Author Topic: Melania Trump and Karen Pence treat press to Whataburger lunch during Texas visit  (Read 8426 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Well the cool thing about using those drums is that the radiation glowing makes night cooking convenient.

The plywood and 2 x 4's I used to smoke with made that brisket have pungent taste....

Offline Frank Cannon

The plywood and 2 x 4's I used to smoke with made that brisket have pungent taste....

Let me guess. You use pressure treated wood so it doesn't rot before you get a chance to cook with it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Smoke is for house fires and dope. Not for cooking. You keep your toxic waste drums converted to cooking devices south of the Mason Dixon if you don't mind.

BTW Weber is the gold standard for grilling.....

Dayum!  I thought Webbers were for making compost!  Had no idea people actually try to cook on them!   :shrug:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

It is snowing in Sugar Land now.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What was the one in Seabrook, "stump's"? They were good.
I lived in the Clear Lake area, but in was over 2 decades ago.
I haven't been there in a long time.
Langford (Langford?) Grocery in Midtown Houston was really good, too.
I'd eat there regularly when I worked downtown, or happened to be there on a Saturday.
Lankford's. And do not make the mistake of ordering the 'Fireman's special'.  Almost burnt my tongue off.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

It is snowing in Sugar Land now.
Snowing on a South Padre Island this morning too. Geez. So much for global warming.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Snowing on a South Padre Island this morning too. Geez. So much for global warming.
All those Snowbirds nesting down there right now in the warm tropical breezes are thinking they screwed up
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

I flew out of Corpus that morning.  Wondered what all the police SUVs were for.  I don't get much news while working in Texas, so I missed out.  Would have taken a later flight had I known.  Did they visit Ingleside or Aransas Pass?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

btw, the coffee milkshake is to die for.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RetBobbyMI

btw, the coffee milkshake is to die for.

I’ll have to try that on the way back to San Antonio tomorrow.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I’ll have to try that on the way back to San Antonio tomorrow.

Those are really, really good!