women, the incidence rate should decline.  If it's a choice, having been normalized and "celebrated" by the left, the incidence rate should increase.

Of course, I've never found the "born that way" argument very interesting.  I suspect there are genetic markers that correspond to having an inborn besetting temptation to every sin in the catalogue of sins.  Psychopathy seems to be inborn, and no one argues that the means the behavior of psychopaths is not morally objectionable, or that laws against fraud, murder, lying under oath, and all manner of other things psychopaths are prone to should be abolished because the condition has a genetic basis.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 04:31:10 am »
Well, in a couple of generations we'll have proof one way or the other. 

We don't have that long. Historically, acceptance of homosexuality (and other deviant behavior like-in-kind) is the death rattle of a society.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 04:32:12 am »
We don't have that long. Historically, acceptance of homosexuality (and other deviant behavior like-in-kind) is the death rattle of a society.

I don't know about that. The French have been around for centuries.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2017, 04:34:20 am »
I don't know about that. The French have been around for centuries.

And they are even now, talking about splitting their country to avoid war with Islam.
You're making my point.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2017, 05:02:34 am »
And, even more who don't.  I don't know the answer.  I'm just saying it's a bit more complex that some might make it out to be.
Hence the term of choice 'queer'.

Even the ravings of Islam recognize that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:03:38 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:36 am »
And they are even now, talking about splitting their country to avoid war with Islam.
You're making my point.

Not really. Now you are arguing that unrestrained immigration destroys a country, not faggotry. Now maybe you can argue that faggotry encourages the want for unrestrained immigration, which in turn destroys a country.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:37 am »

But for most, they're born that way.  And just as capable of finding love and happiness with a partner. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:07:26 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 05:07:52 am »
But for most, they're born that way.  And just as capable as you and I]of finding love and happiness with a partner.

You sound like you have first hand knowledge.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 05:11:52 am »
You sound like you have first hand knowledge.

I do.  Several close family members.  So sod off with your hate.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 05:15:03 am »
I do.  Several close family members.  So sod off with your hate.

Several in the family are gay yet they make up about 1% of the population. Guess you live in the Castro district.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 10:17:32 am »

Repressive societies (radical Islam) kill members discovered to be homosexual. Homosexuality in these traditions can be a death sentence.

Yet some folks here insist homosexuality is learned behavior? In a repressed society where homosexuality is not only not accepted nor celebrated but rather is sought to be violently extinguished. And yet homosexuality still exists in Islam.

I’m still not buying that it’s an individual choice, when that choice could result in execution by being thrown off rooftops. One must be genetically predisposed to risk engagement in that behavior.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 01:02:45 pm »
Repressive societies (radical Islam) kill members discovered to be homosexual. Homosexuality in these traditions can be a death sentence.

And historically it hasn't been much easier in so-called enlightened societies.  Many Christians condemn homosexuals - even those who live monogamously with a partner - as perverts and abominations.   Up until recently,  homosexual behavior was an accepted excuse for discrimination, in housing, in employment, in legal rights of all kinds. 

Of course it isn't a choice.   For most, it's no more a choice than race or gender.   Gay folks have exactly the same choices as straight folks  - whether to live a moral and responsible life,  of monogamy and faithful behavior, or of promiscuity and dissipation.   

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »
Who would purposely choose to be homosexual? I don’t buy that.

Genes determine so much of our physical and mental traits that it’s hard to dismiss evidence suggesting a DNA link to homosexuality.

Depends on the perks and how willing someone is to do what it takes to get them. When my niece was attending Western Michigan University she told me about the LUGs (Lesbian until graduation). Western and many other schools have official policies giving special treatment to oppressed groups.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »

Yet some folks here insist homosexuality is learned behavior? In a repressed society where homosexuality is not only not accepted nor celebrated but rather is sought to be violently extinguished. And yet homosexuality still exists in Islam.

I’m still not buying that it’s an individual choice, when that choice could result in execution by being thrown off rooftops. One must be genetically predisposed to risk engagement in that behavior.

@aligncare

A misnomer for sure.  In those cultures its only homosexual to receive and not be the guy on top.  Their history of using small boys as sex slaves is well known and very common among the radicals.   Not to mention people like ISIS were using rape as a recruiting method.  They'd video tape themselves raping young men and then use the video as blackmail to get them to join.   if it were as clear cut as you say neither of this would exist.

History and a thinking mind shows its about 98% choice aka a chosen behavior.  There are a few who are born with a serious issue but that is the exception.  If a genetic cause did exist it certainly would have been found and the homosexual community wouldn't be relying on junk science like this particular study.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 01:41:32 pm »

Because no individual ever choose to participate in destructive behavior?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer